Well that was easy

Tink28

Original Poster
So 60 day mark today!! Excited!!

Being in the UK meant booking started for FP+ at 5.00am our time, well no way was I planning to get up that early but took laptop to bed with me anyway, so woke at 5.15 (no surprise there with FP+ on my mind all night!) decided way too early so try to go back to sleep, still awake at 5.45am so switched on laptop. Not sure what to expect as not booked FP+ before but was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was and got ALL the FP I wanted yay! And I had 14 days worth to book!
Even a couple I didn't want (Sing along with Frozen, loads of little girls singing out of tune to 'Let it go', gave me a headache just thinking about it) but just cancelled that

Very pleased it worked so well

Graham9

I wish our experience was like that.
My wife was up at 5:00 am to book fastpasses, and it took virtually all day to book them with a website which refused to work properly and by the time she was finished, some of them were already used up.

I said it before last time we went to WDW, This Fastpass system is useless and takes a great deal away from visiting WDW. I fail to see why its mandatory to have to plan out 60 days in advance when you used to have a Fastpass ticket machines available, which WORKED. Its an appalling system which hasn't improved in any way since they introduced it and we will await to see what other incompetent mistakes this stupid system makes when we finally show up and collect these Bands of ours - like it did last time.

HolleBolleGijs

My wife was up at 5:00 am to book fastpasses, and it took virtually all day to book them with a website which refused to work properly and by the time she was finished, some of them were already used up.

I said it before last time we went to WDW, This Fastpass system is useless and takes a great deal away from visiting WDW. I fail to see why its mandatory to have to plan out 60 days in advance when you used to have a Fastpass ticket machines available, which WORKED. Its an appalling system which hasn't improved in any way since they introduced it and we will await to see what other incompetent mistakes this stupid system makes when we finally show up and collect these Bands of ours - like it did last time.
What about FP+ is mandatory exactly? And it's not like your SOL if you wait until 30 or even 15 days, my trip is in a week and there's a good amount of attractions to choose from.

It's not entirely useless. It allows people who like to start their day a little later to get FPs that used to run out within a couple hours.

Tinkerkelle

Similar experience from UK too. Very smooth and plenty choice at 60 day mark. Have done some switching of times since with no problems. Only slight issue was availability for 7DMT. None for arrival day but fine for later in trip.

bpadair32

If you were trying to get A&E or 7DMT, you should have been booking at midnight, not waiting until morning. That being said, I love the new system. I am not a RD person and never will be. So until FP+ I have never used a FP because all of the attractions I would be interested in getting them for were already gone by the time I got there from the RD people that would race from one to another to grab them all up. I think this system is more fair to everyone because you have the ability to get FP+s for times that work around your schedule and not have them all be gone if you chose not to get up at dawn during your vacation.

KingdomofDreams

We've only used it once and it was over a year ago, but we loved it. It wasn't perfect, but imo there were just a few improvements needed. One thing was that the system threw out combinations rather than letting me freely choose each FP. I then had to spend time correcting/changing. Although it wasn't a major inconvenience, it was an unnecessary one. Hopefully this has been corrected by now. For the system to offer suggestions is fine, but present the user with a complete list of attractions/shows and let them freely choose from all available times based on the park and date being searched.

The other thing (at that time) was having to use a kiosk once in a park for any additional same day FP's. They needed a few additional kiosk locations for those who don't use smartphones (especially noted the need for one somewhere on Main Street for people entering and exiting the park) but they also needed to make additional FP choices available via the app for those who prefer the convenience of their phone. Other than those couple of issues, the only other thing that stood out for us was the forced tier system. I understand the reasoning behind it, but as the guest, it was definitely a negative.

Graham9

Last time we used MagicBands....

The didn't work properly for the 10th day of our stay and lost at least half the day trying to get them to work,
We were given fastpasses we didn't ask for and had the ones we did ask for were changed without telling us
Their fastpass website constantly crashed and had to constantly ask for printouts of what we asked for, as we couldn't be certain we got what he chose. (That's before they were changed without us knowing later)

I work with computers a lot of the time. I don't want to work with them when I go away. But now I am forced to carry my ipad with me to keep track of these fastpasses and maybe make a vain attempt to change them if I have to (or find out what they have been changed to). I liked to be able to pick and chose what I do each day at WDW, not having to keep to timetables and clock-watch on something I now have to plan months in advance - and this has taken a great deal of the pleasures of coming to WDW away, for the sake of unreliable technology which is now dictating to me what I can and can't do.

People may think they are great, but my experience has been - and continues to be - terrible.

ninjaprincesst

Last time we used MagicBands....

The didn't work properly for the 10th day of our stay and lost at least half the day trying to get them to work,
We were given fastpasses we didn't ask for and had the ones we did ask for were changed without telling us
Their fastpass website constantly crashed and had to constantly ask for printouts of what we asked for, as we couldn't be certain we got what he chose. (That's before they were changed without us knowing later)

I work with computers a lot of the time. I don't want to work with them when I go away. But now I am forced to carry my ipad with me to keep track of these fastpasses and maybe make a vain attempt to change them if I have to (or find out what they have been changed to). I liked to be able to pick and chose what I do each day at WDW, not having to keep to timetables and clock-watch on something I now have to plan months in advance - and this has taken a great deal of the pleasures of coming to WDW away, for the sake of unreliable technology which is now dictating to me what I can and can't do.

People may think they are great, but my experience has been - and continues to be - terrible.
So sorry to hear you have had so many problems, I like the system but I can see why you don't. Good luck on you upcoming trip hopefully everything will work right this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom