Week after the 4th of July?

Mainahman

Original Poster
We've been in late august before and that was just fine. That week is no longer an option due to a move to tennesee, and a diffrent school schedule. I was curious of the crowds compared to August.

Upvote 0

rt06

This year we had gorgeous weather. The resort pool cleared out only a couple of times. I was almost begging for some relief from the sun at times. Last year, we had to break out the ponchos every day, and the pool seemed to close often for extended periods of time due to weather warnings.

It is very crowded. I couldn't believe there was no line for BOG lunch on July 3rd. I don't know if it's from experience or FP+, but I must say things went very smoothly.

I love 4th of July week. It was our second consecutive year. July 3rd MK EMH means Space Mountain-fest for us. The World Cup was an added bonus to the trip; lots of buzz, excitement, patriotism. There's also the length of vakay factor. With 8-10 days, we had no need to try and squeeze everything in.

Upvote 0

MorganKelly

From our experience, the parks stay pretty crowded in July. We visited in late July this year (usually go in August due to school/sports obligations, but had other commitments this year). It was pretty crowded (very noticeable from our standpoint). We've visited at a lot of different times throughout the years and crowds in July stay pretty constant (though IMHO the week of 7/4 is even more so). Early August is somewhat better and late August is even better, as you know. I can tolerate the crowds more than the heat, but would rather have neither one! I am looking forward to our early November trip!

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
I was trying to find a time to try to possibly take my niece and nephew. They are from Maine like us, and will be visiting us in Tennessee for a couple weeks. Since the school years are on different time tables I was trying to find a time that might work, and not kill their first time with heat or crowds.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
Our typical behavior for the wife and I is to get up and hit rope drop. Then we often catch lunch either in the park, or head back to the resort for lunch, and then lounge in teh pool for a couple hours, catch a short nap, and head back that evening to close whatever park has extra magic hours.

Upvote 0

gooftroop5

Our typical behavior for the wife and I is to get up and hit rope drop. Then we often catch lunch either in the park, or head back to the resort for lunch, and then lounge in teh pool for a couple hours, catch a short nap, and head back that evening to close whatever park has extra magic hours.

We are limited to summer time as I am a teacher and hubby is a school administrator. We've been June, July, and August. It definitely gets more crowded as it gets closer to the 4th, drops off a little and then a little more in August. Pretty much hot and chance of a shower every day. However, you tour like we do.......tour in the morning, pool/nap in the afternoon, and then close down a park. As long as you stay out of the parks in the afternoon you should be fine IMO. We live in Illinois and are use to the heat. Crowds are not a huge bother if you use FP+. Plus it sounds like you are an experienced visitor.

Upvote 0

JasonDeyoung

Normally? Very hot and very humid and extremely crowded with the Brazilian groups among things. The weather you can expect a rain shower every afternoon here in the summertime. This year, hot but not humid it did rain almost everyday but it's just water and no Brazilian tour groups so it was a awesome time. I stayed July 12-19 and it was a great time, I normally am not a fan of July but gave it a go anyways. I go for around a week every year in July, why I have no idea it I keep doing it lol

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Here's our trip report from this past June 28-July 10.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/12-days-of-live-trip-reporting.886042/

There are some comments about crowds and weather in there. I would say very crowded, but not extreme. We have done Spring Break and Christmas before and I wouldn't put the time around the 4th in the same category as those (at least this year). The heat was pretty intense, but not as bad as the end of July. The biggest thing to worry about for northerners is the sun angle and sunburn potential. It is a significant difference and while 93 degrees is the same anywhere, the impact of southern sun is quite large!

Upvote 0

Mainahman

Original Poster
I'm slowly learning about the southern sun angle! We're from Maine, and just moved to tennesee! Slowly getting used to the heat.

Upvote 0

DisneyMomD

We went July 10-15. It was not crowded at all, never waited more than 15 minutes for rides (my husband is a great planner). The mornings and evenings weren't bad weather wise, but from 1-5 was HOT! We went back to the hotel to rest and swim most days.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

There's still terrible heat and humidity, storming every day pretty much through Sept/Oct, so that should let you know how it is in July. I was just there over the past week (we're from up North too) and it felt like 111 degrees most days.

Upvote 0

Aurora1

We were there this past July from the 5th to the 16th. The crowds honestly weren't terrible- definitely bigger than in February when I've been before, but we still managed to ride everything each day and have our longest wait be about 20 minutes. If you plan it well and are willing to be open to changing that plan, you can definitely do it all! The hardest part is definitely the heat & humidity. I'm from the North, and we found ourselves sweating within 20 minutes of getting to park opening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom