What is the Standard? - Housekeeping Visits Per Day

How often should a housekeeper visit your resort room per day?

• A basic cleaning each day is all that is needed.

Votes: 62 55.4%
  • Housekeeping services should be optional for a discount on the room rate.

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Daily cleaning while I am away and a night turn down service makes me feel special.

Votes: 27 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phonedave

While I LIKE once a day housekeeping, I am totally OK with not having it.

Seeing as we have DVC, we don't have daily anyway. It takes me 5 minutes to make up the bed and tidy.

Sometimes I do find myself running short of towels - but you can always snag one or two from a cart or the pool if you have to.

I have been known to wash the towels myself if I am staying in a 1BR or up.

As EOD K9 said - DVC has plenty of trash bags. I put it either in the hall, or in the trash room if I can find it.

-dave

eeyoremum

I voted for housekeeping to be optional which is already the case. I don't care about a discount . We generally don't like our room cleaned, maybe once during the week.

What I really hate is cruise lines that think I need someone in my cabin what seems like every time I turn around. I know it is only twice but really? Keep out! Also, they really don't like not having access to your room.

Tom

Beta Return
I voted for housekeeping to be optional which is already the case. I don't care about a discount . We generally don't like our room cleaned, maybe once during the week.

What I really hate is cruise lines that think I need someone in my cabin what seems like every time I turn around. I know it is only twice but really? Keep out! Also, they really don't like not having access to your room.

I agree on the cruise thing. Every time we came back, he was there! Argh.

4disneylovers

I'm a country girl. I don't know what turn down service is. I can only assume they pull your sheets down????

Anyway... We love coming back to see the kids' stuffed animals arranged and to see if we got a towel animal. One time at Pop Century, they tied the curtain like a swing in the front window and put the stuffed animals on the swing. It was adorable!

I also like clean trash cans and dry towels every day. I do reuse towels at home, but there never seems to be enough space to hang them in a hotel room so they dry.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I voted for daily cleaning, but I most admit that on the cruise I got spoiled with the twice a day clean and turn down service with chocolates.

Phonedave

On the cruises it was nice to have it twice a day. They would clean in the AM, and then when we were at the shows they would convert the room to "night mode" - draw the curtains, pull down the extra bed, covert the couch to a bed, etc.

-dave

Jahona

Personally if I'm staying in a hotel I expect certain things when it comes to housekeeping. General cleaning and a change of towels is one of them. Recent stays in other hotels I've noticed a change dealing with towels and sheets. Several hotels have been trying to start water conservation and have put out instructions for how to get fresh towels or how to have your bed turned down. This was more apparent in California with the drought.

eeyoremum

On the cruises it was nice to have it twice a day. They would clean in the AM, and then when we were at the shows they would convert the room to "night mode" - draw the curtains, pull down the extra bed, covert the couch to a bed, etc.

-dave

I know lots of people like the service we personally don't. Come in on the first night and make the extra beds up then we prefer to put the do not disturb sign out.

James Browning

Original Poster
Hey everyone thanks for the input. It sounds like most of us like to take care of our own room and only require basics housekeeping service. I did think there would be more passion around discounting the rate for a lower service level but it sounds like we have a high percentage of DVC members in the response. For my family we want the maximum service we can get for the price point. Look for another “Standards Poll” soon.

Dwarful

I just can't keep track of the towels for our family in a hotel room. The towels are all the same....at home we have three different bathrooms, three different colors and lots of space. In the hotel I don't have enough room to hang up the towels and washcloths and remember whose towel went where at the end of the day. Plus I am a two towel mom...one for my hair and one for my body. So I prefer to drop the towels on the tile floor and get new towels daily.

thomas998

All I want are clean towels and clean glasses, but I want it done by 1:00 in the afternoon. I don't like having a knock on the door at 4:00 in the afternoon when I've come back to take a quick power nap, nor do I need anything straightened up or beds made. Making my beds is annoying, I have to pull the sheets out again because they seem dead set on making it like they were trained in the military. I want space to move when I'm in bed not be wrapped up like a fly in a spider's web.

cbettua

I like my room to be cleaned daily, I have 2 kids 3 and 4 and they are messy crumb makers. At home, I would clean it up but at the hotel I have nothing to clean it up with.

I also like clean towels and the beds made up.

Jahona

All I want are clean towels and clean glasses, but I want it done by 1:00 in the afternoon. I don't like having a knock on the door at 4:00 in the afternoon when I've come back to take a quick power nap, nor do I need anything straightened up or beds made.

Mousekeeping was punctual for me when I was last at WDW in July. They knocked on the door at 8:30 a.m. every day. Since I wasn't in a hurry every day to get to the parks I just asked them to come back in a few hours.

thomas998

Mousekeeping was punctual for me when I was last at WDW in July. They knocked on the door at 8:30 a.m. every day. Since I wasn't in a hurry every day to get to the parks I just asked them to come back in a few hours.
You were fortunate.... The last couple of trips we had almost random housekeeping... One day it would be at 10:00am the next it would be 4:30pm... Frankly I would be even more pleased if they just left a bag with the clean towels and glasses hanging on the door and let me do it myself.

Phonedave

Hey everyone thanks for the input. It sounds like most of us like to take care of our own room and only require basics housekeeping service. I did think there would be more passion around discounting the rate for a lower service level but it sounds like we have a high percentage of DVC members in the response. For my family we want the maximum service we can get for the price point. Look for another “Standards Poll” soon.

DVC does essentially have a "discounted rate".

In DVC your dues cover the cost of running the resort - including housekeeping.

DVC only provides limited housekeeping, if you want daily you pay extra for it. That helps keep the dues low, and yet provides a way for people who do want daily housekeeping to pay for the cost.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom