What are your tried and true non-Disney Orlando Hotels?

Missy_May

We will be going to Orlando for two weeks. The first week we will be staying on property using my mother-in-law's Disney Vacation Club points. The second week we will need to stay off property. What are the hotels you have stayed at that you would recommend?

The biggest items on my wish list are cleanliness and a price point of around $100/night or less, and it needs to sleep 5. We don't need a Disney shuttle, as we will have a rental car.

Thank you!

disneyworlddad

My wife and I stayed at the Point Orlando resort. Very nice hotel and good price point. (deals can sometimes be had on groupon) We had a room with a full kitchen and washer dryer. It is a bit of a ways from Disney but very close to Universal and SeaWorld. It had a very nice pool area too with bar/food area.

Upvote 0

LMSB

Our last trip in 2007 we stayed at the Doubletree Suites by Disney Springs. Nice, clean room with a mini kitchen. The pool was really nice too. The best part was that it offered shuttle service to all of the Disney parks. Definitely would recommend!

Upvote 0

yensid67

To stay within your price point and offer advice on a nice hotel...I would suggest Clarion Lake Buena Vista(clarionlbv.com) It is a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel, located about 5 minutes from Hotel Plaza Blvd gate...if you wanted to its so close that you could walk to Disney Springs! We have stayed there on our last trip(2013) and will be staying there in May 2018. The hotel offers PILLOW-TOP mattresses, Micro/frig in EVERY room, restaurant with hot breakfast buffet (with selected rooms), game room, deli/convenience store, bar/grille, 2 pools, kiddie splash zone, playground, laundry on every floor, business center. We have 8 nights for $483!!! If you go through Amoma.com or Otel.som you might get it cheaper than any other site. Second choice would be Season's Florida Resort we got this through Expedia for $50 per night...its nothing fancy nice hotel to rest your head, pool, and it is adjacent to Capone's Dinner Theatre!(been there too and its a wonderful show and buffet) Capone's offers American/Italian All You Can Eat Buffet, include in your price is drinks(beer, whine, soda tea) and dessert! Afterward, you enjoy a nice adult Gangster style show with comedy! (alcapones.com)

Upvote 0

G8rchamps

The Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando- South Lake Buena Vista closer to Kissimmee -had a 2 queen suite w/ sofa. It was the size of 2 rooms and was like 120/night a few weeks ago. The pool is small but they also give access to the pool next door (Springhill Marriot?) and minigolf. I do not know if they have roll always, but it was plenty of room. And Hampton does free breakfast.

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista is one we have stayed at a couple of times for one night before or after a week's stay somewhere else, sort of as a way to extend the trip by a day. It is nice enough and the rooms are clean the grounds nice and the rates quite affordable. The location on Palm Parkway is in a nice area that feels safe and there are several restaurants within easy walking distance. I could see staying for a longer amount of time, but we have a timeshare and can always find plenty of nice offsite places to stay for a week. We drive, so it is a non-issue for us, but I can't imagine walking to Disney Springs from there. I mapped it out and it is 1.6 miles between the two. OK, 1.6 miles is doable, but then you have all the walking around DS, and then you have another 1.6 miles back. Again, doable, but wow that would take a lot of walking and a lot of time.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

I can't rave enough about the Wyndham bonnet creek resort. Look at some pics online. Five pools two lazy rivers splash pad hot tubs mini golf. I booked through a vacation club broker called vacation strategy and it was inexpensive and wonderful

Upvote 0

oliviosis

Look up Wyndham Bonnet Creek on eBay. I have friends who booked through that and had a 2 bedroom for less that $100 a night! I couldn't believe it. I don't know anything about the hotel or booking via eBay so research that or maybe ask on the offsite lodging board. I've never stayed there but my friends said they'll never do a Disney property again.

Upvote 0

Debbie

My go to hotel when traveling is Springhill Suites, then Hampton Inns. The Clarion mentioned above does sound tempting. Also, sometimes you can get a decent rate at Caribe Royale resort just depending on your travel dates. I prefer Springhill because of the size of the room. We can fit 6 without tripping over one another, and the couch alone can seat 4.

Upvote 0

jonabyte

Normally we stay at the Marriott springhill suites in the marriott village. It is very close to the entrance, has a nice pool and decent free breakfast. Depending on the time of year I can usually get rates under $100.

Upvote 0

jimbo mack

We are staying at Clarion's Inn (Lake Buena Vista) during our next stay - mainly because it's affordable and reliable. Having stayed there before we know what to expect.

It was not cost effective staying in more upmarket hotels in Orlando as it's just the 2 of us and we hardly spend anytime there. For example we paid for a Disney view in Whyndham Resort Disney Springs during our last stay but hardly found the time to appreciate the amazing views!

We travel from the UK and spend two weeks in Orlando, it's already very expensive for us in terms of air travel, car rental etc. Not to mention the current joke of an exchange rate.

Talking of the Whyndham Resort - definitely avoid, customer service is really poor as evidenced by many reviews on TripAdvisor and cleanliness in the rooms is also poor, and this was our experience during our trip in May last year. It's not worth the extra $$$$$

Upvote 0

epcotisbest

We are staying at Clarion's Inn (Lake Buena Vista) during our next stay - mainly because it's affordable and reliable. Having stayed there before we know what to expect.

It was not cost effective staying in more upmarket hotels in Orlando as it's just the 2 of us and we hardly spend anytime there. For example we paid for a Disney view in Whyndham Resort Disney Springs during our last stay but hardly found the time to appreciate the amazing views!

We travel from the UK and spend two weeks in Orlando, it's already very expensive for us in terms of air travel, car rental etc. Not to mention the current joke of an exchange rate.

Talking of the Whyndham Resort - definitely avoid, customer service is really poor as evidenced by many reviews on TripAdvisor and cleanliness in the rooms is also poor, and this was our experience during our trip in May last year. It's not worth the extra $$$$$

We have stayed at that Wyndham as well but got it priced fairly reasonably through priceline and it was a one night deal on the way to somewhere else. Our experience was a little different, in that the room was clean. Can't really comment on customer service as our only real contact with staff was at check-in and that was OK. What we did like about it was the easy walk just across the street from Disney Springs. Also, directly across the street from the Wyndham is the Hilton and we have stayed there for a one-nighter as well. At a similar price point to the Wyndham, it was a nicer place overall, but then they hit you with ridiculous resort fees and self parking fees, which about wipe out the bargain. I despise phony resort fees.

Upvote 0

draybook

I'd recommend using VRBO and renting a house/apt. You'll have no trouble finding something under $100. Heck, we have a 3/2 house with a private pool for my October birthday trip and it's only $80 a night. This way, everyone has their own bedroom, more than one bathroom so no having to hurry AND a full kitchen and washer/dryer. We're gonna have a 15 month old and a 1 month old newborn, so having access to free laundry services is a huge bonus. And it's only 10 minutes off property.

Upvote 0

DPN

I can't rave enough about the Wyndham bonnet creek resort. Look at some pics online. Five pools two lazy rivers splash pad hot tubs mini golf. I booked through a vacation club broker called vacation strategy and it was inexpensive and wonderful

Yes!!! Love this place, stayed here last trip and staying here again after a few days at POR in May. Also check out redweek.com for it.

Upvote 0

floridagirl57

I got a great deal through a Priceline Express deal for the Swan (120/night). I used the website BetterBidding which gives great tips and clues about these blind deals so I was 99% sure I was booking the Swan even though it was "blind." I saw what I'm pretty sure was the Hilton Bonnet Creek or the Wyndham on Priceline Express, for 88/night. A Disney Springs area favorite though is the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. Great renovated rooms and amenities for a good price.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

We always stay at one of the hotels in the Marriott village on the night before our WDW stay. Close to WDW, clean, friendly, and close by dining and shopping.

You could also check the Mousesavers website for discounts offered by some of the hotels near DS on Hotel Blvd.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom