what are some traditions?

lpet11984

I always get my french fries from Casey's (don't know what kind of pixie dust they season those things w/ but they are THE best!) to eat during the parade :slurp:

Getting those fries and the corndog nuggets with hot cheese is another tradition...SO GOOD!

pacochran

It's becoming a tradition for us that when we arrive, which is usually late morning, we rent a car, and we always go to the outlets, have lunch at A&W, as we don't have that around here, then start our souvenir shopping at the Character Outlet.

Tinkrbell

We always sit in the front of the monorail. We often have to wait for at least the next monorail, if not one after that. It started when we got to sit in front during our trip in 2000 & now we try to see how many times we get to sit in the front. It has become kind of a contest between us as we have started taking trips on our own. We try to see who gets to sit in the front the most during a single trip or even day.

Firewolfe51

Sounds silly but our tradition is to always do something new! Each trip we either see a show or ride something we never tried before. Last trip was the Festival of the Lion king. IT was GREAT just wish we had see it before now. Also we always go to Downtown Disney to eat at the Rainforrest cafe. Normally at the bar on a animal butt.

The Wolfe's

Ella's Mommy

Okay where to start... In the weeks leading up to our trip my aunt and I must watch the TOT and HM movie. Then I must have a morning flight that lands at MCO no later than 9:30. I like to check in then race to MK and we have to ride POTC first. We also have to ride TOT the morning after the first day. We have to eat at Chef Mickey's and O'Hana's during our trip. :slurp:

TTA-ATW

When tradition fights back!!!

I just got back from my trip and I found out what happens when we dont follow tradition. We went to the MVMCP on our arrival night and it is the tradition to always ride PotC very first. As a joke I asked my brother what he wanted to do first and he replied "hmm...Space Mountain" I was shocked and agreed. We get in line for SM which is really short, like 20 min. We get to be the next in line to board and the ride goes 101, the lights come on and they evac the building. Luckily they were giving fastpasses for a return ride.

We chalk it up to bad luck and I ask my brother again what he wants to ride,( thinking he will say pirates to end the curse) he says "Lets try Splash Mountain" (shocked again but i give in and go along). It was kind of a chilly night so Splash was a walk on. We get on the ride and get up the first hill and go around the big drop only to find that the jets that spray the water on the next log are turned all the way up. We get drenched (im talking kali river rapids soaked, I have riden Splash more times than i can count and have never gotten this wet.) we get into the show building and every thing is going great until we get to the scene with brer bear in the rope trap when all the audio stops and half of the animatronics stop working. We make the best of it and perform the ride audio for ourselves and the people in the next log :).

We get off the ride and I say to my brother "Ok thats it...We are riding Pirates right now. We get on pirates which is a walk on and everything goes great on the ride and for the rest of the night.

So long story short, Dont break tradition or tradition might break you.

PintoColvig

Warning: Thread drift ahead... :king:

We chalk it up to bad luck and I ask my brother again what he wants to ride,( thinking he will say pirates to end the curse) he says "Lets try Splash Mountain" (shocked again but i give in and go along). It was kind of a chilly night so Splash was a walk on. We get on the ride and get up the first hill and go around the big drop only to find that the jets that spray the water on the next log are turned all the way up. We get drenched (im talking kali river rapids soaked, I have riden Splash more times than i can count and have never gotten this wet.)
We were there the week before Christmas and we got super soaked by the jets on Splash, too. It was worse than Kali, though because it wasn't just shorts and shirt that got wet. I was dripping from the top of my head down. Hands down the most unenjoyable trip on Splash ever.

Agent1964fem

Rainforest Cafe. We were just takeing it all in and I looked at everyone and said good times guys ...gooood times.

Wilderness Lodge 1997
Caribbean Beach 2003
Port Orleans - Riverside 2005
Wilderness Lodge - 2007

sittle

Our traditions

My wife and I have made it a tradition to share a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream sandwhich as soon as we get to the resort. Even after the one year we were waylaid in the Flint, MI. airport for 10 hours, took a 2 hour busride from Tampa to Orlando airports (thats a long story), then took the ME over to WDW, without eating a real meal, the Mickey Mouse Ice Cream sandwhiches STILL came first.

First day, always at Magic Kingdom, first ride always on Splash Mountain, even if it is raining at 50 degrees...

I think we started the Ohana tradition too with the extended family, I think it's now on the "gotta do that" list.

I think this year (if we go) we will start a new tradition maybe sharing a kiss in front of the castle.... maybe!

We have to get a Candy Apple from the Candy Cauldron... too delicious!

It's also tradition for me to go on so many rides that I loose my voice from all the laughing and screaming!!!

Alztybrn

Our tradition started in 1995 when I was married. The first ride my wife and I rode was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Well, that became our tradition of that was always the first ride we rode on each following trip to the world. Well....that did not last very long....:cry: :cry: :cry:

Since then...alway golf at the Magnolia, eat at Ohana's, have 27 Dole Whips and take a picture of the kids with Roy and Minnie

manda_01

I always buy a new set of Disney PJ's for the family at some point on our trip. When we get home and are suffering from withdrawls, we eat mickey pancakes in our PJ's while watching the videos from our trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom