Went to Busch Garden's today and it really made us appreciate DISNEY!

draybook

I don't know many amusement parks that have steam trains.

BGT is great. The place lacks overall theming sure, but man do they know how to keep a park clean and maintained. They beat Disney at their own game on that one.

Six Flags St Louis has one.

taz0162

This was my feeling with going to Sea World for a day in Dec. Looked forward to taking my wife and kids to see Shamu since none of them have seen an Orca in real life before. When I was there the experience was so much less then I was hoping for. Not saying that they didn't have fun but the employee love, theming of the park, and magical feeling was not all around.

bubbles1812

I've never been to BGT but have been to the one in Williamsburg. I had a pretty enjoyable experience. I like the coasters, though it isn't like that is all the BGs have to offer. But honeslt don't get the OP's post? How are they remotely comparable? Trying to compare a single park to a resort like Disney or Uni... It just doesn't work. It is illogical. If you wanted to be a bit fairer, take one park of the four and compare it to BGT.

MissM

I hadn't been to Busch Gardens in years and years until earlier this year the Barenaked Ladies were doing a free show there and I wanted to see them. We wound up getting annual passes because it was only an investment of $25 for both of us a month with no downpayment. It was so inexpensive it was an easy risk to take. It's not far from me; I can get there in 20-30 minutes pending on traffic.

I have to say the park really is a lot nicer these days then I remembered from even a decade ago. It was clean, there are TONS and tons of plants and flowers, the theming is good (but not immersive - you can see structures and support poles for coasters and such very clearly) and the animal exhibits have really grown and expanded. I don't ride coasters so the bulk of the rides are no draw to me but for a fan, there's no shortage. What I enjoy is that it's very easy to hop over there and spend a few hours walking around and taking photos. For a hobbyist photographer, it's really awesome to have such a diverse set of animals so close by to shoot.

It's NOT Disney but I think it's a nice park if you take it as it is rather than try to make it into something it's not.

The Empress Lilly

I hadn't been to Busch Gardens in years and years until earlier this year the Barenaked Ladies were doing a free show there and I wanted to see them. We wound up getting annual passes because it was only an investment of $25 for both of us a month with no downpayment. It was so inexpensive it was an easy risk to take. It's not far from me; I can get there in 20-30 minutes pending on traffic.

I have to say the park really is a lot nicer these days then I remembered from even a decade ago. It was clean, there are TONS and tons of plants and flowers, the theming is good (but not immersive - you can see structures and support poles for coasters and such very clearly) and the animal exhibits have really grown and expanded. I don't ride coasters so the bulk of the rides are no draw to me but for a fan, there's no shortage. What I enjoy is that it's very easy to hop over there and spend a few hours walking around and taking photos. For a hobbyist photographer, it's really awesome to have such a diverse set of animals so close by to shoot.

It's NOT Disney but I think it's a nice park if you take it as it is rather than try to make it into something it's not.
Go on then, share some pics of Busch with us!

MissM

Go on then, share some pics of Busch with us!
LOL Sure if you want! Here's a few lion shots.

bg-may13-lion1a.jpg

bg-may13-lion1b.jpg

bg-march16a.jpg

Fantasmic

I really like BGT.

You can feed Wallabies, I fed one called Benito. He was cool.
There are also many more thrills and fab coasters at BGT. It's more like Alton Towers with animals!

bethymouse

I love BG Williamsburg and I love Kings Dominion ( in the old days: Rebel Yell now: Volcano the Blast Coaster). I'm only about 2 1/2 hours away and considered a season pass, but my boys aren't quite tall enough yet to ride the big coasters. Likely excuse for Mommy who is trying to lose some weight to fit into the ride constraints.:( I am ashamed to admit that 1 reason I love Disney is that I can enjoy all of the rides w/o worrying about fitting into them.:( But, overall, I am still a Disney "freak", and I am hoping that we'll continue to go to Disney for years to come.

lazyboy97o

I sit corrected, it is listed as a theme park. I think we all know better though.
Yep. There was a time when "Six Flags" actually meant something. The three parks (Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Over Mid-America) were all themed to local history. Employees even wore costumes appropriate to ther lands.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I havent
Yep. There was a time when "Six Flags" actually meant something. The three parks (Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Over Mid-America) were all themed to local history. Employees even wore costumes appropriate to ther lands.
I haven't been to Six Flags Over GA since it flooded.

I wonder what it looks like now...

lazyboy97o

I havent
I haven't been to Six Flags Over GA since it flooded.

I wonder what it looks like now...
Which time when it flooded? The time that destroyed Lickskillet? That area is impressive for what Six Flags does lately but is a hollow imitation of what was there.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Which time when it flooded? The time that destroyed Lickskillet? That area is impressive for what Six Flags does lately but is a hollow imitation of what was there.

The 2009 floods. Though, now that I think about it, last I went was in 2000 or so, so it's been even longer than that. I do remember seeing pictures of it during the floods and wondering what they were going to do to the place once the waters receded. It looked pretty bad...

six-flags-over-georgia-flooded.jpg

SFOG2.jpg

SFOG1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom