What do you think of these ADR's so far?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I am trying to figure out my ADRS for Sept 13 - 19th.
I have not been to any of these and am on the dining plan so do not want to choose any that take up two credits.

Sunday Sept 13 - Grand Floridian Cafe (my mom really wants to see this resort and this looked the best of the choices that are 1 credit)

Monday Sept 14 - Coral Reef

Tuesday Sept 15 - Boma - have heard rave reviews about this one.

Wednesday Sept 16 - Mama Melrose??? Wanted to plan this day in DHS and maybe not have to leave to go to another resort for dinner. So what would you pick from DHS besides Hollywood Brown Derby. I have already went to 50's cafe and Sci-Fi so am only interested in something new.

Thursday Sept 17 - Kona Cafe (or should I try Ohana?)

Friday Sept 18 - Chefs de France

Saturday Sept 19 - Leave -possibly have time for breakfast but have no credits left.

Also - does anyone know when park hours will be up for AK and DHS for these dates? MK and Epcot are up but not the other too and I am having a hard time booking Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday because I want to know which parks are open late these days so I can plan dinner accordingly.

Other ones I was trying to decide between were The Wave, Spoodles, Le Cellier, and Captains Grille.
Please give any feedback on these choices, or if there are better ones that are one table service credit.

balletgirl2

Here are some of my sugestions....

I have not been to any of these and am on the dining plan so do not want to choose any that take up two credits.

Sunday Sept 13 - Grand Floridian Cafe (my mom really wants to see this resort and this looked the best of the choices that are 1 credit) If you like buffets you may want to check out 1900 park fare...it has great character interaction and the buffet is one of the best in WDW IMO. Otherwise IMO the GF cafe has gone down hill lately food wise for dinner, but they still have a great breakfast.

Monday Sept 14 - Coral Reef. I love this place. It gets alot of bad reviews, but last year it was my favorite dinner and thought it beat out a couple of the 2 credits dinners I went to. The atmosphere is tough to beat IMO beacause I just LOVE aquariums.

Tuesday Sept 15 - Boma - have heard rave reviews about this one. I have never tried it

Wednesday Sept 16 - Mama Melrose??? Wanted to plan this day in DHS and maybe not have to leave to go to another resort for dinner. So what would you pick from DHS besides Hollywood Brown Derby. I have already went to 50's cafe and Sci-Fi so am only interested in something new. Mama Melrose is OK. I think they are WAY overpriced for what they serve, just a mark above Olive Garden type food. I like Brown Derby alot but it baffles me why it is a 2 credit dinner. It is just your typical steak house.

Thursday Sept 17 - Kona Cafe (or should I try Ohana?) KONA! :sohappy: Soooo good! One of my favorites! I vote for Kona over Ohana any day.

Friday Sept 18 - Chefs de France It hjas been a few years since I have been there. It didn't thrill me so I haven't been back to it.

Saturday Sept 19 - Leave -possibly have time for breakfast but have no credits left. IMO no Disney trip is complete without a breakfast at Crystal Palace. It is the only place I dream about going back to year after year.

Also - does anyone know when park hours will be up for AK and DHS for these dates? MK and Epcot are up but not the other too and I am having a hard time booking Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday because I want to know which parks are open late these days so I can plan dinner accordingly. My august hours came out about 1 week after my 90 days had past, and I waited to make my ADRs and still got everything that I wanted.

Other ones I was trying to decide between were The Wave, Spoodles, Le Cellier, and Captains Grille.
Please give any feedback on these choices, or if there are better ones that are one table service credit.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Here are some of my sugestions....

Would you suggest 1900 Park Fare Dinner or Breakfast? Isn't one Mary Poppins and the other is Cinderella?

I wonder if I should just skip dinner at DHS and pick a resort to go to that night.

Is Crystal Palace on the dining plan at all? I would have to maybe splurge to go to this one on our last morning. I have never been there and have always wanted to.
Thank you so much for your response!!

balletgirl2

I have been to 1900 park fare for both breakfast and dinner and have liked both very much. I have never had a bad experience at either one. Breakfast last year had Winnie the Pooh and Piglet etc, Alice, the Madhatter who was hillarious and Mary Poppins. The dinner had the cast of Cinderella which was great too.

Crystal Palace is on the meal plan. It is at MK right off of Main street. I love it beacuse the atmosphere is so whimsical. Some years I go there 3 or 4 times for breakfast while I am there for my week. I always pay out of pocket for this one too because I tend to use the meal plan credits on my dinners since they are more expensive.

I personally think all of the restaurants are lame at DHS. My family used to go to Prime time every year, but last time we had a VERY negative experience there and won't ever be back.

I_heart_Tigger

I would definately do Kona instead of Ohana...Kona is one of my all time faves. I think Mama Melrosa's is better than the Brown Derby but it's because of the menu for me.

You'll have some great times and meals.

btw...balletgirl2...what happened at 50's? I haven't heard any bad things from there and I'm taking my sister and niece there in August

toystorymaniacs

Sunday Sept 13 - Grand Floridian Cafe (my mom really wants to see this resort and this looked the best of the choices that are 1 credit) Nice quiet meal.

Monday Sept 14 - Coral Reef I would pick one of the world showcase places instead/

Tuesday Sept 15 - Boma - have heard rave reviews about this one. I've only had breakfast here but it was out of this world!

Wednesday Sept 16 - Mama Melrose??? Wanted to plan this day in DHS and maybe not have to leave to go to another resort for dinner. So what would you pick from DHS besides Hollywood Brown Derby. I have already went to 50's cafe and Sci-Fi so am only interested in something new. I like Mama Melrose

Thursday Sept 17 - Kona Cafe (or should I try Ohana?)
This is our favorite place in all of Disney I have never had a bad meal here.
Friday Sept 18 - Chefs de France Never eaten here but I've heard good things

Saturday Sept 19 - Leave -possibly have time for breakfast but have no credits left.

Also - does anyone know when park hours will be up for AK and DHS for these dates? MK and Epcot are up but not the other too and I am having a hard time booking Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday because I want to know which parks are open late these days so I can plan dinner accordingly.

If you can get in Le Celliar it is fantastic! To answer your other question we love Crystal Palace breakfast!

mickeyfan1973

The Wave is a new restaurant at the Contemporary Resort that is now located on the first floor (where the arcade and quick service area used to be). It is a beautiful restaurant with a very cool lounge. I have eaten there 3 times now and I have brought all my friends when they come to visit me. Everyone has enjoyed it and it is a great value for a 1 table service meal. I think the food rivals what you get upstairs at the California Grill. They have an interesting menu and great desert options. They also have a full bar and a great wine selection.

If you want to try something new and different, I would suggest the Wave. Spoodles was great in its heyday and I have always loved it but it is on it's way out (it is going to be replaced by a new restaurant by Cat Cora).

If you time it right you can go have dinner and then go up to the California Grill and out to the patio to view the MK fireworks after dinner.

toystorymaniacs

What do you think between Spoodles and the Wave?
I've never eaten at either but I would say it would depend on where you are going to be if you are going to be at MK go to the Wave if you are going to be at Epcot try Spoodles. You might want to do some research on Spoodles though I know it's going through some changes right now. I think the menu at The Wave looks really good.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback! SO many restaurants and not enough days.

I've decided I am going to skip Mama Melrose and make a reservation at a resort. This trip is really going to be more about venturing out and seeing some things we haven't seen before like different resorts. The Wave sounds cool, and I am seriously contemplating it. I am also thinking of Cape May Cafe because I would love to see the Boardwalk and I heard you can walk over there from the Beach Club.
It's between those two right now for our Thursday choice.

I_heart_Tigger

Thanks for the feedback! SO many restaurants and not enough days.

I've decided I am going to skip Mama Melrose and make a reservation at a resort. This trip is really going to be more about venturing out and seeing some things we haven't seen before like different resorts. The Wave sounds cool, and I am seriously contemplating it. I am also thinking of Cape May Cafe because I would love to see the Boardwalk and I heard you can walk over there from the Beach Club.
It's between those two right now for our Thursday choice.

The boardwalk is beautiful, I especially love it in the evenings but anytime of day is a must see if you've never been before. It's not a long walk from The Beach Club to Boardwalk. You can also get a nice view if you take the boat from the front of The Yacht Club over to the Studios. Anywhere there is a great stopping point if you're going to the Studios or Epcot (or both) that day

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
The boardwalk is beautiful, I especially love it in the evenings but anytime of day is a must see if you've never been before. It's not a long walk from The Beach Club to Boardwalk. You can also get a nice view if you take the boat from the front of The Yacht Club over to the Studios. Anywhere there is a great stopping point if you're going to the Studios or Epcot (or both) that day

I am hoping Fantasmic will be at 8 that week and not 7. I want to be able to make it there one night so I tried to book Boma, Cape May, and Kona at 5 hoping I can make it over to the studios by then.
Hope it works out.
Thanks for the tip about the boat, I really want to see the Boardwalk!

techiegsy

The Wave is a new restaurant at the Contemporary Resort that is now located on the first floor (where the arcade and quick service area used to be). It is a beautiful restaurant with a very cool lounge. I have eaten there 3 times now and I have brought all my friends when they come to visit me. Everyone has enjoyed it and it is a great value for a 1 table service meal. I think the food rivals what you get upstairs at the California Grill. They have an interesting menu and great desert options. They also have a full bar and a great wine selection.

If you want to try something new and different, I would suggest the Wave. Spoodles was great in its heyday and I have always loved it but it is on it's way out (it is going to be replaced by a new restaurant by Cat Cora).

If you time it right you can go have dinner and then go up to the California Grill and out to the patio to view the MK fireworks after dinner.

Sadly not anymore, I believe that you have to have a reservation due to the fact they now have a desk on the 2nd(?) Floor, which is the only way you can get an elevator up.

Sunday Sept 13 - Grand Floridian Cafe (my mom really wants to see this resort and this looked the best of the choices that are 1 credit)

I have booked the same as we wanted to see the resort, it's not got rave reveiws, but it's not bad. We didn't want lots of kids like at 1900 Fare.

Monday Sept 14 - Coral Reef

Nice Atmosphere, but whist we're in EPCOT we wanted to experience flavours from around the world, Why not try booking the Rose and Crown for a view of Illuminations...

Tuesday Sept 15 - Boma - have heard rave reviews about this one.

No dispute on this one, It's great.

Wednesday Sept 16 - Mama Melrose??? Wanted to plan this day in DHS and maybe not have to leave to go to another resort for dinner. So what would you pick from DHS besides Hollywood Brown Derby. I have already went to 50's cafe and Sci-Fi so am only interested in something new.

The only other one to suggest is Hollywood and vine, but haven't been to either...

Friday Sept 18 - Chefs de France
See earlier comment

Hope this helps!!

I'd back up the suggestion of skipping Mama Melrose. I haven't eaten at a full-service restaurant at DHS since before I could drive . . . in fact, it may have still been the 80s . . .

I just mentioned in another thread that we took the boat to the BC for the clambake at Cape May. It's such a beautiful resort, we just stayed there, and the boat ride is relaxing after walking around the parks.

Another option for you would be to save that full service credit for the last day and do a character breakfast. Again, Cape May and Crystal Palace are good choices. I didn't love Chef Mickey's, but would suggest it over any meal at DHS.

groundhog2

Sunday Sept 13 - Grand Floridian Cafe--was just ok for dinner. However, I was running the marathon the next day so wasn't focused on the food.

Monday Sept 14 - Coral Reef--love it, love it, love it. The catfish and mahi mahi were both great. My wife and parents loved it. :sohappy:

Tuesday Sept 15 - Boma --very good.

Wednesday Sept 16 - Mama Melrose???--never eaten here.

Thursday Sept 17 - Kona Cafe (or should I try Ohana?)--good but I liked lunch better. I have not been to Ohana for dinner.

Friday Sept 18 - Chefs de France--is a bit inconsistent but definitely worth a try.

The Wave was excellent. Le Celler was also very good. I like The Captain's Grille, but I would definitely choose The Wave or Le Celler. Have never eaten at Spoodles.

On 1900 Park Fair, the dinner was great and I like the food better than GF Cafe. That said, the hotel is amazing, so it almost makes up for a bad meal.

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thanks again for the all the suggestions.
I switched my Mama Melrose to Cape May Cafe because I want to see the Boardwalk and kept the rest.
However very bad news, I scheduled the 3 from the 14th to the 17th early in the day so we could try to get over to Fantasmic. Now I see the schedule and there is no Fantasmic any of those nights.
:( :(

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
So it if official!!!
I made my ADRs today and got in at all places.
My list is as follows!

9/13-Grand Floridian Café-6:55 pm

9/14-Coral Reef in Epcot- 6:50 pm

9/15-Boma’s at Animal Kingdom Lodge-4:35 pm

9/16-Cape May at Beach Club-5:30 pm

9/17-Kona Café at Polynesian-5:20 pm

9/18-Chef de France in Epcot-6:00 pm

9/19-Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom-8:20 am

Mr Toad

So it if official!!!
I made my ADRs today and got in at all places.
My list is as follows!

9/13-Grand Floridian Café-6:55 pm

9/14-Coral Reef in Epcot- 6:50 pm

9/15-Boma’s at Animal Kingdom Lodge-4:35 pm

9/16-Cape May at Beach Club-5:30 pm

9/17-Kona Café at Polynesian-5:20 pm

9/18-Chef de France in Epcot-6:00 pm

9/19-Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom-8:20 am
I really like your choices. i just can't eat that early in the afternoon/evening lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom