What are your "waiting in line" pet peeves?

Laura

Premium Member
Original Poster
J Sulley's post about personal space got me thinking about all the annoying things that go on while I'm waiting in lines.

My absolute biggest pet peeve is when the people behind me think that the line will move faster if they stand 1 millimeter behind me instead of 2 feet behind me. I hate that so much. I guess they think if they crowd me that I'll move up and force the rest of the line to move? (Which I refuse to take a single step forward when people are pushing me, so basically I make them look dumb.) And then you have the impatient people who not only constantly push against you in the line, but they keep walking in front of you, and then they go back to their spot, and then they walk in front of you again, over and over. Or they feel like they need to stand right next to you. What is the big deal about standing a couple feet behind someone in line??! Why do people feel the need to push push push??! I get a big thrill out of giving dirty looks to people who do that LOL.

So what are your "line" pet peeves?

nelsonj3

I hate it when people actually run into you because they're so close. Even after repeated dirty looks, they keep running into you. I had one guy doing this to me in a queue once, and I finally turned around after he had run into me about the fifth time and said, "Watch it!" He said, "Sorry," and finally backed off.

I've even had people cut in front of me in line. There was a woman and her three kids standing behind me in the ToT "Basement" queue area. She kept bumping into me, and her kids kept kicking at each other and hitting me on accident. I had been standing with my hand on the railing so that they couldn't get around me. Finally, I leaned over to tell someone in my family something and left a gap between me and the queue railing. The lady seized the opportunity and took her three kids and cut in front of my family and the family in front of us like it was no big deal. On her way around me, I put my elbow out a bit in aggravation, and she ran right into it!! ;) She said something to me in spanish, but continued to cut in front of me.

Usually I don't have a problem with people in queues, but the above was probably the worst incident.

Oh, I also hate it when large groups of any kind chant so loudly in line that you can't have a conversation with your own group.

Laura

Premium Member
Original Poster
nelsonj3 said:
I hate it when people actually run into you because they're so close. Even after repeated dirty looks, they keep running into you. I had one guy doing this to me in a queue once, and I finally turned around after he had run into me about the fifth time and said, "Watch it!" He said, "Sorry," and finally backed off.

I've even had people cut in front of me in line. There was a woman and her three kids standing behind me in the ToT "Basement" queue area. She kept bumping into me, and her kids kept kicking at each other and hitting me on accident. I had been standing with my hand on the railing so that they couldn't get around me. Finally, I leaned over to tell someone in my family something and left a gap between me and the queue railing. The lady seized the opportunity and took her three kids and cut in front of my family and the family in front of us like it was no big deal. On her way around me, I put my elbow out a bit in aggravation, and she ran right into it!! ;) She said something to me in spanish, but continued to cut in front of me.

YES! That is exactly what I was talking about in my post. I hate that so much. I'm in such a bad mood now thinking about all the times it has happened to me. I do the same thing and stick my elbows out for them to run into when they push me, and when they hit me I give them the most evil look. Actually what usually happens is its the overzealous 10 year olds who are running into me and trying to push their way in front of me while the parents do absolutely nothing, so I glare at the parents.

Laura

Premium Member
Original Poster
Woody13 said:
I hate it when attractive young women drool on my shirt tail.

Hmmm - I think in order for something to be a pet peeve it has to have happened to you at least once. :animwink:

Woody13

Laura22 said:
Hmmm - I think in order for something to be a pet peeve it has to have happened to you at least once. :animwink:
Most women really like the cologne I wear (Escape by Calvin Klein). They often sniff me in queues. The younger women seem to drool a lot for some reason.

PamelaNiebergal

This isn't really a pet peeve but one thing happened to me the last time I was in WDW that kind of upset me. It was a crowded day and a line had formed at TTA. Being that there is rarely ever a line for this attraction no one seemed to know where to stand so it sort of branched off into two converging lines, one of which I got in. They were both fairly short and I knew we would all be on the ride in 1 or 2 minutes at the most anyways. Well, some woman started yelling at me as though I had committed the crime of the century saying that the line was behind her even though I was in the longer of the two lines. I tried to explain that this was a very quick loading attraction and that the two lines wouldn't really make a difference. Well, I thought a riot was going to break out. People were yelling at each other from both lines, trying to determine which was the official line. It was ridiculous. Why do people get so upset about little things? Everyone still got on in two minutes or less and yet the woman who had yelled at me had the nerve to come up to me right before boarding the attraction (she was a car or two ahead of me) to tell me what a horrible person I was for trying to butt in front of her (even though that was never my intention). When I'm at WDW I'm always polite, happy and appreciative just to be there. I don't understand how people can get so angry in such a wonderful place.

disneywy

I also get annoyed by the people that think they can sneak by and in line or use some lame excuse to get by.

Once when I was in the pre-show for Dinosaur I over heard a lady telling her daughter to sneak closer to the exit door so they would be closer when it opened. So I moved closer to the other people so she couldn't get by. She then said to me, "Oh, I just need to get by the door right over there" and pointed. I snapped and said "Yeah, so does everybody else in here!" I will admit it was rude of me to say that, but I had just had it with her. My friends I was with were shocked I said that cause I am normally very polite and just started laughing at the situation.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Two pet hates -
1) The group that leaves a single person in the line and then when he / she is near the front the rest of the family try and barge through - DON'T TRY IT BUDDY !!
2) The family with the stroller who try and hook the front of it to the back of your ankle (on more than one occasion)

bsandersjr

I hate those parents who feel no need to supervise their kids because they are in a line.
The people who step all over you becuase moving up in line 6 inches will make such a difference.
The guy who "runs" to get in line, slips in front of you, then gets the other 10 members of his group to meet up with him.
I could go on for hours, although I usually do not let these things get to me until I have about 2-3 days left on our trip.

rob45

1. Smelly People :hurl: 2. People in front of you that do not pay attention to the line moving and
you have to repeatly ask them to please move up. :zipit:
3. Children that are not supervised by their rude parents. :mad:

Nansafan

One thing that bothers me is in the thinner queues like Peter Pan, Snow White, that have chains separated the line, people sitting on or leaning on the chains which causes them to block up half the next line. When you try and move past them, you get the nasty look if you bump them when they are clearly blocking the line up.

One way we stop people who cut in front of you is this way. We usually are traveling in a group of 5 to 8 people. If a queue is wide like Pirates for example. When we notice someone trying to edge up around us, someone will say, "Go wide". Then we all move over a bit and line up so that we fill the width of the line. This works pretty well.

DiPSU224

I'm usually always wearing flip flops when we're down there so I can't stand when people are right ontop of me in line and then step on the back of my flip flop when I move. About 3 times or so my flip flop has actually come off of my foot and either I tripped or the bottom of my bare foot hits the cement. I can't stand the thought of my skin touching the ground where so many people have been...

WillsNov

My Pet Peeve's

Parents that can't control their kids. My folks would never have allowed me to act the way some of these kids do. It gets me to wonder who's the parent and who's the child.

Young teenagers that think they are invincible. On my latest trip while in the queue to Thunder Mountain, so young kid cracked his head open on a post he fell off of. Later on, these young teens in front of my friend and I started to climb on the posts and I said something, "Didn't you see the kid who cracked his head opened doing the same thing?!" Well the remarks and looks I got were a bit rude and all. I mean I was trying to save this kid a trip to the emergency room and I get yelled at. When we finally got to board, a CM got us on the ride before these 'punks' and that really annoyed them. Talk about irony. :p

Edeyore

Standing in line is a wonderful way to spend your vacation. You see such
interesting and different people (weird), experience many and varied sounds, sights and smells, that other times you would probably miss. (avoid) All the
while relaxing in the beautiful Florida climate. (sweating my a** off.) I feel
an almost zen-like calm (pass out) standing lines. I mean seriously ...
(What do ypu mean someone already said that?) Bah!!!

soin2disney

People trying to sneak to the front of the line....

This just happened last week, My daughter and husband and myself were waiting in a longggggg line for stitch. Two teenage boys tried to cut a really big line to get first. A man behind us caught them and told them to get back in their place in line. Everyone in the line heard him telling them to get back and starting clapping and yelling Yeah...... That guy was considered a hero that day, and the boys were totally embarassed!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom