Weather in September

Pixiedust1983

Original Poster
Hiya myself and my partner will be in WDW this September. I have never been at this time of year. Can anyone tell me from their experience what kind of weather we should expect.

TLS

I went towards the end of September in '06 and it was great.

Crowds were low, temps were decent, and very little rain.

I'm comparing this to last month when: Crowds were terrible, temps were high 90's and HIGH humidity, and it rained EVERY day (not for an hour, but for several 3hrs/day).

I have heard however, that it can still be hot in Sept. But heat is relative. We had a day or two that it was close to 90, but it was nothing compared to summertime heat and humidity.

TLS

Thats what everyone tells me. I guess we caught a good week. :shrug:

This past June was just unbearable....you know....when you get your camera out to take a picture, the lens is fogged up for 15 minutes!!! :eek:

For the HOT days, think about taking bottled water in with you. We had a backpack with a 6pack sized cooler in the bottom. We just filled it with water and one frozen water bottle every morning. Worked well.

This year (08) will be my third sept in a row and we have had nothing but excellent weather. It does get hot, but from what I understand it is much hotter june-aug.
You do get your showers, but they are the afternoon 10-15 min showers because of the humidity. Nothing that will ruin your day.
The crowds are much lighter. we waited at the most 10 mins at the water park for a slide, but at the main parks, we got right on, sometimes more then once.
It is a great time of year to go.
Hope you have a great trip. By the way where are you staying and when are you heading down.

Pixiedust1983

Original Poster
This year (08) will be my third sept in a row and we have had nothing but excellent weather. It does get hot, but from what I understand it is much hotter june-aug.
You do get your showers, but they are the afternoon 10-15 min showers because of the humidity. Nothing that will ruin your day.
The crowds are much lighter. we waited at the most 10 mins at the water park for a slide, but at the main parks, we got right on, sometimes more then once.
It is a great time of year to go.
Hope you have a great trip. By the way where are you staying and when are you heading down.

We are staying at the Coronado Springs resort (with free dining plan) we arrive 20th Sept for two weeks. Can't wait! From what u are saying the weather will be good for us if it rains were used to it here so that won't put us of.

We are staying at the Coronado Springs resort (with free dining plan) we arrive 20th Sept for two weeks. Can't wait! From what u are saying the weather will be good for us if it rains were used to it here so that won't put us of.

Hope you have a great trip. This is our first time at a moderate resort. we are staying at the Carribean Beach. It's been wonderful the past two years we have gone. Now watch I will jinx it...
Let me know how Coronado is ..

Pixiedust1983

Original Poster
Hope you have a great trip. This is our first time at a moderate resort. we are staying at the Carribean Beach. It's been wonderful the past two years we have gone. Now watch I will jinx it...
Let me know how Coronado is ..

It's our first time in a moderate resort too! We have stayed in the All Star Movies resort one before. Hope it will meet our expectations. I'll let you know how coronado is. Let me know how carribean beach is. :wave:

Menpell

The weather in September is great. It's hot, but no different than many other months in Florida. The humidity is oppressive. Therefore, you will get the occasional rain shower, but that lasts for a few minutes. We have made 11 Disney World trips and out of all our trips we had only one, yes ONE day of full rain. Every time we go its sunny and hot. And as mentioned, that occasional shower. Most things in Disney are inside. It may be raining when you enter a show or ride.....and then it will be sunny when you come out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom