What caused Figment's wait times to go up?

mimitchi33

Original Poster
At first, it always seemed that Figment could be a ride that you could walk right on. But now, the lines have begun to grown for this attraction and it has always puzzled me as to why. Many websites claim that Fastpass+ doesn't affect wait times, and I believe them. So what's going on over there?

Goofyernmost

Ignorance? Or perhaps a rediscovery by people that never saw the original and therefore have no preconceived notions of what it should be like? Or it's hot out and they want to go inside? Or people that didn't know any better (see first word) reserved a FP for it thus holding up the standby line?

Goofyernmost

FP+ is my opinion. We went the exact same week for many years and the one year FP+ came into existence, it went from 5-10 minute to 20-30+. I think the same is true for SSE
I have never bothered to check on Imagination, but, SSE does have longer lines "sometimes". Mostly in the main times when guests arrive. You get the rope drop crowd and a couple hours later you get the sleep in (I'm on vacation) crowd but other then that, it's mostly a walk on, at least when I have been there. I can't speak for summer because I have never gone in the summer. That might be completely different.

disney4life2008

IMNSHO: Before the ride-rationing system that is FP+ was instituted, JIIWF was not even on many people's touring plans. But now that it's a Tier 2 attraction, and people are pretty much forced to pick it, they're going to ride it.

More like suckered. Like the Muppets.

correcaminos

I have never bothered to check on Imagination, but, SSE does have longer lines "sometimes". Mostly in the main times when guests arrive. You get the rope drop crowd and a couple hours later you get the sleep in (I'm on vacation) crowd but other then that, it's mostly a walk on, at least when I have been there. I can't speak for summer because I have never gone in the summer. That might be completely different.
I have a 9yo who love Figment so by default we went on that ride often year after year. SSE was rarely above 5 mins in the past, but our experiences showed 30 mins often in May-early June later in the day even.

MuteSuperstar

Small World regularly 30-45 mins now, Pirates and HM often the same, Spaceship Earth wait times generally considerably longer than they used to be....obviously overall crowds keep increasing but I remember these basically being walk-ons pretty frequently before FP+....it's not the only factor but certainly seems like a big one to me.

5thGenTexan

Funny how people see "normal" wait times depending on when they visit. I have not been to Epcot since 1992, and before that in 1985 and 1987. Journey into Imagination was a long wait in switchbacks outside before even entering the building. I recall a pretty decent wait time for SSE back then as well.

JIMINYCR

Its simply a matter of crowds increasing the volume to the park, more guests using FP, causing extended wait times for attractions and long waits for dining. People have to seek out other things to do. Figment is available and by being there, they by default take the ride instead of doing nothing. You can shop, snack, walk the paths, stand in the sun, or go on Figment while you wait for other things to open up.

Dragonman

Probably cause they stole him for the GOTG ride in DCA lol
DAt_wgcXoAAfa-k.jpg

correcaminos

Funny how people see "normal" wait times depending on when they visit. I have not been to Epcot since 1992, and before that in 1985 and 1987. Journey into Imagination was a long wait in switchbacks outside before even entering the building. I recall a pretty decent wait time for SSE back then as well.
I've been going every few years since 1982 and mostly yearly (or more than once a year) since 1999. I remember my trip in 1995 when we walked on to Journey 3 times with zero wait. SSE was only a few minutes. That was in June as well. So I don't ever recall either of those rides being super busy. Then again back then there were a lot more attractions around to see in Epcot anyway. They've dialed back for sure and didn't bother to replace many of them.

I will say comparing brand new rides. We were there the summer after Test Track first opened. It was "only" a 90 minute wait but that was big for Disney then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom