What are going to be the big Halloween costumes this year?

prberk

Original Poster
I saw a news article this morning that mentioned that some people had "hit their Donald Trump piñata," which I thought was funny (no matter which side you take on his immigration comments). All politics aside, I think it was funny; and it simply reminded me of Halloween coming up and how current people in the news always seem to be big on the Halloween circuit each year. Presidential candidates always seem to make a splash in the Halloween costume market, and I am sure that this year, Mr. Trump, hair and all, will be a big seller (probably as a piñata, too), as will Hilary Clinton -- probably with e-mails or Blackberries attached to her.

Last year I remember seeing Anna and Elsa everywhere -- enough to make us all want to "let it go."

And years ago I remember Ross Parot making it big in the Halloween circuit. Masks had him with big ears, and people walked around saying, "Can I finish?" (I am probably dating myself by remembering that -- he had often told reporters that they had never let him finish explaining things no matter what the topic, so Dana Carvey had made his catchphrase "Can I finish?" on SNL.)

So, I just wondered who you all thought would be ripe for parody on Halloweeen this year, and how they might do it. Besides The Donald and Hilary, I am also thinking maybe Baymax might be big this year, but probably not as big as he should be.

Anyway, what do you all think?

(Remember, we can keep our own politics out of it but still laugh at the caricatures made from public figures - whether we agree or disagree with them on policy.)

Arthur Wellesley

I'm guessing Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump. Avengers characters should be big for the kids this year. Frozen will probably still be popular.

Possibly some Kylo Ren, considering a lot of The Force Awakens merch gets released next month. But his character may still be too unheard of for many, at least until December. But he will definitely be HUGE for next year's Halloween.

As for myself, I'm going as Chris Pratt from this summer's blockbuster hit, Jurassic World. Basically I'm just gonna stand out in the middle of the road with my arms extended, and yelling: "Step down, Blue. I respect you!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom