What are your top three attractions ever designed and opened by WDI? (defunct attractions are fair game)

Smiley/OCD

My list… in no particular order:
1) Haunted Mansion-for late 60’s technology, phenomenal!!
2)Tower of Terror-the BEST queue of any attraction…so many references to episodes-almost to the point where you almost see something new every time…even the outside theming before you step inside sets the theme and surpasses expectations. The ride itself? Very good, but it’s the queue that just sets it apart…
3)Splash Mountain with ALL animatronics working…no matter how bad your day might have been, how hot and miserable you are having stood in the queue for 2 hours, there just NO WAY you exit SM without a smile on your face…Tony B., your finest work, hands down and for all the underlying problems, if I were you, be proud of that ride until the day you die…

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
For the third choice, Body Wars. Even though we never do know who we're inside.... he looks a little like Patrick St Esprit at the end... but at the beginning, he looks like a woman with short hair. Going inside women creeps me out... dunno why

Jrb1979

For the third choice, Body Wars. Even though we never do know who we're inside.... he looks a little like Patrick St Esprit at the end... but at the beginning, he looks like a woman with short hair. Going inside women creeps me out... dunno why
I forgot about Body Wars. That was such a great attraction. Too bad they had to neuter it cause guests couldn't handle it. Sounds a lot like another attraction about aliens they did that to.

These type of attractions are IMO what made Disney different.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I forgot about Body Wars. That was such a great attraction. Too bad they had to neuter it cause guests couldn't handle it. Sounds a lot like another attraction about aliens they did that to.

These type of attractions are IMO what made Disney different.
You mean, where my username comes from?

Mickeynerd17

I'll split my list between rides I've experienced and rides I haven't experience but have studied. Both lists aren't in any particular order

Experienced Attractions:

Spaceship Earth
Test Track 1.0
Splash Mountain

Attractions I didn't experience

Horizons
Journey into Imagination
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

SMRT-1 🌐

As for attractions that I’ve personally experienced, there are SO many amazing ones. From classic shows like Tiki Room and Country Bears to thrill rides like Tower of Terror and Thunder Mountain, Imagineering has conjured up so many gems over the years. They’re all so unique and special that I genuinely cannot pick just three of them. But I will, however, pick three defunct rides!!
Horizons
Journey into Imagination
World of Motion / Kitchen Kabaret (so hard to decide between them both)
As you can tell, I’m a huge fan of early Epcot Center!!

happymom25

As a child:
-The old imagination pavilion. (This was before the time of children’s museums and I wanted to stay and play in the “hands on” area forever.)
-Pirates
-Studio backlot tour

As an adult:
-FOP
-BTMR
-Everest and Mine train are tied (I know mine train gets some hate but I adore everything about the ride.)

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I'm gonna have a shocking take here... but I don't like HM. I was scared of it as a kid, and when I did finally go on, I was sleep-deprived from practically staying up all night and the ride just made it worse. I mean I love the effects, but I just hate everything else about it. If it makes you feel better, then I also don't like Pooh (a ride I used to LOVE) because it made my sleep deprivation even worse. So a combination of bad childhood memories and a bad teenhood memory prevent me from liking HM, but I'm glad you guys are able to enjoy it, because I can't. If I ride a ride involving "999," then it's Buzz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom