What can AK consider for an Evening Closer?

Captain Chaos

Why can't the night time show be something along the lines of Fantasmic?? MGM does not have fireworks, yet Fantasmic is an awesome night time spectacular.... Some sort of river show would worl well, especially with the costumes being painted so they glow in black light... Yea.. No fireworks in AK...

kcnole

I'd like to see a parade of some sort that included some pyrotechnics, etc... A river parade would be grand. Have it be themed around the various portions of the parks with singing dancing, pyro out on the water, etc....

I personally don't think AK can stay open till dark, but there's plenty of ways to do a closer when it's still light outside.

Ms Brer Rabbit

I'm not such a fan of using fireworks as an evening closer, mostly because I feel it disturbs the ambiance of AK at night. Personally, I agree with others, and I want to see a nighttime parade similar to Tapestry of Nations, but more "tribal" in its style. I have this vision of a nighttime parade with pounding drums, graceful dancers in stylized animal costumes (maybe similar to those in Festival of the Lion King?), and torchbearers illuminating the entire scene. It could be called "Spirits of the Night", or something to that extent.

I'm having fun with this thread, it's giving me a chance to brainstorm and a chance to put off writing a report!

~Ms Brer Rabbit

Chape19714

Bring Back LIGHT MAGIC! :lol: Fireworks might be cool, there was a rumor around here that died of a Brother Bear Aurora Boralis Display, using lazers and fountains. Discovery Lake would definately be the place, but what will it be? I say Nightime Parade like ToN where at the end, the park would go dark and have something big happen in the middle...like all the twinkle lights on World Showcase during the former Tapestry of Nations.

Cosmo

I agree with Ms. Rabbit. A tribal parade would be great. Something cultural with drums and dancers, traditional costumes. Something keeping with the theming of a traditional African or Asian (or both intermixed) celebration or festival. I think it would be beautiful and not disruptive to the animals or the theming.

imagineer boy

I like the idea of some sort of show going in the discovery river in front of everest. There could probably some floating stages with performers on them, and it could mostly revolve around cool fountain effects. And probably only a couple short and small pyro effects.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
imagineer boy said:
I like the idea of some sort of show going in the discovery river in front of everest. There could probably some floating stages with performers on them, and it could mostly revolve around cool fountain effects. And probably only a couple short and small pyro effects.
and in the summertime, at the end, all the sprinklers in the whole park come on at once, cooling down all the guests, soaking them completely and sending them home. :lol: Now thats a finale !!

cameraguy

I didn't read any of the other post, so sorry if this was said already, but my idea is this. I Spectromagic type parade with animals puppets lit up and stuff like that. Anything else would scare the animals.

speck76

I think 2 fireworks shows are enough......

The entertainment that WDW provides should be diverse. The parks would not be as great if they all had nightly fireworks....especially when there are so many options out there.

I would love to see something that we would never even imagine possible for nighttime entertainment.

Pongo

All this talk about the river...

What about the tree? The branches of Tree of Life would make for an incredible stage for some sort of nightime spectacular.

speck76

Pongo said:
All this talk about the river...

What about the tree? The branches of Tree of Life would make for an incredible stage for some sort of nightime spectacular.
it is surrounded by animal enclosures.....

BRER STITCH

speck76 said:
I would love to see something that we would never even imagine possible for nighttime entertainment.

NOW YER TALKIN'!!!!!!!

That's what I was getting at earlier.....

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

speck76 said:
it is surrounded by animal enclosures.....
And I'm not sure how viewing would work...there aren't that many spaces I can think of where you'd get a good view of the Tree of Life and not end up with a crook in your neck. Not to mention it'd be pretty dangerous for all the actors working 100 feet up. Discovery Lake (or is it Bay?) makes the most sense--it'd be easy enough to create viewing areas and it's not right on top of any animals. It could also somehow integrate Everest, though that would involve closing Everest for a bit like they do at the Matterhorn during Remember...Dreams Come True.

KumbaRider

Chape19714 said:
there was a rumor around here that died of a Brother Bear Aurora Boralis Display, using lazers and fountains. Discovery Lake would definately be the place

EDIT:...A bird could swoop down over the river/lake area with water shooting out as it flies catching a fish? Also the use of fire and torches combined with more lighting...Using innovative technology or even ideas like this is key.

A nighttime show at AK needs to draw people in for a reason, not just because it's "a nighttime show"

Ryoseth

Original Poster
KumbaRider said:
Why not use that concept as a "screen" to project images into the sky as an opening. A bird could come into view projected in the air by lasers to begin the show. Then it could swoop down over the river/lake area with water shooting out as it flies catching a fish? Also the use of fire and torches combined with more lighting...Using innovative technology or even ideas like this is key.

A nighttime show at AK needs to draw people in for a reason, not just because it's "a nighttime show"

OO! that sparked an interesting idea! ok...speaking of the bird, it would be really cool if they could incorporate something of a "Mother Nature" sort of thing. maybe not that in a literal sense, but it has a really cultural feel to it. using water as projection screen would be a good idea as well [like in fantasmic]. Does everyone remember the final scene of Fantasia 2000? with the Mother Nature figure and the lava demon? Something inter-relating animals, animal, human, tribal relationship would be good.
~
AWSOME brainstorming people!:sohappy:
~
also: using lasers would be a VERY environmental friendly show.

ICP06

Something like Fantasmic's opening sequence would work great.

Fountains, lazers, smoke effects, those water screens like in Fantasmic... Add fire effects and maybe some low level pyro and you've got a great show that can be done right in the middle of the lake!

brisem

Cosmo said:
just my opinion, of course...but i'm happy with AK as it is. i don't think it needs fireworks and i would be dissappointed if they brought them in. i like the peace and nature of AK...i don't want to worry about the animals being hurt. i think fireworks would ruin the theming. Though i've never been on one, something tells me that if i was on a safari or a jungle trek or walking through africa there would be very little chance of a fireworks display.

/QUOTE]

I agree. No fireworks will keep AK different from the other parks and preserve the nature theme

dxwwf3

I think in order for AK to become the type of park that belongs in equal footing with the other three, it will need some sort of nighttime (Which means it will actually have to stay open when it's dark outside :lol: ) show to close the day. I, too, hope it's something completely different and more along the lines of Fantasmic as opposed to Wishes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom