What Happened today in WDW

Lofatrules

Original Poster
Was anyone in WDW today? If you were how were the crowds? was it empty. Did anyone go to the world showcase in EPCOT and was there anything in the America section about what had happened

Sean23

I was at the MK and Epcot yesterday its was not that crowded. I could not go until after 3pm because of work. I spent 1.5 hours at the MK and about an hour at Epcot. I did not walk around world showcase so not sure if anything was going on at the American Adventure.

Mattore

Disney does not use police to get guests out of the park. I was not there this time around, so I don't know for sure what they did. But most likely it was not be annoucement either, but a process of closing all attractions, etc, and simply telling guests about the situation in person, every time they met up with a cast member. I've seen this done before with early closings, etc. Like I said though, I wasn't there, so if anyone was, please post more information.

mightyduck

My parents were in Epcot today and said they sat through the American Adventure presentation and there is no acknowledgement anywhere of what has happened.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I saw footage on ABC news of the Magic Kingdom closing and there was an announcement. It said something along the lines of, "Due to unforseen circumstances the Magic Kingdom is now closed."

Maria

The first thing they did when they closed for Hurricane Floyd, was to cancel the buses that run from the hotels to the parks and only have them from the parks to the hotels. I don´t recall how they told the guests in the park to get out of there because I was in trainning inside the park then, and our manager just sent us home, so we just walked out of the park trying to catch the first CM bus we could.

Kevin

On another site, someone there said they just started closing attractions and slowly pushing people toward the exits and closing additional areas until they had everyone out. There was no announcement.

Archie the Cat

We were at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday evening and it was simply quiet. No lines, no waits, not too many people. Fast Pass was available for virtually all attractions, all evening long. With the number of people who have had to now postpone vacations due to being stranded for many days, unease, etc., it was totally understandable. As many might have said before, all bags are checked at the entrance and rather large numbers of cast members were walking around the park. It was especially noticable on Main Street, totally a much greater volume of employees than we have ever seen.

Figaro

We checked into AKL on Sept 11, and were told the parks were all closed. From what I heard they made an announcement in the parks that they were closing. Also, they had it posted on the tv channel they have with the daily park hours. They also left messages updating guests on the voice mail systems about what they were doing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom