Were back...it was MAIGICAL! Any questions?

Kristamouse

Just got back last night...it was Magical! We checked out on Friday and decided to add an extra day to and went to MK for on last fix. Will do a trip report soon but still need help with getting pictures onto this sight.
Any questions? Will try to remember everything!

Lisalyn

Glad you had such a wonderful time! My sister gets back today also! lol I'm hearing lots of walls up and tarps due to refurbs and expansions....just one question - did they hamper your trip any or was it a "we hardly noticed them" type of thing?

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Yes lots and lots of tarps...we did notice, espically in FL. It was noticable and not as beautiful but it did not ruin our time. I could see how a new person visiting would mind though. What I did notice was the noise from the roof work on teacups and the crane visable from all points in the park. A CM in the hat shop told me that very tall tarps were going up over the walls soon. So taken with a grain of salt I do hope somthing can be done about the crane soon. All and all though things were GREAT and we can't wait for FL in 2012...my daughter is 5 and she was so excited about the Little Mermaid ride.

Upvote 0

todpatcam

We just returned from our third annual visit to Walt Disney World. There were lots of tarps and the cranes were visible when viewing the castle but in the big picture of things we understand that it is needed for future improvements and needed updates.

I'm a golfer and I know other golfers get upset when they play a course that just aerated their greens but if the course does not do this the greens cannot be maintained. Those same golfers will complain when the greens are not plush - aeration is required for this to happen.

We feel the tarps and cranes are a very small inconvenience for a much bigger payoff in the future. We can’t wait for the new Area in MK to open and when the tarps come down think how beautiful the buildings will be.
:D

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

First I had to say I love your profile picture! Is there a more perfect photo you could've chosen to represent a trip to WDW? So, so cute!

Glad your family had such a wonderful trip! My question is - how clean do the parks look? Each time we go I'm amazed at how clean the parks, the restrooms, even the trashcans are! But I hear about cutbacks and now I'm wondering if I'll see some "decay" next year when we go. What was your experience?

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Mukta-Yes we were all (32, 32, 6, 5, 2 and 5 months) were able to do pretty much everything. Still have not made it to Tom's Island or in the Tree House we could have, just choose to do Pirates and HM again. We did the Dumbo type rides for the 2 year old (and for Mom and Dad to see over the wall, we have pic's too will post soon). Our 5 and 6 year old were tall enough for everything but RnR and PW, so they drinking lots of milk to grow for our next trip. They loved the thrill rides! Food service and most of the meals were great, Brown Derby was super long for four kids, Flame Tree still is our fav for counter service and we really like the Plaza.
Tomi Rocket- Thanks! They are cute pies, thoose are my oldest two, need to post some of my next two, that was a MNSSHP night in 08. The parks were very clean and so were the bathroom's, I know this because my 2 year old was potty training:) Our room was a different story, will post thoose issues in my trip report. I tend to have rose colored glasses on in the parks and I am chasing 3 kids and holding one baby so I might have missed some upkeep, painting, visual type things.
Think Tink- my most memorable moments are my daughters seeing Tink fly, she was grounded on our first MK night so they were THRILLED for her to fly the 2nd night. I also loved my son on HM, trying to be so brave and nonchlant but really still spooked. My kids also thanked DH and I so many times for bring them to WDW. I was so proud of that, they are growing up to be good kids.
Hopefully will have the Trip Report up soon...while I am gald to be home, I can't wait to get back!

Upvote 0

NYwdwfan

Glad you had a great time (how could you not!) Hope the potty training went OK - looking forward to the trip report and pics over the wall (sounds like over the wall shots will become a thing of the past with the new tall tarps! :mad:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom