What effect will Pop Warner have on my trip?

DaisyDoesDisney

Our December WDW visit begins on December 3rd and I've just noticed in other posts that the Pop Warner activity starts on December 4th this year. I have no experience with it myself but I've read a lot of negative grumblings. How disruptive will this be to our vacation? I'd love some feedback from those who have actually taken a trip to WDW at the same time as this event. This is something I overlooked while picking dates. I had hoped to be going during a quieter time (realizing of course that Disney is never actually quiet).

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Never had any disruption to our trips during Pop Warner. We have been that same week many times and never noticed anything different. We do stay at Deluxe/Deluxe Villa resorts though so we never were staying where they were at value and mod resorts. That is the only disruptions I have ever heard about was at the resorts they are staying at as they can get a little loud sometimes but that's it. Never noticed anything ourselves though ever. :)

Upvote 0

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
Thanks for responding @sxeensweet. We'll be on club level at Yacht Club, so from what you've said I'll assume the extra commotion won't be right outside our door.

I'm looking forward to going in December. It was hotter than expected for our April trip and we'll be there again in just 9 days, which I know will be hot, humid, and possibly wet. I'm excited about going in December for the chance to actually be comfortable!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thanks for responding @sxeensweet. We'll be on club level at Yacht Club, so from what you've said I'll assume the extra commotion won't be right outside our door.

I'm looking forward to going in December. It was hotter than expected for our April trip and we'll be there again in just 9 days, which I know will be hot, humid, and possibly wet. I'm excited about going in December for the chance to actually be comfortable!

Yacht Club you definately should avoid any of the PW Issues. And yes the weather is usually cooler and more comfortable. But we have had 90 degree temps in December before with humidity but will definately be better than September and April. It should be at least. Lol. We have had temps from 40 with lots of cold wind - 90 with higher humidity. Haha! You just never know in December but I do think you will like it best out of all the times you went so far. :)

Upvote 0

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
Yacht Club you definately should avoid any of the PW Issues. And yes the weather is usually cooler and more comfortable. But we have had 90 degree temps in December before with humidity but will definately be better than September and April. It should be at least. Lol. We have had temps from 40 with lots of cold wind - 90 with higher humidity. Haha! You just never know in December but I do think you will like it best out of all the times you went so far. :)
We used to go in the Winter, way back in the 90s when our kids were small, so I remember that the weather could be pretty much anything. Once our kids got older and had school and activity responsibilities we generally had to stick to summer vacations and those were always dependably HOT. Now our kids are grown so we can go whenever WE want. It's pretty fabulous actually :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We have been on two trips when the Pop Warner events were being held. We didnt notice much changes to the parks during the days but there were more park goers in the evenings. Our resort was the POFQ both times and there was a lot of noise from the kids and their chaperones who werent very responsible overseeing the kids or respectful of other resort neighbors either. Hopefully your resort will have less of them running amuck. All that being said.... your time at WDW should be great. We loved going that time of year between the 2 holidays. You should have great weather, lesser lines and great atmosphere to view.

Upvote 0

DaisyDoesDisney

Original Poster
We have been on two trips when the Pop Warner events were being held. We didnt notice much changes to the parks during the days but there were more park goers in the evenings. Our resort was the POFQ both times and there was a lot of noise from the kids and their chaperones who werent very responsible overseeing the kids or respectful of other resort neighbors either. Hopefully your resort will have less of them running amuck. All that being said.... your time at WDW should be great. We loved going that time of year between the 2 holidays. You should have great weather, lesser lines and great atmosphere to view.
The "running amuck" is precisely what worries me. I don't find unsupervised groups of children very charming when they get that pack mentality going and completely forget how to behave away from home. Thank you for your informative response. We will be having our dinners at the nicer table service restaurants and plan to seek out some new lounges as well, so hopefully we won't be affected.

Upvote 0

HolleBolleGijs

The "running amuck" is precisely what worries me. I don't find unsupervised groups of children very charming when they get that pack mentality going and completely forget how to behave away from home. Thank you for your informative response. We will be having our dinners at the nicer table service restaurants and plan to seek out some new lounges as well, so hopefully we won't be affected.

They will not be staying at YC, let alone club level. Maybe a few stragglers who can afford it and feel fancier than everyone else, but the resorts with group rates for them are always values/moderates. Don't worry about that.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Shouldn't effect you at all staying at the YC. We have been there many time during Pop Warner week, and unless you are staying at one of the resorts the teams are staying at, you will rarely see them. Games and practices are held during the day, so the only time you really see them is in the evening at the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom