What attraction should be updated next at Epcot?

RScottyL

I like the idea of a new attraction also. The EO show is extremely dated. The novelty of a 3D movie has worn off. Replacing that with a 4D show starring the characters from Inside Out would be awesome and play right into the imagination theme of the area.

Wouldn't mind a coaster. Something on the level of RRC at DHS.

According to the Wiki, Captain EO is a 4D film:

Captain EO is regarded as one of the first "4D" films (4D being the name given to a 3D film that incorporates in-theater effects, such as lasers, smoke, etc., synchronized to the film narrative).[4]

Looks like most have been removed though:

The current presentation makes use of existing in-theatre special effects held over from Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!, but many of the original "4-D" effects such as the enormous fiber optic "starfield" wall along with smoke and lasers were removed from the building at the show's first closing, and were not returned for the revived presentation.[13] The removed special effects from the original presentation are also missing in the Epcot, Tokyo Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris revivals that followed.

KaliSplash

The Universe of Energy is most in need. (and yes, the original version did have 2 great songs, just not Tomorrow's Child. What I like about the current version is that it tells a story, unlike the original design. So yes, get us a new story, but tell us a story!

Brer Panther

Imagination. I'm sure they'll bring back Dreamfinder EVENTUALLY, but it's been too long. If we simply MUST have Inside Out invading the ride, at least have the characters teaming up with Figment instead of replacing him.

Fox&Hound

Whatever happened to the Ratatouille rumors in France? Are they dead in the water? I heard that the area was beautiful but that the ride was not as well-received.

I'd love to see another ride or two in WS. Even with Frozen coming they could still use another few experiences.

I think if they redid Imagination, Ellen, put something in the Horizons building, and added 1-3 in WS the park would be in a better place. Oh, and get rid of the Leave a Legacy in the front of the park and make it more visually appealing.

The Orange Bird

Original Poster
Imagination. I'm sure they'll bring back Dreamfinder EVENTUALLY, but it's been too long. If we simply MUST have Inside Out invading the ride, at least have the characters teaming up with Figment instead of replacing him.

I don't want those characters in the ride either. Id say a separate Show of their own. Although I think Id rather them do something original. Not just stick something featuring characters from a reasonably successful film. Can I get a hallelujah? Lol

Ralphlaw

I'm surprised they never sprang for "Attractions" at each of the World Showcase countries. Other than Mexico and Italy, we have theaters. I think a wonderful Dr. Who attraction could be done In UK. In Cardiff, they have a Dr. Who Experience which is pretty much up to WDW standards. Yeah, they'd probably dumb it down for America, but it would still be a great tie-in.

BTW: New Years day is Who Years day. Wear you favorite Dr. Who garb on New Years day at Epcot and receive a smile from the likes of me.

The Orange Bird

Original Poster
I'm surprised they never sprang for "Attractions" at each of the World Showcase countries. Other than Mexico and Italy, we have theaters. I think a wonderful Dr. Who attraction could be done In UK. In Cardiff, they have a Dr. Who Experience which is pretty much up to WDW standards. Yeah, they'd probably dumb it down for America, but it would still be a great tie-in.

BTW: New Years day is Who Years day. Wear you favorite Dr. Who garb on New Years day at Epcot and receive a smile from the likes of me.

Love the Who idea. I've read a bunch of rumors about a BBC Theme park that would have Top Gear and Dr. Who attractions so I doubt they would licence those properties to Disney...I'd be all for it though!!!

EnergyKing

How can they update UoE? Get rid of Ellen, Alex T, Jamie Lee C and Bill Nye and already the attraction is less dated. While Science Guy is the only one I'd save if they had to keep one, he will still date the attraction due to the natural aging process. As long as the human body continues to fail to resist decay ANY celebrity will automatically date an attraction.

Last edited:

The Orange Bird

Original Poster
If your referring to the vacation in the future cartoon thing, I agree. I actually like the Judi Dench narration (Me and my friends say "Thank the Phonecians" all the time), but I know she's not every ones favorite. I'd be ok with an update.

morningstar

I have to say Imagination. It's the only pavilion I just don't enjoy.

But to be contrarian, my second pick is Mission: Space. It's kind of thrilling, so I wouldn't give it a pass with no wait, but I don't find it inspiring or interesting in any way. Just a spinning box with some mediocre CG. Update the graphics. Make it more interactive. Take us to the sub-ice ocean of Europa, molten Kepler-78b, or a re-imagined Earth full of life on Kepler-186f.

The Orange Bird

Original Poster
I have to say Imagination. It's the only pavilion I just don't enjoy.

But to be contrarian, my second pick is Mission: Space. It's kind of thrilling, so I wouldn't give it a pass with no wait, but I don't find it inspiring or interesting in any way. Just a spinning box with some mediocre CG. Update the graphics. Make it more interactive. Take us to the sub-ice ocean of Europa, molten Kepler-78b, or a re-imagined Earth full of life on Kepler-186f.

I like the Idea of different locations. You could do a randomization like Star Tours. Different missions, training sequences, planets. With any attraction that's digital, there is no reason why it cant change for every ride.

Haymarket2008

I think Ratatouille's ride/some iteration of it will come to the France pavilion after Frozen Ever After opens. The Frozen ride is a change in the way World Showcase will eventually run, and they're gonna need another ride to balance things out. Not every pavilion will receive an attraction, and I am glad of that, but they are going to need at least one to even things out. Despite me my disdain of IP in Epcot, Ratatouille would be even stranger in Pixar Place at DHS. They would need to, basically, build another France pavilion. So World Showcase it is.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I want to say Ellen's Energy Adventure... Buuuuut.... I'm going to say Wonders of Life. I'd rather have an outdated attraction with something new added to the park, as it would give me ANOTHER thing to do.

It's been discussed multiple times.. But.. Theme Wonders of Life to a combination of Inside Out and Cranium command. Combine the characters into one huge theme on life and health. Have Buzzy work side-by-side in the head with Joy in the former cranium command theatre.. Make it themed to Buzzy being in control of the logical side of the brain and Joy in charge with the emotional side of the brain.

Then have a new simulator ride themed to Buzzy flying a ship that travels through the human body (in a less gross way), use characters from Inside Out for pre-show videos on safety, and how they're going to shrink us, to be able to fit inside the ship, ect.

Then, demolish the former Goofy About Health, AnaComical and Making of Me Theatres to form one larger 4-D theatre. Possibly themed to either Inside Out or Big Hero 6. The theming would be great! Think of the 4D theatre similar to the Despicable Me theatre at Universal..

Add in whatever little hands-on exhibits around and re-open and re-theme the former little cafe to a new counter-service area.

Re-theme the pavilion as a whole to sort of a darkish atmosphere with blue lights that swerve around the inside of the pavilion.

FINALLY, use the Inside Out underscore as area music!!! AHHH!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL ^_^

RScottyL

How can they update UoE? Get rid of Ellen, Alex T, Jamie Lee C and Bill Nye and already the attraction is less dated. While Science Guy is the only one I'd save if they had to keep one, he will still date the attraction due to the natural aging process. As long as the human body continues to fail to resist decay ANY celebrity will automatically date an attraction.

Well, for one, they would need to re-shoot the film and make it more updated! We know they no longer look like this and need more updated film! They could use digital video so it could be played many times and not wear out like film does that they are using!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom