What Companies Today Constitute as Mini-Disneys

antem

Original Poster
Whilst reading the Bloomberg Businessweek article on Disney acquiring LucasFilm, I pondered over the thought that, "Iger's strategy is to acquire companies that could be described as mini-Disneys such as Pixar and Marvel". That got me wondering what other companies out there could be described as Mini-Disneys. I think with the way our lives have became more digitalised, Nintendo and to a lesser extent Rovio (makers of Angry Birds) have built up gaming franchises with merchandise, TV shows and movies to complement their IP. In the animation field, Dreamworks could be classed as a mini-Disney. However, being a fan of Pixar, I cannot help but feel that their current slate is throwing ideas at a wall and seeing what sticks. Hasbro and Mattel also fit into the mini-Disney position with strong toy IP's such as Transformers and Barbie respectively. That's just some companies I can think of from the top of my head, but is there many more?

Cosmic Commando

LEGO. Toys, retail, consumer products, worldwide recognition, video games, theme parks, TV and movies... just accomplished in a different order than Disney did it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom