What is in the old Journey Into Imagination scene locations?

musketeer

Original Poster
Looking at a drawing of the imagination building on flickr (lots of awsome drawings by the way), I didn't realize that the new ride is WAY shorter than the original, at least I didn't know it was THAT much shorter.

So my question is, what is in those old rooms? Were the cleared out? Or do the scenes still exist, just covered in dust?

And if you don't already know, I suggest checking this out...very very very cool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63631877@N00/2815385923/in/set-72157607017226920/

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks, Yensid. As said, for a full explanation have a look at my Imagination 1999-2002 video in that link.

In the meantime, here`s the layouts:

Imagination_1983_show_scene_layoutw.jpg

Imagination_1999_show_scene_layoutw.jpg

raven

In short, the old rooms are now part of the queue and post show area. If you look at the ceiling in the post show you can see the large circle that was once the old turntable area.

Chrononymous

This is such a great illustration. Thank you Martin!
It's also a great illustration of what happens when somone's only concern is with the bottom line.
Every time I see this, I want to cry....

Exprcoofto

This is such a great illustration. Thank you Martin!
It's also a great illustration of what happens when somone's only concern is with the bottom line.
Every time I see this, I want to cry....

I do cry. :lol: (that's a painfully sad laugh)

I never even got to ride JII, just JIYI & JIYIwF. :cry: Luckily, there is Martin's videos which help me live this great attraction without ever riding it.

rodserling27

Did Disney REALLY think JIYI was a good idea?? I mean seriously, what were they thinking? Yeah, refurbs are needed now and again to keep things fresh, and while I personally think JII didn't need any updates, when the decision was made to do it did they REALLY sit back and say "Yeah, this is better than what we had before?" And after they realized what a terrible mistake they made, the best they could come up with is the current JIIwF????? REALLY?!?! This is what they ditched Dreamfinder for?? There are plenty of other ways to connect Imagination Institute to this ride without making it suck eggs.

I really will never understand why they killed this fantastic attraction.

< / anger >

Thrill Seeker

The original JII was on of the best dark rides Disney has ever built. Right up in the same class as Spaceship Earth, Horizons and Haunted Mansion. What possessed them to take everything that made the original so great, throw it on the ground and stomp on it repeatedly to form JIYI is beyond me. That attraction was a bad idea from the start. JIIwF is slightly better, yet slightly worse at the same time. It also declined from always having long lines to never having a line, even in peak season (just like SGE). Disney needs to just nurf the whole Imagination pavilion and start from scratch. What's in there now isn't worth anyone's time.

Thrill Seeker

Maybe not bulldoze because the outer structure of the pavilion is iconic and classic, but gut the thing from top to bottom? Absolutely. At the very least the dark ride needs to be redone and expanded, the theater needs a new and more modern film and the post show area needs to be updated. I'd rather the whole pavilion shut down for 6 months or so in order to be completely redone rather than one little piece at a time.

raven

Maybe not bulldoze because the outer structure of the pavilion is iconic and classic, but gut the thing from top to bottom? Absolutely. At the very least the dark ride needs to be redone and expanded, the theater needs a new and more modern film and the post show area needs to be updated. I'd rather the whole pavilion shut down for 6 months or so in order to be completely redone rather than one little piece at a time.

LBVCC are paid by the hour. In other words, try 1 year. If they were paid by the project (after the project was complete) the Fantasyland expansion would be completed by this summer. :lol:

Sad but true.

Thrill Seeker

LBVCC are paid by the hour. In other words, try 1 year. If they were paid by the project (after the project was complete) the Fantasyland expansion would be completed by this summer. :lol:

Sad but true.

Probably more realistic if what we want done is to be done. Still, I'd rather the pavilion be down and have a construction wall around it than remain in it's current state.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, the structure is perfectly fine. It's the ground floor, that needs a whole new set up.

The upstairs, too. It needs to be open.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom