What is going on with the Disneyland Hotel?

Disneyfan_76

Original Poster
My family and I just returned from our trip to Disneyland and stayed on property at the Disneyland Hotel. The parks were wonderful, but our rooms at the hotel were a complete disaster. Rude staff, a 'flood' on another floor, in the middle of the night that required us to all evacuate the hotel in the freezing cold, black mold in our room, broken elevators, no hot water in the rooms, poor wifi, etc etc...
Are the hotels run by companies other than Disney? It sure seemed that way. The quality was well below the standards I would expect.

Disneyfan_76

Original Poster
Did you contact Disney and tell them about your experience?
I complained to the guest relations during our trip and they took $50 dollars off of our bill, even though they told me it would be $150. I'm not sure who else I would contact.

dadddio

My family and I just returned from our trip to Disneyland and stayed on property at the Disneyland Hotel. The parks were wonderful, but our rooms at the hotel were a complete disaster. Rude staff, a 'flood' on another floor, in the middle of the night that required us to all evacuate the hotel in the freezing cold, black mold in our room, broken elevators, no hot water in the rooms, poor wifi, etc etc...
Are the hotels run by companies other than Disney? It sure seemed that way. The quality was well below the standards I would expect.
Add in 90 degree rooms and you'd have just described our DLP trip.

kkocka

Sounds like you had a rare and unfortunate experience. I've stayed there a number of times and haven't experienced any of such problems. Good luck w/your compensation.

Disneyfan_76

Original Poster
Freezing cold? It didn't drop below 55 degrees in Anaheim even at night all last month.
It was on 10/27 and it was 50 degrees at 1am when we got taken outside in our pjs. Feel free to look it up on accuweather or weatherbug. With the wind it felt even colder and I did not appreciate having my two year old out in the cold for 40 minutes. They wouldn't let us go into the other buildings and told us we needed to stay standing out in the parking lot. There was no fire, just some water leaking into the lobby. It took a few hours before we were allowed to go back to the rooms. My daughter couldn't get back to sleep and was up all night. She then slept through the next day at Disneyland.

Disneyfan_76

Original Poster
Sounds like you had a rare and unfortunate experience. I've stayed there a number of times and haven't experienced any of such problems. Good luck w/your compensation.
I don't really care about the money. I was just wondering if there was something going on with the hotels that was different from the parks. Disneyland was wonderful, the hotel, not so much. I am just bummed that we missed out on a few days in the parks because of the issues with the room. My two year old ended up sleeping through a whole day in the park because we were up all night in the parking lot because of the water leak. Then, we missed half a day in the parks because we had no water to shower with, and then only cold water. They could have moved us to another room, or even another hotel, but they declined to do so.

George Lucas on a Bench

It was on 10/27 and it was 50 degrees at 1am when we got taken outside in our pjs. Feel free to look it up on accuweather or weatherbug. With the wind it felt even colder and I did not appreciate having my two year old out in the cold for 40 minutes. They wouldn't let us go into the other buildings and told us we needed to stay standing out in the parking lot. There was no fire, just some water leaking into the lobby. It took a few hours before we were allowed to go back to the rooms. My daughter couldn't get back to sleep and was up all night. She then slept through the next day at Disneyland.

Why exactly couldn't you go into any of the surrounding buildings? There's no way they could have prohibited you from doing that.

Disneyfan_76

Original Poster
Why exactly couldn't you go into any of the surrounding buildings? There's no way they could have prohibited you from doing that.
A we were heading initially towards the adventureland tower when we were stopped by security and told to please stay together and follow them. They then marched us through the building we had just evacuated to the other side of the frontierland tower and told to again stay together until there was an all clear. We didn't know it was just our building and were given the impression that it was the entire hotel. Otherwise we would have just ignored them and gone into one of the other building. In retrospect I wish we would have but we were not told what was going on. When I asked, all I was told is that there was a 394 in progress (don't remember the exact number they told me). I asked what that was and they didn't elaborate but just told us to stay in the parking lot for our own safety. However, when we were taken back through the building, there was a small waterfall coming out of the ceiling just to the left of the pool side entrance to the building. There were staff moving furniture out of the way of it.

kkocka

My two year old ended up sleeping through a whole day in the park because we were up all night in the parking lot because of the water leak. Then, we missed half a day in the parks because we had no water to shower with, and then only cold water. They could have moved us to another room, or even another hotel, but they declined to do so.

Why didn't you ask/demand for another room or another way to make life bearable again?

Disneyfan_76

Original Poster
Why didn't you ask/demand for another room or another way to make life bearable again?
I did ask for another room. I was told that the issue with the water was across multiple rooms and there were no available rooms for us to transfer to. I said that I would be willing to take a room in one of the other hotels but again was denied. I then asked if there was at least a place or room where we could take shower so we could go to the parks. I was told there was nothing available, but that we should perhaps go swimming in the pool until the water issue was fixed sometime by mid afternoon or evening. They said that they would take 150 off of the room, but on the bill it was only 50 dollars off. Again, don't really care about the money. I care about the missed time at the park. We are from Cleveland and probably won't be heading out west very often. We were especially bummed because we didn't get a chance to experience Radiator Springs Racers because it was broken down the couple of times we got to the park. Despite my experience with the hotel, the parks themselves were amazing. I wish WDW was at the same quality as both of the parks. Even during the crazy busy halloween event, I don't think I saw a single piece of trash or candy wrapper anywhere, and there was always a CM within eyesight, friendly and ready to point out directions. I loved the way they handle the characters in the park as well. It was fun to see random characters show up in places and take pictures with my daughter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom