What are the chances?

Adam1224

Original Poster
Hello everyone
First time poster here. My family and I have just recently purchased points for Poly. We intended on bringing my wife's side of the family with us when we go down next August. The total group will be 9 adults and 2 kids under 2. I will be booking 2 studios for the Poly in September. I know that the 2 studios will not accommodate everyone comfortablely so I intend on trying to get reservation at a different resort that has "affordable" 2-bedroom suites. My questions for all you experts is what are the chances of getting a reservation for a 2-bedroom suite at either BLT, BCV or BWV at the seven month window? I've narrowed it down to those 3 locations as a convenient location is a must. I have done my fair share of research and understand there are a number of factors involved such as time of year and room type to secure at the 7 month window. I'm just looking for personal opinions here. Thanks

slappy magoo

Per WDW's site, the Beach Club 2BR Villas still only sleep 8. They might be getting renovated soon and then have the extra chair by the time you book, I don't know. I also don't know if they'd allow 2 children under 3, usually if you're maxing out with the adult occupancy, the allow one additional child under 3. Maybe you've rec'd an all-OK from WDW already while doing your research, but if you haven't, might be good to check.

Also, the 2BR units have 3 beds and the sleeper sofa and sleeper chair. Anecdotally speaking some adults have a problem sleeping on sleeper furniture vs. beds. And they would have significantly less privacy. Only bringing it up since you wrote about accommodating everyone comfortably regarding the studios.

Won't be as convenient but the 3BR Grand Villas at Old Key West use significantly fewer points than 3BR Villas at other DVC resorts, you'll have way more space, 3 bedrooms so there's more privacy amongst the adults...

But if a 2BR is where you're at...I think BLT has the most units available of your 3 choices, but of course it's also a popular resort, a lot of people try to get in there at the 3 month window. I'd still think it might be your better bed. I know above @bpadair32 wrote you'd have better luck at Boardwalk, but I suspect you might have slightly better luck at BLT. Plus their 2BR units have 3 bathrooms, versus 2 at the others.

And regardless of what you pick, your odds would be a little better in the latter half of August versus the first half - most kids start going back to school in mid-August, which I used to not know being that in NJ we routinely don't go back to school until after Labor Day, so finding out how much better the odds are booking rooms the 2nd half of August was eye-opening.

yedliW

We were looking to stay at BW last year in November, the week before Thanksgiving, and were unable to get a 2br at the 7 month mark..

BWV is one of the smaller resorts as far as the DVC inventory goes.

Adam1224

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention the trip is planned for the last few days of august and first couple in September so hopefully this improves my chances of making the switch at 7 months.

stichrules

We stayed at BW in 2014 during the last few weeks of August and were able to secure a 2 bedroom at the 7-month window our home resort is VWL.

orky8

Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention the trip is planned for the last few days of august and first couple in September so hopefully this improves my chances of making the switch at 7 months.

This is a really unpopular time for DVC, which is good for you. I'd say you have a fairly good chance at all three of your choices. On getting at least 1 of your choices, I'd say your odds are very very good.

Adam1224

Original Poster
So plans have changed like they always do.... Another adult has been added to the group rounding the total to 9 adults and 2 kids under 2. I guess I am now wondering what the availability is for the 3 bedroom at OKW during the last week of August and first week of September? This is the only resort that can accommodate the size of our group for the amount of points we have available. Also thoughts on OKW itself ( ie. rooms,dining,pool)? I'm a little bummed the location of OKW isn't as convenient as my 2 bedroom choices but I would like the whole group to be able to stay together if possible. Any insight on this would be appreciated.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So plans have changed like they always do.... Another adult has been added to the group rounding the total to 9 adults and 2 kids under 2. I guess I am now wondering what the availability is for the 3 bedroom at OKW during the last week of August and first week of September? This is the only resort that can accommodate the size of our group for the amount of points we have available. Also thoughts on OKW itself ( ie. rooms,dining,pool)? I'm a little bummed the location of OKW isn't as convenient as my 2 bedroom choices but I would like the whole group to be able to stay together if possible. Any insight on this would be appreciated.
You will have to wait a few weeks to check, as the 11 month windows hasn't even opened for that yet. We were able to snag a GV at OKW at the 7 month mark for early May last year. SSR is our home resort, but we have stayed at OKW multiple times, and loved it there as well.

Rooms are the largest DVC rooms. We love Olivia's Cafe. Pool was nice, and never seemed to get very crowded. Of course, we don't go during busy periods. Late August to early September you might be just fine. Since you own at the Poly, you'll have to wait for the 7 month window to reserve it.

Tinkerbell397

This post is so timely because we are planning a vacation in 2017 and want a 2 bedroom . Here is our plan. We also bought at The Poly so our idea is to book 2 suites at The Poly at 11 months. At 7 months, we plan to see if there are any 2 bedrooms at either BLT, VWL, Beach Club or Boardwalk. What are the odds? Our trip is planned for September 24-28, 2017. The worst that can happen is that we will be at The Poly.....not so bad. We just think that having an in room washer and dryer would be better for us since we will be traveling with 2 grand children under the age go 5. Thanks for you insight! :cat:

mouse_luv

I will just wish you good luck because the 4th of sept of next year is Labor Day so, the weekend you will be there will be "Labor Day weekend" which is one of the busier times. It tends to die off after that though.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This post is so timely because we are planning a vacation in 2017 and want a 2 bedroom . Here is our plan. We also bought at The Poly so our idea is to book 2 suites at The Poly at 11 months. At 7 months, we plan to see if there are any 2 bedrooms at either BLT, VWL, Beach Club or Boardwalk. What are the odds? Our trip is planned for September 24-28, 2017. The worst that can happen is that we will be at The Poly.....not so bad. We just think that having an in room washer and dryer would be better for us since we will be traveling with 2 grand children under the age go 5. Thanks for you insight! :cat:
That's a pretty slow week, so I think you should be fine. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom