What are the must eats at Food and Wine Festival?!?!

Rachel S1321

Original Poster
How do you pick??? It all sounds so yummy! Any recommendations? I am more of a picky person, my hubby is super excited to eat a lot of food. I am most excited to try Belgium's Beer braised beef with smoked gouda mashed potatos! And their waffles look soooo tasty! What are you all going to be eating???? Or do you try most of it? What are your must haves????!!!

belledream

Our absolute favorites:
Australia: Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto
Canada: “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce
Farm Fresh: Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s
Hawaii: Kalua Pork Slider
Hops & Barley: New England Lobster Roll
Scotland: Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herbed Sour Cream

belledream

Yes! We loved it so much - it was our only repeat item from the two F&W's we went to. :hungry:
185.JPG

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Canada's filet from Le Cellier!! It is DELICIOUS!! And if you get the cheese soup too, you've tried the best parts of the restaurant without using two food credits! lol
That filet is my all time favorite steak EVER....and just in case we change our minds or its due to rain I have an ADR at Le Cellier....but right now? IT seems much more interesting to nibble around the world....the pics sure help sell it! THANKS! :)

Mickey5150

I just try to eat everything. However when that's not possible I look for things that I wouldn't normally try if I had to spend $20 on an entree. Much easier to find out you don't like something if it's on $5. The cool thing about the F&W is that even food you might shy away from is done in such a way that it will taste good. Escargot in France is made in a pastry so that yes you taste the snail but no you are not digging it out of it's shell. It's the only way I'll eat escargot and it tastes very good. 94 days to go!!

danyoung56

I've been going every year for about 20 years or so. One year I'll start at Mexico and head around the World Showcase, and then next year I'll start in America and continue clockwise. I have 3 favorites I'll never miss - the lobster roll from America, the escargot from France (they change the recipe on this almost yearly, but it's always very tasty), and the afore-mentioned beef filet from Canada. Good eating!

Variable

Been a few times b

Empanadas. Basic yummy
Lamb pesto
Chinese whatever on the steamed bun.

Always sad that Italy, France, Germany, US, kind of phone it in. Italy very disappointing.

NiarrNDisney

Well of course it is different for everyone but I really liked:
(BTW I am Pescatarian which means I am mostly vegetarian with the exception of fish)

Dominican Republic - Pescado con Coco: Seared Grouper, Pigeon Peas and Rice w/ Coconut Sauce
France - *Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant w/ Garlic and Parsley
Greece - *Vegan Moussaka w/ Gardein Sausage Crumbles
Ireland - *Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie
Patagonia - Roasted Verlasso Salmon w/ Quinoa and Arugula
Scotland - *Fresh Potato Pancake w/ Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herb Sour Cream
Sustainable Chew - Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli w/ Rustic Tomato Sauce

*Absolutely Amazing

Phonedave

I always found the food and wine pairing lunches to be better than eating at the kiosks. The food is of a higher quality, its actually plated, and you can sit while eating it. Italy (both restaruants) and Mexico are good ones (Mexico is a tequlia lunch, so there you go, 3 courses, 3 tequilas plus a margarita). There are a few booth items that are pretty good. Beef with chimichurri, empanadas, pork belly, venison, pork lettuce wraps, and escargots are good.

What I found really disappointing is that much of the samples are not made from scratch recepies, but instead are Sysco food service frozen items. I was at F&W very early one morning a number of years back (when they were holding the prelims to the Bocuse D'Or) and I was back by the kitchens for the Bocuse D'Or and they were doing the moring load in for some of the kiosks. Cart after cart of pre-packaged frozen stuff. Granted, for the volumes that WDW F&W does, I don't see how they could do it any other way, but still, it was a bit of a let down to see it in person.

-dave

Darth Figment

They sell this card that has like 8 tickets on it and it good for almost all the lil food kiosks, and beer . I think you can get it in any shop in epcot . I get it everything I go .

danyoung56

You have to be very careful with this card, as it's possible to get lower cost items that you're still paying a high price for. I think I read somewhere that you should pick items that cost $7.50 or more and you'll break even or even save a bit. Yeah, it's convenient. But do I really wanna be spending $7.50 for a $4 item?

Phonedave

They sell this card that has like 8 tickets on it and it good for almost all the lil food kiosks, and beer . I think you can get it in any shop in epcot . I get it everything I go .

Are you referring to the tasting sampler? If so, that really is not the best way to go. It only started in 2015. It was $60 and you got 8 samples, a trading pin, and "priority seating" at eat to the beat.

If you say the pin is $10 (provided you even wanted it) then you are paying $50 for 8 samples. Thats $6.25 each. if you didn't even want the pin, then you come up with the $7.50 amount that danyoung mentions. Priority seating at eat to the beat is basically worthless.

It is much easier, and cheaper, to just get a gift card, and use that.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom