Pre-Trip We've Fall-in In Love...

We're heading back to Walt Disney World in 99 days ya'll!
IMG_2154.PNG

I cannot wait to come home.

If you've read my other trip reports, you might know me as the fountain-obsessed, value resort-hugger, and Be Our Guest-regular. Well...just letting you know that none of that has changed. In fact, it's probably intensified. So with that in mind, let us go onwards.

The Cast

The husband "J" and I. Newlyweds for almost one year! Here is a picture of us below:
9ac41273660b0fe92db405cc940c352a.jpg

Juuust kidding. But Disney really is one of the reasons why we love each other.

Rounding out our party are these babes.
IMG_2021.JPG

The Plan
September 3rd - September 11th, 2016. 9 days of Disney fun and sun, and for the first time in forever, some water! Yup, we are heading back to the water parks for the first time since 2011.

Along the way, we'll be incorporating a non-park day, a visit to the new Disney Springs, and a bunch of new dining experiences (Free Dining + bounceback offer, you just get me every time).

The resort of choice this year? All Star Music. Cheap, convenient, has fountain.

When I tell people that I go on a Disney forum site to chat about favorite Disney smells or queues, they look at me weirdly and just shake their head. My brother captured the essence quite nicely when he called it my 'Disney Support Group'. So thank you, my fellow Disney friends, for giving me an outlet to express the love and joy I have for this magical place called Walt Disney World. I hope you'll follow along on our adventure. Thanks for reading!

belledream

Original Poster
Pulled this baby out of the mailbox and proceeded to text J: DISNEY MAILLL come home soon otherwise I'm gonna open it myself >: )
IMG_2684.JPG

I restrained myself and waited, like a good wife.

The yellow luggage tags with the AK Mickey Mouse - a classic we're-going-to-Disney reminder for us!
The recommendations for our party (of 2 adults - therefore Disney thinks we like adult things when really, we are two overgrown children running around the parks).
The reminder to book your dining reservations - YEP, been in the bag for almost 180 days.
The little vouchers that you can tear out of the booklet - gimme gimme!

It's getting real! A month to go and I am EXCITED, people!

I'm EXCITED to jump into this cart - seriously I like run. What are the chances I boot up my Disney Pandora station and 'You've Got a Friend in Me' starts me off?
019.JPG

I'm EXCITED to visit the Mexico Pavilion - some of my favorite sights and smells reside here.
271.JPG

I'm EXCITED take the time to wonder just how many perfect details one can put into their craft.
194.JPG

I'm EXCITED to see this sign, feel the blast of cool air, hear the music loop take me to another dimension, and then fade away as the sound of tracks take over.
101.JPG

I'm EXCITED for (ready for a throwback photo?) the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon! Bring it on! (Why does this photo make me feel dated? It's from a 2011 disposable waterproof camera!)
246605_1384270966558_2129499_n.jpg

I'm EXCITED for our evening strolls, here, there, and everywhere.
291.JPG

I'm EXCITED for some quality time spent at Contemporary. There will be fireworks. There will be food. Hence, there will be fun.
282.JPG

I'm EXCITED for some Liberty Square exploration and relaxation. There's just something about this place...
249.JPG

I'm EXCITED to see this friendly reminder that the best fireworks show ever will be playing later tonight.
411.JPG

I'm EXCITED to ride Dumbo at night. Because of these.
317.JPG

How we find time to relax in the midst of all our crazy adventures is a phenomenon almost beyond me, except that I am reminded me that while a week at Disney may seem to fly by, the days are long and every minute is meant to be cherished. I'm most excited knowing that soon, this time will be ours to make more of these kinds of memories. :)

Last edited:

belledream

Original Poster
My box o' happiness has arrived!
IMG_2701.JPG

Yes, yes, yes, PURPLE MAGIC BAND! We now have almost every color: pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. They would all look so nice together except the older ones look like they've been through a lot. ;)

If you haven't noticed yet, I'm huge into themes and matching/complementing, so I love the orange-purple combo that goes so well with the Halloween at Disney scheme! (Which sends my mind into overdrive by the way. Just can't wait to enter some of those magnificently-themed Disney shops and ogle at the displays and new park merch.)

Also, this is our first time getting the new luggage tags. I'm basically in love and will need to visit WDW many more times so I may hoard them all...
IMG_2702.JPG

Up until now, the countdown has been flying by, but this under-1-month thing is really dragging at this point. Been preordering my BOG meals, assessing my Online Check-In for no reason at all, checking the menus to see if there have been any changes, and yup, the suitcases are already out. I was throwing random objects into it the other day and J gave me the raised eyebrow. "I am not packing," I said. "I am gathering." :D

But savor these moments, right?

Second Star to the Right

:hungry:
Because I'm going to take it the extra (probably unnecessary but very delicious) mile, it is now snack preview time!

These are new to us...the good oldies like Dole Whips and Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches will surely be consumed...

I want...an Iced Coffee Float from Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies during my early Tomorrowland mornings.
Iced-Coffee-Float-Auntie-Gravitys-Galactic-Goodies-2.jpg

In a similar vein, J is intrigued by this Ham and Cheese-Stuffed Pretzel at the nearby The Lunching Pad. Can't tell if it's gross or not, but we may give it a try.
Ham-and-Cheese-Pretzel-Lunching-Pad-16-09.jpg

Barbecue Pork Waffle Fries from Golden Oak Outpost...topped with coleslaw? This looks like a meal!
pork-barbecue-waffle-fries-golden-oak-outpost-14.jpg

Basically anything at Les Halles...
Les-Halles-Epcot-4.jpg

That is, if we can manage anything after J gets his grubby hands on this Cookies & Cream Funnel Cake. Not sure I want to consume this, but I basically have no choice, being married to this Cookies & Cream monster.
Cookies-n-Cream-Funnel-Cake_Funnel-Cake-Stand_04.jpg

Hoping that Sweet Spells will still have the Carrot Cake Cookie by the time we go.
CarrotCakeCookie_WritersStop_15-006.jpg

Again with the Cookies & Cream, we might get the Cookies& Cream Whoopie Pie, also from Sweet Spells.
Cookies-Cream-Whoopie-Pie_Sweet-Spells_01.jpg

Here's a real savory snack from Trilo-Bites in AK...Buffalo Chicken Waffle Slider. Will we have enough room in our tummies to actually consume this? Only time will tell.
Pulled-Buffalo-Chicken-Waffle-Sandwich-Trilo-Bites-Animal-Kingdom-6.jpg

J is swearing that these Garlic Knots from Pizzafari will be one of the best things we have this trip.
Pizzafari_Garlic-Knots_16-26.jpg

Cake Cone from Ample Hills Creamery...:eek: <-literally my face when I saw this.
Ample-Hills-Creamery-Disney-World-Boardwalk-16.jpg

We'll definite need some Mini Donuts to power ourselves through the day at Blizzard Beach. Dipping Sauces cost extra and we will probably purchase them all...Chocolate/Raspberry/White Chocolate.
Mini-Donuts1.jpg

I'd really like to give this Salmon Crepe from Aristocrepes a try...but as we will only be at Disney Springs in the evening for dinner, I'm not sure that will be feasible.
AristoCrepes-Salmon-Crepe-16_-018.jpg

Snacks are harder to plan for than meals. Our eyes are bigger than our stomachs (for the most part) and wanting "this or that" is could change very easily. But I think it's important to research so that we know we're getting the most bang for our buck, using snack credits wisely, and not missing out on something that we will then be aching for over the next year.

We welcome your input, suggestions, and/or good vibes as we embark on our quest to eat everything! :D

Just catching up on this TR. Your plans sound great! And honest-to-goodness, so many snacks, not enough time (or belly room!) I will be at the world a few weeks after you, and I have a list a mile long of all the different snacks I want to try, not to mention F&W will be going on then! :hungry: I think I will be using all of my snack credits there, but I have never had the PB&J Milkshake from 50's PrimeTime Cafe, the fuit & nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow, or the Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls...I actually have a list solely dedicated to the cupcakes I want to try! :D
Looking forward to reading your TR when you return!

belledream

Original Poster
:hungry:

Just catching up on this TR. Your plans sound great! And honest-to-goodness, so many snacks, not enough time (or belly room!) I will be at the world a few weeks after you, and I have a list a mile long of all the different snacks I want to try, not to mention F&W will be going on then! :hungry: I think I will be using all of my snack credits there, but I have never had the PB&J Milkshake from 50's PrimeTime Cafe, the fuit & nutella waffle from Sleepy Hollow, or the Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls...I actually have a list solely dedicated to the cupcakes I want to try! :D
Looking forward to reading your TR when you return!
F&W is a great use of snack credits - it's where all of ours went last year. It's so much fun walking around picking and choosing what you want!

If I remember correctly, I don't think the Sleepy Hollow waffle sandwiches count as snack credits (they're HUGE), but I'm totally with you on WDW cupcakes. Those big, beautiful things, topped and filled with goodness. They make the best breakfasts! ;) I definitely am thinking about getting a second dessert from Contempo Café after California Grill...LOL.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Second Star to the Right

F&W is a great use of snack credits - it's where all of ours went last year. It's so much fun walking around picking and choosing what you want!

If I remember correctly, I don't think the Sleepy Hollow waffle sandwiches count as snack credits (they're HUGE), but I'm totally with you on WDW cupcakes. Those big, beautiful things, topped and filled with goodness. They make the best breakfasts! ;) I definitely am thinking about getting a second dessert from Contempo Café after California Grill...LOL.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!
You're right, the fuit and waffle sandwich is not a snack credit, :arghh: I'm just considering it a "snack" I want to try, and if I call it a snack it will make me feel better about stuffing my face haha. It looks so good!

I have never gotten anything from Contempo Café, but we have a reservation for Cali Grille too, so this feels like a must-do! I also love the idea of monorail hopping the resorts, so I might be able to squeeze it in then. I'm going to need to bring a bigger set of shorts if I plan on fitting into anything my last day there ;)

belledream

Original Poster
You're right, the fuit and waffle sandwich is not a snack credit, :arghh: I'm just considering it a "snack" I want to try, and if I call it a snack it will make me feel better about stuffing my face haha. It looks so good!

I have never gotten anything from Contempo Café, but we have a reservation for Cali Grille too, so this feels like a must-do! I also love the idea of monorail hopping the resorts, so I might be able to squeeze it in then. I'm going to need to bring a bigger set of shorts if I plan on fitting into anything my last day there ;)
That's gonna be one heck of a snack! :hungry: Sleepy Hollow was definitely a meal for us. Seriously, there's not enough time or stomach room to try all this food!

And that's exactly what we're going to do on our first day. Just monorail hop and enjoy all the different atmospheres before (and after!) dinner. :) One of the best ways you could spend a day at WDW!

belledream

Original Poster
Four more sleeps until Disney World! As we prepare for it, I think back about how all of this started. We booked this trip as a bounceback on our Disneymoon last year, not 100% sure we would be coming back. At the time, it just seemed like a good moment to say a temporary farewell to something we loved, in favor of trying other things. Okay, so that didn't happen. Even with a two-week-long international trip absorbing a lot of our time, we still found a way to make this trip happen. (Let's be honest, it was going to happen and we were just kidding ourselves the entire time...)

It's not going to be perfect. Rivers of Light was not to be. Favorites and classics like DINOSAUR, Big Thunder Mountain, and Small World will be down while we're there. A storm is coming! But you know what? I DON'T CARE. I'm going to be at Disney World...with my best friend...who truly enjoys sharing Disney with me. We're happy, we're healthy, and we're home. Hakuna Matata! So, actually...scratch what I said, because this sounds quite perfect.

I'm ready. I'm ready for the early mornings and the late nights. Between new attractions and long-awaited meals, I want to capture every little thing in between, from details like unique doorknobs, posters on the walls, and neatly-organized walls o' stuff in the shops, to all the silly faces and sarcastic comments (J's specialty) that are made along the way. I feel so lucky. :)

belledream

Original Poster
The day is here! As you can see, my countdown board has been through a lot. :p
IMG_2881.JPG

But it has been oh-so worth it, as every day reminded me to never stop dreaming, and work hard towards them.

Rain or shine...Disney, you are mine!!! I cannot wait to wake up and smell the beautiful morning air, eat until I can't move, step onto some moving platforms, hear the melodious tunes that just make my heart swell, and return to the resort at night filled with memories and smiles.

MCO. World Showcase Lagoon. Tangled restroom area. Boardwalk. Tomorrowland at night. Conservation Station train. Monorail. Sunset Boulevard. All of this just flashed through my mind, and I'm rambling now. That means, it...is...time. FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING! Ok, I'll excuse myself now. :D Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom