What happened to Brer Roadrunner?

yaksplat

Original Poster
I could have sworn that Brer Roadrunner was somewhere in Splash Mountain. I was at MK last week and he was nowhere to be found. It was nice to see everything working on the ride but I was surprised that he was missing. I could have sworn he was in the area near the possums.

Bairstow

Wait wait....Br'er Roadrunner?

That makes absolutely no sense. The animals are all from temperate deciduous forests and wetlands across the south from Carolina to Missouri.

Roadrunners are native to the arid desert regions of New Mexico and Arizona.

Yeah, that always sat odd with me.
You might find roadrunners in certain parts of Arkansas, but never as far east as central Georgia, where Song of the South takes place.

Beholder

I could have sworn that Brer Roadrunner was somewhere in Splash Mountain. I was at MK last week and he was nowhere to be found. It was nice to see everything working on the ride but I was surprised that he was missing. I could have sworn he was in the area near the possums.

Where does the roadrunner figure in on the Swanson Pyramid of Greatness?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
image.jpg

Marc Gil

As promised here's a short POV of Splash Mountain's How Do You Do scene taken on August 30th, 2014:

The roadrunner appears at 1:29

yaksplat

Original Poster
Wow, he was not there up until the 25th when I was there. I went on the ride 5 times over the week and each time I was trying to hunt him down. Earlier in the week, none of the AA's were even moving in the first 75% of the ride, yet the laughing place was back in full effect.

Marc Gil

Wow, he was not there up until the 25th when I was there. I went on the ride 5 times over the week and each time I was trying to hunt him down. Earlier in the week, none of the AA's were even moving in the first 75% of the ride, yet the laughing place was back in full effect.
Animatronics go out for repairs, though not as frequently as before.

I also rode Splash 5 times that day, and the first four times I rode it, the Laughing Place water fountains were turned off. The last time I rode, all the fountains were turned on.

Effects can vary. It sometimes deals with timing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That sounds like a pressure feed supply issue.

The jets that jump over the ride path have been problematic recently. Were they working?

Marc Gil

That sounds like a pressure feed supply issue.

The jets that jump over the ride path have been problematic recently. Were they working?
I know you didn't quote me, but yes, the leaping fountains were operational as of last Saturday. It just took 4 ride throughs to finally see them work.

ABQ

He is considered to be one of the southeast's most majestic running fowl.
The southeast of what? Sorry, living in New Mexico, we don't like to see out state bird's locale misrepresented.

Attachments

• roadrunner.jpg
    roadrunner.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 75

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom