Were to request a room a CBR?

parker kim

Hi would you pay extra for a perfered Room ( I hate that idea, but I would do it if if made the walk to the bus stop shorter). Thats proble my main thing the bus stops and not have to hike every day I would also like to be fairly close to the pool and food area but not quite as important. we''ll walk to and from the bus stop more often. So I was thinking the jamacia 44 or 46 but still looks like abit of a walkto bus but sceems pretty centerally located. or do perfered at maritinque 25 or trinidad 33? any one stayed any of these places how the walk? or How abou Maritinqe 22 or 23 are they perfered? :shrug:

DisneyMusician2

At CBR, a preferred room location is really not a bad idea...It is a VERY expansive resort, and if anyone has walking issues or kids, a preferred location will really make those evening trips back to the room that much easier. I would go with the Martinique, I like the area better! Good Luck!

Upvote 0

saltmom1

Jamaica 44 is a great building to request. I was in 4403 and I could see the bus stop from my room - about a 2 minute walk. The quiet pool was a 2-3 minute walk and the main pool and food court is about a 5 minute walk. If you have young kids there is a playground near the quiet pool.:wave:

Upvote 0

AndyJo0930

Each individual section has its own bus time (not like the value resorts, where there is only one major stop). We did not have a preferred room but the bus stop was only about 20 feet away from our room but we did have a little bit of walk to the food court. MOst days we would go to the food court for breakfast and then just catch the bus there for the parks, and then get dropped off by our room when we came back.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I echo what andyjo0930 said. Each island has a bus stop, so the truth is that there are LOTS of rooms close to the bus. I would make sure this request is on your reservation.

There is an internal bus if you end up really far from Old Port Royale, or you can just catch a park bus from there after you eat.

Also bear in mind that the resort maps are a little deceptive as far as distance goes. Jamaica may look really far from OPR, but the walk is about 4 minutes.

Personally, I would not pay extra for preferred, but lots of people do, and that's your decision.

Buildings really close to bus stops are
Barbados 13
ARuba 54 & 56
Trinidad South 34 & 36 (although TS is the farthest from OPR)
Trinidad North 33 (preferred building)
Jamaica 46

Not to belabor the obvious, but note that the closest rooms to bus stops may have a view of the parking lot. Water views will be farther from the bus.

Upvote 0

saltmom1

Parker Kim, when you do make a request. you will be more likely to get what you want if you say close to a bus stop rather than I want room 1234. This has been noted on several posts throughout different threads. Be general enough so that the request is flexible while still making your needs known.

Upvote 0

parker kim

Original Poster
I was thinking of just doing a building request maybe I should w/ a room closer to bus stop. thanks I don't think I'll go with a perfered, but maybe Jamacia 46 w/ back up of 44 then 45 with a room closer the the bus stop. Who dose that sound? thanks for all your help :wave:

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

I was thinking of just doing a building request maybe I should w/ a room closer to bus stop. thanks I don't think I'll go with a perfered, but maybe Jamacia 46 w/ back up of 44 then 45 with a room closer the the bus stop. Who dose that sound? thanks for all your help :wave:

Since each "island" has it's own bus stop...you're never really that far from a bus stop.

As for getting the the Port Royale....the farthest building is maybe 15 minutes away...it's really not that far of a walk.

Upvote 0

jooleejul

I stayed at Martinique 25, and I'm so glad I did it. It was the first or second bus stop on the loop, so you were pretty much always guaranteed a seat. It was also wonderful to be able to get off quickly at the end of the day instead of sitting on the bus when you are tired as they go around to each other location. It's such a large resort, I was very thankful I stayed there. It was fairly close to the pool and restaurants - you just had to walk across a small parking lot. I wouldn't stay anywhere else there.

Upvote 0
The only benefit that I see to a preferred room is being close to the Food Court. Every island has its own bus stop. The buses vary in which island they stop at first.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

If your primary interest is being close to a bus stop, then I agree with the posts that say request "close to a bus stop" rather than requesting a specific building. If the buildings you request happen to be full, then the room assigner will just place you in any old room -- they can't be expected to know WHY you requetsed the buildings you requested. But if you tell them why, they are more likely to be able to help you.

Also, I'm not sure what map you're looking at, but the CBR maps I've seen (including the official map they give to you when you check in!) are NOT accurate as far as bus stop locations. Or rather, let me say they are not to scale. For example, on http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm it looks as if the Trinidad North bus stop is right at Building 31, but I was at the far end of Building 33 and the bus stop was right across from my room.

ALso keep in mind that each village has a pool as well as a bus stop.

For me, with a 5 year old and 2.5 year old at the time, paying for preferred location was worth it because we used the food court a lot.

As far as buses, the buses randomly start at Jamaica and Martinique. So there's no way to request a specific village to make sure you're always the first or second bus stop.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

We stayed in Jamacia 44 right next to the quiet pool - 5 minutes to the food court, 45 seconds to the bus stop. What I liked best - it was the first stop in the morning - we were sure of getting a seat.

Upvote 0

gunsnroses

We stayed in Martinique, building 23, and it was a great location. it was usually the 1st bus stop in the morning, and usually the 1st stop in the afternoon. the walk to the food court was pretty short also. i would definately request martinique!!;)

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

I may be wrong, but I think there are only six building that are considered preferred location. Matinique 24, 25, 26 and Trinidad North 31, 32, 33. We stayed in building 24 in January and it was really close to the bus stop, less than a minute walk across the parking lot. The quiet pool was jsut around the corner from our room. And the food court and main pool was less than 2 minutes away.

I highly recommend the preferred location.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom