What is your perfect WDW addition?

Glasgow

Original Poster
I've read lots of threads regarding the "What would you do?" scenarios which are generally isolated to one park or area. In that same vein, what would be your dream addition to WDW? 5th gate? Monorail expansion? BAH removal? Better coffee in the rooms? You have but one wish (and ixnay on the wishing for more wishes ; ..) so what would you add or remove? You can think large scale here, money is no object. I'm curious to hear what most people want more than anything and if there is any consensus.

For me, it's expansion of Adventureland (perhaps over across Caribbean Way). Of all the locations around the property, this is the one I would most like to see expanded, particularly with IJA but moreso the ambiance and feel of isolation and remoteness.

JiminyandTink

I'll take a massive expansion of DHS to include the following:
  • An expansion of the old Hollywood feel of Hollwood/Sunset Blds... maybe a couple more streets?
  • The creation of ToonTown (from Roger Rabbit) as was once intended for the park.
  • Star Wars Land
  • Cars Land
  • Expansion of Pixar Place
  • Indiana Jones dark ride
  • Bring back a working studio on property (annimation or other)
  • Move the BAH to the annimation courtyard
Ok, maybe I over did it a bit, but how great would DHS be if it did all of that.

Glasgow

Original Poster
  • An expansion of the old Hollywood feel of Hollwood/Sunset Blds... maybe a couple more streets?
  • The creation of ToonTown (from Roger Rabbit) as was once intended for the park.
  • Star Wars Land
  • Cars Land
Ok, maybe I over did it a bit, but how great would DHS be if it did all of that.

Yes, would love to see an overhaul of DHS, particularly with the layout and balance of that park .. it just seems .. pieced together to me

KCheatle

Of all the parks, I think HS needs the most love. I think the "quickest" fix would be to add Carsland (I say "quickest" because it's already been thought through and they could just do a ctrl+"c" and then ctrl+"v" to insert it into HS). But, that's not all it needs. It really needs a lot of help I think to get it back up to par. It's a great theme, but they've really let it slip.

Gonzo79

• Star Wars Land
  • Cars Land

I agree with and love everything on this list. This is what I would wish to see happen.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I'd love a Monorail to each of the parks. In general, I really liked riding the monorail...and I would be more inclined to see the other parks if it involved a Monorail trip right from my hotel! <3

But since we're dreaming... can I get a Lion King Land? I'd also be thrilled to death if Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty (full movie, not just character!) had their own lands. It'd be interesting to walk through the 'scary' trees to get to the 7 dwarves cottage, or walk through Cindy's giant house and get to see all the animals and wher she 'used' to live. Then of course, the new digs. ;)

Disnee4Me

A fifth park with a lot of thriller rides to give competition to Universal/Island of Adventure. I think Disney needs something more thrilling for the 15-30 year olds (although at age 51 I did ride some of those crazy coasters over at Universal). Yes and a Monorail from park to park would be great too.

rob45

Carsland for sure.
EPCOT needs some attention with some new attractions in Future World.
I would love to see a monorail system that ties all parks together. This would free up some of the bus crowds.

Allie_Marie

• Star Wars Land
  • Cars Land

Please submit your resume to become a Disney Imagineer and get your ideas rolling!

Turtle

be prepared for a long post

DHS Expansion:
- Pixar Place [campus theme] expansion with a Monsters Inc. dark ride, Ratatouille restaurant, Bug's Life Playground, Incredibles e-ticket, and enhanced Toy Story Mania queue like Dumbo.
- The Galaxy of Star Wars: Rebels vs Empire (Choose Your Side) E-Ticket EMV That Duels (X Wing VS Ti Fighter), Jedi Training Academy for adults that you are in Dagobah with Yoda and you raise the X-Wing, Cantina
- Muppet Courtyard: Muppet-Vision refurbishment of effects, walk-around Muppet Mobile Labs, interactive game, Muppet character dining
- Remove the Hat to in front of the turnstiles

AK Expansion:
- The North: American Wilderness w/Bald Eagle, Moose, and Bear trails plus a new e-ticket themed to Mount. Grizzly which has a confusing technology I invented (but it's coolio)
- Mystic Point in Asia
- Lion King 4D Show replacing Bug's Life
- Pterodactyl Dark Ride in DinoLand

EPCOT:
- Fix Imagination
- Weather Pavilion with a cool ride with new technology hard to explain
- Japan Bullet Train Ride
- New Soarin' Which Goes Over The World And Takes Place in World Showcase
- Take Nemo Outta The Seas

MK:
- Alice and Wonderland Dark Ride (Replacing Speedway)
- Enhanced Buzz Lightyear Ride
- Replace Stitch for a new Alien Encounter (not the same)
- Replace the Laugh Floor with an animatronic alien show
- Piece of Speedway will be kept for future Tomorrowland expansion
- Volcano Mountain in Adventureland

Fletch

• Star Wars Land
  • Cars Land

This. Throw in some Marvel also.

To me the biggest potential is with DHS. Hope I live to see it.

Crazy4WDW1

I'd love to have Horizons back at Epcot and the World of Motion. Also . . . I'd love to see the merchandise that was sold at Epcot around park opening sold again at Mouse Gear.

Soarin2u

A fifth park with a lot of thriller rides to give competition to Universal/Island of Adventure. I think Disney needs something more thrilling for the 15-30 year olds (although at age 51 I did ride some of those crazy coasters over at Universal). Yes and a Monorail from park to park would be great too.

That'd ruin Disney. A fifth park, no. A thrill park, yes.. Disney should NOT add a thrill park, that'd cheapen Disney's image and it would attract an unpleasant bunch of teens. Disney wants to remain with a family image and not a Teen galore. They are a place that offers a variety of attractions, unlike Universal where all they offers is Stimulators and Coasters. They only reason Universal is popular is because it attracts more mainstream culture. Disney holds much more class unlike that teen playground. Both parks are good for what they are because they are unique. Disney needs to stay Unique.

Please note that I do not hate Universal, I love it for what it is, a thrill park. However Disney was never born with this need to be a park full of coasters. Imagineers have provided us rides full of imagination, knowledge and technology. Lets not touch that.

Glasgow

Original Poster
That'd ruin Disney. A fifth park, no. A thrill park, yes.. Disney should NOT add a thrill park, that'd cheapen Disney's image and it would attract an unpleasant bunch of teens. Disney wants to remain with a family image and not a Teen galore. They are a place that offers a variety of attractions, unlike Universal where all they offers is Stimulators and Coasters. They only reason Universal is popular is because it attracts more mainstream culture. Disney holds much more class unlike that teen playground. Both parks are good for what they are because they are unique. Disney needs to stay Unique.

Please note that I do not hate Universal, I love it for what it is, a thrill park. However Disney was never born with this need to be a park full of coasters. Imagineers have provided us rides full of imagination, knowledge and technology. Lets not touch that.

Uni is slowly but surely migrating from being strictly a thrill park to a mixed theme park. You can see it happening over the past few years. It'll be interesting to see how they move forward since they have a large franchise to lean on now (HP). With no room to expand though they'll always be hampered by lack of space unless they can acquire an adjacent block of land and raze it - unlikely

NeedMoreMickey

I would like to see an expansion to HS, anything movie or TV related works for me. When I look at a map I can't figure out why the entrance was put where it was instead of more along where the parking lots are now, leaving room for expansion. Seems like a lot of space in front of the park and nothing at the back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom