What Airline Do you fly to WDW?

Briangwen7

2me1js8.jpg
What is your favorite airline to fly to Orlando,Florida
&
why do you choose it?
JetBlue? Delta? American Airlines? Virgin Atlantic? Etc.?
:D

Rob562

My preferred airline is Jetblue out of Boston. They (typically) have competitive fares, offer a few non-stop options, and the extra legroom you get in the standard seats is more than enough for me. (I'm 5'11, but have short legs) In-flight TVs are nice, too.
My backup is Southwest, but to get a non-stop to Orlando requires me to fly out of Manchester or Providence. Southwest out of Boston requires a connection, usually at BWI.

My upcoming trip next month I'm booked on Delta because Jetblue's fares had been insane lately, and when you get a $98 fare down and $108 fare home on non-stop flights, you have to grab them. (Booked them individually, weeks apart) Even taking a checked bag fee into account it was still significantly cheaper than Jetblue.

It's easily been a decade since I last flew Delta, so we'll have to see how it goes. (Especially as I'm currently stuck in a middle seat on the flight down)

-Rob

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Thomas cook this year 1st time,not that impressed,ok seat pitch was 33" in economy,but back seat tv was small compared to First Choice.But all going well our next trip will be with Thomsons on their new Dreamliner plane.33" seat pitch,wider seats,mood lightning,windows three times larger than the norm,seat back widescreen touch tv.Hope the price is ok.:)

Upvote 0

Minthorne

Southwest

1. I'm more likely to be able to redeem some kind of points for a free flight since they have many daily flights to MCO.
2. Bays fly free!
3. It's so much cheaper to park in Providence than Boston and both airports are about the same distance for me to drive. If that cost didn't factor in I'd have said Jet Blue for the TV.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Virgin from the uk. They seem the best for a package deal.
:eek: You can't be serious man! Virgin airlines. What with 31" legroom in economy,ok,you get free drink,but who wants to arrive in Orlando blootered? I check out prices every year and Virgin are the dearest by a mile.My friend booked Virgin package for 10 days last year,flying from Manchester,staying at POFQ. It cost 2 adults & 1 child £5,450. Including their park tickets.This year for 14 days staying at PORS for the two of us and our teenage son,with 14 day ult/ticket/ free dining.£4,190. And that's flying from Glasgow with TC.:)Hold the phone, it's you Mr Branson,how are you keeping;)

Upvote 0

Cosmic Commando

Southwest is generally the cheapest for my family flying from BUF.

1. 2 free bags per person. Even if you don't use it, just knowing that you can bring home a couple extra suitcases of souvenirs from WDW is nice. :eek:
2. No change fees. Once I find a reasonable price, I just book it because I know that I can rebook later and use the saved money towards the next flight.
3. This a hidden bonus that you might not think about, but... Southwest doesn't work with any commuter airlines (at least not that I've seen); all flights are actually Southwest flights on nice big 737's. It's this way with JetBlue, too, I think. Almost every flight I've taken out of BUF with Delta, AA, United, etc. have been tiny commuter planes connecting to one of their hubs. I don't care too much about a tiny plane, but at the big hubs, commuter airlines are generally at a different terminal than their big sister major airlines... another headache if you're trying to make your connection! Since Southwest doesn't have commuter airlines, all of their gates tend to be right next to each other at whatever airport, so it's much easier to make your connections. When we connected at JFK with JetBlue going from BUF-MCO, I think we went from gate 5 to 6... none of that "big airport" hassle!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

We fly with whoever is the cheapest.

I prefer to fly on Southwest since they fly out of Albany, NY which is a 30 minute drive from my door. In Albany the load and unload on Southwest is easy and fast since they have 2 walkways connected at the same time one to the from and one to the back. Also the bags fly free and no charge to change flights are big plusses with Southwest along with the always happy flight crews. Unfortunately Southwest pricing for Albany International has gone up considerably and I find myself driving farther to other airport to fly Jet Blue

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We fly Jet Blue. It's not always the cheapest option -- but if we book long ahead of time, it's pretty close to the cheapest. In exchange, we get the TVs in every seat back, more leg room even in the standard seats, a larger-dimension carryon bag allowance than some airlines offer, and if we want to check a bag, the first checked bag for each person is free.

I have a Jet Blue American Express card. There's an annual fee of $40, but I get a "True Blue" (Jet Blue rewards program) point for every dollar I spend. We pay it off in full every month so there's never any interest accrued, and we're racking up points virtually for free. By the next time we go to Disney World (spring of 2014, most likely), the four of us should have enough points to fly for free.

Upvote 0

ibisti

:eek: You can't be serious man! Virgin airlines. What with 31" legroom in economy,ok,you get free drink,but who wants to arrive in Orlando blootered? I check out prices every year and Virgin are the dearest by a mile.My friend booked Virgin package for 10 days last year,flying from Manchester,staying at POFQ. It cost 2 adults & 1 child £5,450. Including their park tickets.This year for 14 days staying at PORS for the two of us and our teenage son,with 14 day ult/ticket/ free dining.£4,190. And that's flying from Glasgow with TC.:)Hold the phone, it's you Mr Branson,how are you keeping;)

It's not always about the money! We have always found virgin to be superior than other tour operators and I'm pretty sure they are the biggest operator from the uk to Disney/Orlando. As for the leg room in economy, I wouldn't know as that's not the seats we book ;-)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

It's not always about the money! We have always found virgin to be superior than other tour operators and I'm pretty sure they are the biggest operator from the uk to Disney/Orlando. As for the leg room in economy, I wouldn't know as that's not the seats we book ;-)
I get it.Your rich,good for you.Unfortunately it is about money for me.Yes Disney use Virgin and that's why Richard has a permanent grin from ear to ear.So you enjoy your Virgin flight with the premium class seats,I'll be in the back with the rest of the working class.:)

Upvote 0

nolatron

Southwest.

Free bags, usually the cheapest and it's the only non-stop flight from New Orleans to MCO.

Unfortunantly ever since airfare went on sale for next trip (Feb 9-16), tickets have been either sold out or twice the usual cost. So unless they release some sale rates or Delta, our 2nd choice carrier does, we may driving this trip. :/

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

United for me..Better times and it feels more coordinated..And this year this is my first time I'm flying first class from Chicago..And I live 5 minutes to O'Hare! Can't Wait!:D

Upvote 0

ibisti

I get it.Your rich,good for you.Unfortunately it is about money for me.Yes Disney use Virgin and that's why Richard has a permanent grin from ear to ear.So you enjoy your Virgin flight with the premium class seats,I'll be in the back with the rest of the working class.:)
Hey don't take it the wrong way, I was just replying to the original post on how we travel and you made a big deal about virgin! I've flown in all classes and don't feel embarrassed that I now choose to fly not in economy, it's all part of the holiday to me. I didn't mean for you to get your hackles up, I was just giving another view point.

Upvote 0

Sunshineglow68

We flew AirTran last week only because that was our only option at the time and I had no problem with them at all except for the fact that they do charge $20 a bag to check in and I noticed right many people were carrying smaller bags and carrying them on the plane.

Upvote 0

The Incredible Schmulk

I would fly JetBlue if we still lived in the NY Metro area, but now that we live in Montana, options are pretty scant. Now, I fly whatever gets me there cheapest without also taking away my dignity with stupid policies and fees. That pretty much limits us to Delta and US Airways.

Flights out of Montana are stupid expensive. I have to take the best deal I can get. It's pretty much to the point where we kind of have to plan the trip around the flight, not the other way around.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom