What is the best ride compared with the wait time?

princesses_dad

Original Poster
Only in the Magic Kingdom, please.

My family's favorite ride has got to be Peter Pan, but for me with the wait time involved, I'd rather take them on the Mad Tea Cups. We had a short wait every time (under 5 minutes) versus 40 or more for Peter Pan (OK we used Fast Pass but let's not count the Fast Passes for this question). I think the tea cups are great for all ages. My number 2 pick would be Pirates of the Caribbean. The wait time on that sure has gone down since I was a kid.

Thanks for playing!

ballewclan

For some reason the wait for Splash Mountain always seems really short to me. Maybe its because of the scenery but even though the sign says like 40 minutes i always get the feeling of maybe 5-15 minutes each time.

GenerationX

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority, no question about it. It's a cool ride and even in the middle of summer there is rarely much of a line.

PintoColvig

napnet said:
Splash is always the best wait for the value. for a 10 minute ride, a 30 minute wait isnt bad...

Well put. Splash is easily the best wait time-to-ride experience ratio in all of Disney, IMO.

goofyfan13

I'd put SSE up there too, that ride is about 13-14 minutes, and the waits normally get up to 30-40 minutes on the busy days, so I'd say thats a pretty darn good ratio.

Or Ellens Energy Adventure.

Sledge

Account Suspended
PhilharMagic. If you time it right you might now have to wait at all and can walk right in. We walked right in three times and the longest we had to wait other than that was about 3 minutes. It's the best show bar none at any of the parks in my opinion, so the fact that you can wait no more then 5 minutes if you time it right and go during the right time of the day makes it great.

Splash Mountain on a chilly night is usually the best. The last few hours the park is open you can literally walk on. If you sit in the back you'll get a mist in the face but won't get wet, so not riding just because it's cold out isn't really an excuse. It is actually kind of creepy if you are riding by yourself and no one is in any of the logs around you. I love it.

DigitalDisney

Ultimately, the best value is Tom Sawyer's Island, because that could last as long as you want, and the line for the rafts is hardly ever long...

Realistically, I'd vote for Splash Mtn. The line is interesting and great for the details and for people watching, and the ride is exceptional. Not only is the ride long, but it's fun, refreshing, and extremely detailed. It's arguably Disney's finest attraction...

Edit:
Remember that "best" is just another opinion. It could be any combination of ride time, thrill value, theming, reridability, etc. My Splash Mtn opinion was a combination of all of the above. It's a long ride that provides awesome theming, a good thrill, and an all-around great experience. You will probably wait less for the new Tiki Room, but you won't get as good of an experience as you will at Splash Mtn. You'll get a longer experience on the railroad, but you won't have as much fun as you will on Splash Mtn. That is all...

peter11435

No question about it. Kilimanjaro Safaris. The line somtimes gets up to around 40 minutes but the line seems to move quickly and the ride itself is over 20 minutes long. Not to mention the fact that it is never the same twice.

RonAnnArbor

Hmm to a few of the posts above...the posting asked ONLY for the Magic Kingdom, but none the less...

I would say Pirates, The Haunted Mansion, and the TTA at Magic Kingdom

If we are expanding the rides for the fun of it to include the other parks:

Dinosaur! at AK has fast moving short lines even at peak times. (KS? are you kidding? At peak it has two to three hour waits and runs out of fastpasses early in the morning!)
The Great Movie Ride at Dis-MGM - line moves quickly and you get to watch the movie clips - ride lasts 20 minutes or so
And these days, NOTHING at Epcot...the lines are all long.

peter11435

RonAnnArbor said:
Hmm to a few of the posts above...the posting asked ONLY for the Magic Kingdom, but none the less...

(KS? are you kidding? At peak it has two to three hour waits and runs out of fastpasses early in the morning!)

Thats what you get for not reading the OP I guess.

I have never seen the Safari with over a 1 hour wait. And that includes days like New Years Eve Christmas week and other very busy holidays. And they usually have Fastpass well afternoon. The ride has a very large capacity and with the amount of people that fit in each truck the line moves very fast.

WDW_Sam

GenerationX said:
The Tomorrowland Transit Authority, no question about it. It's a cool ride and even in the middle of summer there is rarely much of a line.

I totally agree there. TTA seems kind of hidden away, most people dont know its an amazing scenic ride.

Sam

kreiderr

I love the Tommorrowland Transit Authority and the wait is so short. I always know that if the kids are complaining the TTA will entertain them. In the same area, the Carrousel of Progress is really cool just to know that Walt was the one who desinged it. Also, being a history-guy I love the Hall of Presidents. It's a short wait, airconditioned, comfortable seat and an entertaining show that always brings a little patriotic tear to my eye. Once again based off of one of Walt's ideas for the 64 Worlds Faire. I also think Tom Sawyer's Island has great entertainment value with a short wait time. I guess Aunt Polly's isn't in existence any more, but nothing was better than taking the kids over to the island, running around for 20 minutes then sitting on the dock with some pie ice cream. On the opposite end I have no idea why people wait 45 minutes to get on the 2 minute Peter Pan ride. I mean it's a classic, but that's 45 minutes of your life you will never get back.

rescuerangers

TTA and Carousel of Progress (I actually just wrote up a little story about this exact topic on new Disney blog, please feel free to check it out at the link below), but for slightly longer waits, Splash Mountain and Philarmagic are much better attractions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom