What is that smell

timoteo

Original Poster
What is and how do they generate that smell in Its tough to be a bug? Anyone. And I know all about the old Horizons orange generator and saw the pictures. But what about the stink bomb?

ISTCrew20

That smell in TTOBAB, JIYI, ECT...... is created by pellets, that when air is blown on the release a smell. Kinda of like a stinky air freshner

Sir Hiss527

If you look closley in the seat in front of you, there is a little whole, where the air comes out. They showed how they did that on the travel channel.

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

timoteo

Original Poster
I thought the smell in Tough to be a Bug smelled a liitle like old coffee grounds. I was wondering what the chemical might be. I am sure it is harmless. But what or who would make the pellets? I would like to see the factory or at least hear about the development of the smell.

DCA Fan

I know here at Soarin' the pellets come from a factory in Torrance CA and are shipped in 80 lbs (I think) crates.

The company also created smells for other groups, not the least of which was the smell of a woolly mammoth.

MicBat

Originally posted by timoteo
What is and how do they generate that smell in Its tough to be a bug? Anyone. And I know all about the old Horizons orange generator and saw the pictures. But what about the stink bomb?
Where did you see these pictures?

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by timoteo
I thought the smell in Tough to be a Bug smelled a liitle like old coffee grounds. I was wondering what the chemical might be. I am sure it is harmless. But what or who would make the pellets? I would like to see the factory or at least hear about the development of the smell.

I Heard that it took almost 8 months to find the perfect combination. They experimented with different perfumes, colones, and foul smells, and once they came up with the right combination, they have a special pellet into which they add a drop of the fragrance in liquid form.

Lovecraft

You can get fragrances yourself as well:

http://www.alphaaromatics.com/specialty.htm

These guys really handle large orders for the perfume and air freshener industries but also serve theme parks and others.

Or, if you are looking for a particular scent for say a haunted house or other attraction (like pine forest or rotting wood or musty corpse) you can find vendors that cater to the haunting industry.

The company I listed above can help you with delivery systems as well as scent combinations to get the perfect smell.

Lovecraft

Kevlightyear,

I am unsure of how Disney does the burning Rome smell, but I would think it is the same way.

BUT I do know how YOU can do the same thing at home :)

There is a product, used as a food additive and available in most grocery stores either near the barbeque sauce or the charcoal briquettes called "Liquid Smoke".

You can use it by placing a few drops in some water and heat it up to create the smell of burning wood or place some on a light bulb ring (the kind for pot pouri oils) or in a pot pouri.

It's also very tastey in homemade beef jerky. :)

Lovecraft

kevlightyear

Originally posted by Lovecraft
Kevlightyear,

I am unsure of how Disney does the burning Rome smell, but I would think it is the same way.

BUT I do know how YOU can do the same thing at home :)

There is a product, used as a food additive and available in most grocery stores either near the barbeque sauce or the charcoal briquettes called "Liquid Smoke".

You can use it by placing a few drops in some water and heat it up to create the smell of burning wood or place some on a light bulb ring (the kind for pot pouri oils) or in a pot pouri.

It's also very tastey in homemade beef jerky. :)

Lovecraft

Thanks, I might have to try that. Of course I'll be listening to the SSE music and doing my Jeremy Irons impression while I do. Thanks!

General Grizz

Smellitzers in EPCOT:

(1) Burning Rome - SPACESHIP EARTH
(2) Eau de Swamp - UNIVERSE OF ENERGY DINORAMA

Extinct Smellitzers

(3) LORANGES - HORIZONS DESERT FARM
(4) MORNING MIST - JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION

They should put loranges in Soarin' over the Land. That would begood.

ISTCrew20

I like the smell of the Fuge hallway on MS. Everything smells new.

The best smell on property is the Dinosaur loading area. TT has a slight hint of it in their loading area.

MicBat

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Smellitzers in EPCOT:

(1) Burning Rome - SPACESHIP EARTH
(2) Eau de Swamp - UNIVERSE OF ENERGY DINORAMA

Extinct Smellitzers

(3) LORANGES - HORIZONS DESERT FARM
(4) MORNING MIST - JOURNEY INTO IMAGINATION

They should put loranges in Soarin' over the Land. That would begood.
Did you come up with these names yourself, grizz??

Fantasmic

I had a bottle of NAIL VARNISH REMOVER that Really really smelt like the original (and best) Journey Into Imagination.

I have shower gel which is orange... just like horizons (it's from the body shop)

and I can't have BBQ ribs or anything without going Mmmm spaceship earth !

Disney2002

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
I like the smell of the Fuge hallway on MS. Everything smells new.

The best smell on property is the Dinosaur loading area. TT has a slight hint of it in their loading area.

I totally agree. It's the smell of anticipation!

As for the stink bug, what amazes me is how immediately the smell disappears!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom