Weather in late may/early June

luckey

Original Poster
Hi
Does anyone know what weather to expect in late may and early June? We are planning our trip then and hope we get sunny (no rain) weather which is not too hot!

Also, what are wait times like then? we are staying at the grand floridian...

thanks!

Steve-B

Take your poncho!

Each time our family has been to Orlando, we went during the first or second week of June. Each time we have had to deal with rainy days. As a matter of fact, in 2000 it rained every day. Thankfully, the rain event was usually a cloudburst in the afternoon and only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes. Having said that, I have to tell you that one day in particular it rained all day long. :mad:
As I understand it, June is considered the "rainy season" for central Florida.

bridget y

we went 1st week of june 2005.OMG was it HOT and HUMID.I."m from cali(north) and were use too 1oo degree weather,it was the humity that killed us.It did rain off and on,nothing you can't deal with cuz the rain is hot to..we still had a great time ,just be prepared to be sticky and hot..have fun

disney lover2

Oh dear, i do hope we dont get to much rain when we arrive on the 7th June this year, ive been to Disney March 2002 and it was hot, no rain and not to humid, but when we visited in August 2005 it was so, so hot it was killing me, the humidity was very high and yes we got some great thunder storms, so this year we are hoping for sun no to hot and hpefully not alot of rain.. Either way im sure the weather will be the least of our worries.

Kman101

Well it's almost May and the weather today was in the 60s and 70s ... lol.

This is gonna be an odd year for weather, I can already tell. May/Early June shouldn't be THAT bad, July and August are the worst.

The Mom

Premium Member
If we don't get out of this drought, you should be more concerned about forest fires rather than rain.

Alexx

It's usually really warm in may/june time. I'm going for 3 weeks in June, i'm looking forward to it but the weather will kill me.

Rabflmom

I can tell you it will probably be very hot and dry this year! Already getting into the high 80s and we've had some 90 degree days . Water in the ocean is already in the mid 70S! But I hope I am totally wrong in my prediction and that it rains part of every day or night for a week or two soon.

Drought index in most of Central Fl is in the high 500s and even into the 600 range here in Brevard County. Yesterday there were 95 fires burning so the drought is getting us. Lots of dead trees and brush still out there from the hurricanes of 2004 to go up in flames. This weekend is the first prediction for rain in a while.

I hope for rain so fireworks won't have to be cancelled like in 1998(?). Animal Kingdom Lodge here I come so don't want those night shows cancelled. <g>

supapampam

Please don't be mad if it does rain while your here in Florida. We really need the rain. This drought others have posted about is really bad and Rain is so much better than the smoke from fires.

I remember one trip the smoke was so bad you couldn't see the top of SSE (good for all those Wand Haters) but very bad for people like me with asthma.

The Mom

Premium Member
My prediction was correct. :( Fires are more of a problem than rain. I hate to ruin anyone's vacation, but we NEED rain, and lots of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom