What is going in right behind Spaceship Earth??

LIMA TIME

Original Poster
I'm sure its on here somewhere, but I'm a little out of the loop. I know the Moana walk-through will to the right (if you are looking at the entrance of of Spaceship Earth), but what will be going in behind spaceship earth? I know the fountains are gone, are they putting anything else in there.

Let me know if you can.

All the best

LIMA

Epcot82Guy

Immediately south of Spaceship Earth's base building will be the new Dreamer's Point. That will feature the seated statue of Walt. Further south will be a large planter/planted area in the general shape of the Epcot logo. The belief is there won't be any water features or the like - just landscaping. It will be more heavily planted than either the original or 90s version, but no fountain (or at least not a major one). If you search online (especially for Dreamer's Point at Epcot), you should be able to find maps of what it is alleged to look like.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm sure its on here somewhere, but I'm a little out of the loop. I know the Moana walk-through will to the right (if you are looking at the entrance of of Spaceship Earth), but what will be going in behind spaceship earth? I know the fountains are gone, are they putting anything else in there.

Let me know if you can.

All the best

LIMA
Here you go...
1683681565222-png.715408

LIMA TIME

Original Poster
Immediately south of Spaceship Earth's base building will be the new Dreamer's Point. That will feature the seated statue of Walt. Further south will be a large planter/planted area in the general shape of the Epcot logo. The belief is there won't be any water features or the like - just landscaping. It will be more heavily planted than either the original or 90s version, but no fountain (or at least not a major one). If you search online (especially for Dreamer's Point at Epcot), you should be able to find maps of what it is alleged to look like.
Thank you for sharing.

James Alucobond

This looks wonderful and I hope they come close to this. But I will/ do miss the fountain.

Thank you for sharing.
From the aerial photos, we can see that it is exactly this. The only change is that they seem to be adding what looks like an additional meet-and-greet space to the right of the Coral Reef entrance.

Cmdr_Crimson

From the aerial photos, we can see that it is exactly this. The only change is that they seem to be adding what looks like an additional meet-and-greet space to the right of the Coral Reef entrance.
Was it confirmed it was to be a M&G space and not a retail space? I mean that side is empty retail-wise with the exception of what shopping is within those pavilions.

Or is that just the Bathroom/Locker room that's closer up front?

James Alucobond

Was it confirmed it was to be a M&G space and not a retail space? I mean that side is empty retail-wise with the exception of what shopping is within those pavilions.

Or is that just the Bathroom/Locker room that's closer up front?
The restrooms are inside the attraction itself, off a path near the Te Fiti statue. Admittedly, I do not know exactly what it's going to be, but the space seems a bit tight for retail. The fact that it looks like there will be a narrow path back parallel to the monorail in conjunction with the recent addition of what look like more canopy supports make me think M&G, but it's probably too early to tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom