What have past AP discounts been in the fall (sept/oct/nov)

disneydudette

I'm considering a possible week long adventure this fall...and are looking for some advice....
I'm debating whether or not to capitalize on the 7 for 5 deal thats out now...or wait till possible AP discounts come out and splurge for the passes

So what have past discounts been like...I know the one for this summer is like $30 off for values...$60 for moderates....etc.(mousesavers.com)
Will the discounts over the fall be better?

I know the AP rate is usually based on the parks attendence for prior months, and how last years may be better/worse then this years, but I would just like an idea! :wave:

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I've been thru these numbers backwards and forwards and here's the deal.
Depending on what level resort you're going to stay at, it's really just about a wash. The real advantage of the AP's are the discounts for merchandise, meals, and recreation. And where they really start to pay off is in multiple visits. In looking at the numbers you get anywhere from 40-60% discounts on the AP for resorts. But you can also get those kinds of discounts for value season, which you would be in during Nov/Dec.

Obviously with staying at Mods and Deluxes, the savings are better, but the nightly rates are higher as well. The 7 for 5 is really a wash with an AP. I believe that the 7 for 5 is really designed for the non AP holder.

Just my opinion after putting all this on paper time and time again.

Brian

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

The AP discounts over the fall will be about the same... maybe $5 different either direction.

Something to watch for though is the rate season when you plan on going.

August is Value season for Deluxe resorts, and regular for the Mods and Value

Septemeber is value season for all resorts

October is Regular season for all resorts.

This, more than anything, will effect your resort prices for both a la carte or 7 for 5 packages.

Other thing to consider is AP discounts are NOT gaurenteed. Last September there were no AP discounts. Also when there are discounts, there may be very few so it could be difficult to get the room or resort you want at a discounted rate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a PROUD AP holder but these are some things to consider when making your plans!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Original Poster
Moustronaut said:

August is Value season for Deluxe resorts, and regular for the Mods and Value

This, more than anything, will effect your resort prices for both a la carte or 7 for 5 packages.
QUOTE]

wow...thanks for that heads up...when I "quoted" my trip...i head the dates in August...for a moderate...and just assumed it would be the same for a possible trip in Nov....guess I'll head back to the dsiney site and try some dates out!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

disneydudette said:
...and just assumed it would be the same for a possible trip in Nov....guess I'll head back to the dsiney site and try some dates out!

November is back to value season rates for all resorts. Never figured out why October was Regular season unless they get a big bump in attendance from southern hemisphere spring breakers.

Upvote 0

imamouse

The Disney packages are never a better deal than booking room only plus tickets reservations. Disney is counting on selling you options, like water parks, or DisneyQuest, that you won't use. I've priced the 7 for 5 package against what I anticipate (key word) the Oct AP rates will be, with a 5-day Park Hopper (for my friend), and the savings are about $125 for a value resort (room + PH). If you decide to buy an AP, be sure that you will use it at least 7 days in order to derive the package benefit (it's really 7.4 days).

Another point to consider is how you intend to spend your time. We always like to take a day off from the parks (mid-week) to look around at some resorts or spend some quiet time at DTD. Packages makes this impractical, since you're paying for admission to either a theme park or water park every day of your stay.

One last option to consider is a Disney Visa card. Cardholders are offered discounts (not as good as AP, but still good values) almost constantly. The points you get are a bonus and not a huge deciding factor, but if you're struggling with getting an AP, the Visa card discounts might be a benefit you'd consider looking into. See mousesavers.com for details.

Upvote 0

Becky

Moustronaut said:

Other thing to consider is AP discounts are NOT gaurenteed. Last September there were no AP discounts. Also when there are discounts, there may be very few so it could be difficult to get the room or resort you want at a discounted rate.

QUOTE]

Good points. The only thing Disney offered last September room only was for Florida residents. Everything else was set up for Packages. I did get a decent room only discount last September through AAA.

Also as mentioned above you might not end up at the resort you want. To get that AAA discount last September I had to stay at AS Music instead of Movies and last month with my AP I wanted CB but had to stay at POR which turned out to be great :sohappy:

Be flexable and enjoy. :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom