What can AK consider for an Evening Closer?

WDWFREAK53

I always thought a nighttime show based on Brother Bear would work really well. Remember when he changes into the bear? The sky was lit up and the water started coming down? Bellagio fountains in the Discovery River...Lasers of different animals shot onto a screen of fog dancing in the skies celebrating the afterlife of all beings...

dxwwf3

That would be cool. It's too bad Disney stuck BB with a terrible opeing date (End of October and they opened it on a Saturday, not Friday which was Halloween) and had very little marketing for a film that I think is right up there with the early 1990's Disney classics.

tomm4004

Whatever it is, I would like it to be quiet and mystical, unlike the crashing loud and frenetic Fantasmic, which is appropriate for a park based on Hollywood. Something spellbinding.

T-1MILLION

Yeah I think maybe a water show with awesome laser effects that draw things on different places..Almost like projections that would not effect or spook the animals. I picture some laser projections of heards of animals on Tree of life and then bugs crawling all over it.. Then that changes into projections of the animals that are on the tree and it seems to bring them to life.. They roar and change expression..Then on Expedition Everest.. of course we have a Yeti projection where the Yeti roars and there is projection snowfall on the mountian. Then there could be pyro..medium sized in some areas but not loud at all. Jut flame. Then some dino lasers and roars..but it would be difficult due to the park layout but it would be different from wherever you are when the show goes on. i think that could be cool.

Just my idea.:wave:

-Preston

ToTBellHop

tomm4004 said:
Whatever it is, I would like it to be quiet and mystical, unlike the crashing loud and frenetic Fantasmic, which is appropriate for a park based on Hollywood. Something spellbinding.
You mean quiet and mystical like DINOSAUR, Primeval Whirl, Expedition: EVEREST, It's Tough to Be a Bug!, and Kali River Rapids?

tomm4004

ISTCNavigator57 said:
You mean quiet and mystical like DINOSAUR, Primeval Whirl, Expedition: EVEREST, It's Tough to Be a Bug!, and Kali River Rapids?
Those "loud" attractions are an important aspect of the park -providing fun, diversity and appealing to teens and other teens at heart - but I think that the spirit of AK lies in the majesty of the animals, and in the tranquil paths and beautiful settings. Thus, I think that a nighttime finale would be better off representing this component rather than the thrill rides. I can't see a fireworks tribute to Chester and Hester land (although I'm afraid to even mention it in case someone from Disney is reading)!

Ryoseth

Original Poster
the more i htink about it, in order to use fireworks and lasers, it would have to be a nightime show. so i suppose those can be ruled out. but still using water fuontains and a musical parade perhaps would be ideal [Tapestry of Nations ALWAYS pops into my head ^_^]

ToTBellHop

Ryoseth said:
the more i htink about it, in order to use fireworks and lasers, it would have to be a nightime show. so i suppose those can be ruled out. but still using water fuontains and a musical parade perhaps would be ideal [Tapestry of Nations ALWAYS pops into my head ^_^]
I don't understand your logic in saying those can be ruled out. AK is open till 8 pm nightly throughout most of June...it's not that much a mental leap for me to envision it staying open an extra hour by next summer to have a 9 pm fireworks show.

And Tomm4004...the wild is...WILD. Tranquil and quiet lions and tigers? Maybe beautiful, but I wouldn't use tranquil or quiet as a descriptor.

JimboJones123

what about a freemont experience type show -- w/retractable roof..before you flame ... don't yell about costs and whatnot, it's just a starting point for an idea..

Ryoseth

Original Poster
ISTCNavigator57 said:
I don't understand your logic in saying those can be ruled out. AK is open till 8 pm nightly throughout most of June...it's not that much a mental leap for me to envision it staying open an extra hour by next summer to have a 9 pm fireworks show.

And Tomm4004...the wild is...WILD. Tranquil and quiet lions and tigers? Maybe beautiful, but I wouldn't use tranquil or quiet as a descriptor.

oop. sorry, i was always under the impression they closed when the sun was still up. maybe it just seemed that way because of when i was down there. [stupid day light savings time]:brick::hurl:

i suppose lasers would be awsome, i didnt know that it would be dark enough for them to be effective year round

Woody13

KumbaRider said:
The one concern is the monkey exhibit near Asia. That potentially poses a threat to any sort of show.
You're right. Monkey's tend to be tough critics. If they don't like a show, they'll throw their scat. :D

tomm4004

ISTCNavigator57 said:
The animals have always been quiet when I've seen them. Has anyone heard the male lion roar or the hippos...do whatever hippos do? I haven't. Perhaps it depends on the time of day, but I always think of the savannah as being relatively quiet. And lions and tigers are quite languid for the most part - except when they are hunting. Most savannah animals are because it's too darn hot! Now the jungle - especially at night - is totally different based on my nights in SE Asia.

To me, the reasons for Illuminations were always clear: keep guests in the park until closing - eating and shopping. But AK doesn't really have any sitdown restaurants, or shopping in the same sense of World Showcase. MK and MGM both have sitdowns. It seems to me that if you're going to keep people there until 9pm you need nice sitdowns. And from Disney's perspective, there has to be an economic reason to put on a closing show.

ToTBellHop

tomm4004 said:
The animals have always been quiet when I've seen them. Has anyone heard the male lion roar or the hippos...do whatever hippos do? I haven't. Perhaps it depends on the time of day, but I always think of the savannah as being relatively quiet. And lions and tigers are quite languid for the most part - except when they are hunting. Most savannah animals are because it's too darn hot! Now the jungle - especially at night - is totally different based on my nights in SE Asia.

To me, the reasons for Illuminations were always clear: keep guests in the park until closing - eating and shopping. But AK doesn't really have any sitdown restaurants, or shopping in the same sense of World Showcase. MK and MGM both have sitdowns. It seems to me that if you're going to keep people there until 9pm you need nice sitdowns. And from Disney's perspective, there has to be an economic reason to put on a closing show.
Well they are building a new sitdown...but more would certainly be nice. And I've heard the lion roar. The live animals may be lazy, but that's only b/c they are well fed. What Disney is trying to recreate is something that is very active...which is why every time they use animals of the non-breathing type, they are very active. I believe the original name of the park was Disney's Wild Animal Kingdom, anyway.

Ryoseth

Original Poster
tomm4004 said:

you make a vild point. so do yah think they should have a show a little early? or extend the park hours with restaurants and such to make more money? and how long would that take?

CaptainMichael

To certain people on here:
The whole purpose of a closer would be to keep the park open later. Historically, the park has closed early because of the lack of attractions. Now, we have (or will have) Expedition Everest, a new sit-down restaurant, and a new musical to keep guests later. Animal Kingdom will more than likely increase its hours of operation to accomodate the increased interest in the park. In order to be like the rest of the parks, it will need a unique nighttime spectacular.

JimboJones123

STR8FAN2005 said:
To certain people on here:
The whole purpose of a closer would be to keep the park open later. Historically, the park has closed early because of the lack of attractions. Now, we have (or will have) Expedition Everest, a new sit-down restaurant, and a new musical to keep guests later. Animal Kingdom will more than likely increase its hours of operation to accomodate the increased interest in the park. In order to be like the rest of the parks, it will need a unique nighttime spectacular.

you should change to AK reborn -- I'm finally excited to visit this park in oct.

Vernonpush

The night time shows are for crowd control at the parks. Wishes= lets get everyone to Main Street. Fantasmic=get every one in one spot, then have them walk past the shops that are still open. Epcot= the same as the studios.

What AK needs is a "kiss goodbye" from the animals on the Tree of Life (lights and laser show with sound) sending them to head to the parking lot for the fireworks (on the other side of the lot, away from the animals), thus clearing the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom