What difference are there?

CB2@disney

Original Poster
We've done a 3 night cruise and a 5 night cruise and now we are going to do a 7 night cruise to Alaska next summer. Other than the amt of days what differences can I expect with a 7 night cruise? Are there secrets or tips I need to know for the longer trip? Do they do a character meal on the longer cruises?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Disneyfalcon

Loved our Alaska cruise! :)

The 7 night cruises have a formal and semi-formal night. There is a character breakfast on the classic ships on 7 night cruises.
On Tracy Arm day go stake out some chairs early and make camp. We spend all day up there on a row of 12 chairs or so. It was one of our favorite days!

fltink

You'll LOVE the longer cruises! There's typically more offered, like the character breakfast, more Palo brunch days, different shows, more classes, (like the Art of Entertaining), Princess Tea, and all sorts of character meet and greets. Not to mention, more days to enjoy the ship!!!! HAVE A BLAST!!

5thGenTexan

7 night Alaskan cruise??? You are going to be bored out of your mind. First, after 5 nights there is nothing left to do AND secondly there is absolutely nothing to see in Alaska. ;):D

MotherofaPrincessLover

You'll LOVE the longer cruises! There's typically more offered, like the character breakfast, more Palo brunch days, different shows, more classes, (like the Art of Entertaining), Princess Tea, and all sorts of character meet and greets. Not to mention, more days to enjoy the ship!!!! HAVE A BLAST!!
What is this Princess Tea? Is it offered on all cruises/ships 7 nights and longer?

fltink

Well there is the Royal Court Tea, http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s.../fantasy/entertainment/royal-court-royal-tea/, which on the Fantasy's 7 Night voyages only. It looks wonderful, but there is a fee involved. But there is also a complimentary tea, which is offered on the 7 night itineraries and longer. It used to be with Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter, but when I did it in September, it was with the princesses instead. Everyone got an assigned date and time to attend and it took place in Triton's (on the Wonder).

CB2@disney

Original Poster
Do you have to sign up for the character breakfast or the tea? If so, where? I'm looking forward to some of the classes...I did a wine tasting and a wine/chocolate tasting on our Cozumel cruise. I'm going with my Mom and her best friend this time and they both like to cook so I'm hoping to get into one of the food classes. Anyone know if there is an additional charge for those?

fltink

You don't have to sign up. You are assigned a day and time. Your main dining room server will give you the details.

As for tastings, there is a small fee for anything involving alcohol. Tastings you would need to sign up for, at the guest services desk. The little demonstrations, like the Art of Entertaining, are free of charge and do not need to be signed up for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom