What do YOU do with your Disney Pins/colletions?

Mori Anne

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I thought that this would be an interested topic. My family and I finally got into the pin trading thing during our last trip to WDW. We have over 50 pins. When we got home, I couldn't figure out what to do with all those pins. I finally decided to buy one of those designer floor lamps with the very very tall white lamp shade and put my pins on the shade.

I was wondering what creative things other poeple end up doing with their Disney Pins/ collections.:D

linkinparknumb0

Pin Collection

What my family does is that we bought a case from Micheals. It's like a glass case with about an inch thickness and we placed color poster board near the back with our pins attached to them. Our case now is full with around 100 pins so we arent sure what we will do to continue. We use to have them in one of the binders u can buy in Disney so may resort to that, however I Love your idea with the lamp shade, very creative.

Miss Bell

We put then in bulletin boards. We collect attraction pins that we display on park maps, placing the pin in the spot of the attraction. Then, my daughter collects Tinker Bell pins, for which have bought bulletin boards that look like big flowers to put her pins on.

diddy_mouse

We have then in shadow boxes. My goal is to get the pins organized so I'll have one shadowbox per park. We do take a couple of pins out when we go on a trip and pin them to our "park bag." When we buy new ones on the trip, we add them to the bag and when we get home, they find their way into a shadowbox :D

GoofyFan1

I wear many of mine. The students at school look to see if I have one on everyday. (These are HS students, too.) Some have even brought me back a pin when they went to WDW.

Otherwise we keep them in our pin bags.

dizneykev

My wife and I were just talking about this last night. We have roughly 4,000 pins. Most of these are in pin bags (and thus rarely get enjoyed). We have a few shadowboxes up and we are contemplating putting some of our jumbo pins on the wall. Our idea is to get a really large frame, take out the glass and mount cork inside. Hang this on the wall and add our pins to it. It will look "framed", but be easily changed when we want to look at some new pins every now and then. Hopefully we can start enjoying our hobby more visually some time soon.

Dizneykev

New2WDW

My wife and I were just talking about this last night. We have roughly 4,000 pins. Most of these are in pin bags (and thus rarely get enjoyed). We have a few shadowboxes up and we are contemplating putting some of our jumbo pins on the wall. Our idea is to get a really large frame, take out the glass and mount cork inside. Hang this on the wall and add our pins to it. It will look "framed", but be easily changed when we want to look at some new pins every now and then. Hopefully we can start enjoying our hobby more visually some time soon.

Dizneykev

We are trying the same kinda thing with smaller frames and cover the cork with felt or similar material.
Otherwise the pins are just hanging on all our lanyards.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Be glad you guys are into pins. They don't take up much room. My wife and got into Disney snowglobes about 6 years ago and have just shy of 100 of them. Currently we have them displayed on both side of a 30' long partition wall in our house as well as a plant ledge in out bed room.

We have since stopped collecting them and have moved on to Disney Big figures. That should really solve our space problem.:rolleyes: :brick:

Snowglobe Display

ZapperZ

We have most of our pins in pin albums. A few are on display in shadow boxes, frames, and cork boards. The jumbo pins are mostly in a plastic tub, but I have a display area on one of the shelves. Every month or so, I would rotate 2 jumbo pins and put them on display. That way, I get to see each one of them often.

Zz.

Waldo.Pepper

Disney Specific Shadow boxes

I collect pins everywhere I travel, hence I have hundreds of them. I recently put them all in manufactured shadow box in which I hade replace the back board with 1/2 inch cork board mounted on 1/4 plywood. However, not being satisfied with that solution, I am putting my woodwork to work (I have designed other disney specific items as gifts), I working up the design features for atleast one Disney specific shadow box. Why be ordinary?

DisneySaint

I use a shadow box as well but I have the problem of when I put the back of the frame in, it pushes the pins forward and sometimes out. Additionally, the sharp part of the pin sticks out the back of the frame.

Waldo.Pepper

I use a shadow box as well but I have the problem of when I put the back of the frame in, it pushes the pins forward and sometimes out. Additionally, the sharp part of the pin sticks out the back of the frame.
The best thing to do is get some 1/2 or 3/4 inch cork sheeting from a good lumber yard or building supplier and use it to replace the normal backing the comes with the shadow boxes.

Like I mentioned before I am going to build some boxes just for pins, I will post a link to directions or maybe find somewhere to sell them. I just won't be able to make them Disney specific if I sell them for obvious trademark and copyright reasons. But think there is still a need from generic mounts for pin collectors.

maelstrom

At the moment, my pins are on three corkboards and my mom's are in her pinbag. Sometimes mine are in a pinbag too, like when I bring them to WDW. We have a few hundred between us.

DisJosh

mikesoccer40

Pins

OK, just follow me if you can an here is what we do.

We have a three section 12 X 36 inch frame broken down into 12 x 12 sections per trip. We cove the back of each section with an appropriate Disney Calendar page or scrapbooking page and the arrange our pins, tickets, mementos, etc to best show off that trip.

We do this and keep it separate so that we can focus on what we did on each individual trip and remember special events.

It is then mounted on the wall in our "Disney Room" (the back family room) and we then start to plan our next trip.

DisneySaint

I ended up giving up on the shadow box and switched to a decorative corkboard and it looks/functions great! $5/each at Wal-Mart by the frames section.

FanofDinsey1981

What my family does is that we bought a case from Micheals. It's like a glass case with about an inch thickness and we placed color poster board near the back with our pins attached to them. Our case now is full with around 100 pins so we arent sure what we will do to continue. We use to have them in one of the binders u can buy in Disney so may resort to that, however I Love your idea with the lamp shade, very creative.

I do something quite similar. I bought a long shadow box and used the cardboard backing to put my pins through. I then cut down the backing to fit inside the frame (so the back of the pins don't scrape the wall). I have two shawdow boxes full, and I think I may have to get another one after this next trip. I don't trade my pins, I only buy the ones I like and want to collect, so it is perfect to display in my disney home office!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom