WDW's Haunted Mansion to Phantom Manor

castlecake

Original Poster
On a recent trip I noticed HM is really showing its age especially in the stretching room and attic/graveyard. I think they should make the HM into PM. I no I have said this before but I think this would be rally cool. Be back in a bit with script/scene Ideas any suggestions?

The_CEO

Oh Just A Thought:
Maybe they are making the place look old? lol
I LOVE the haunted mansion....
If WDW changed it im guessing almost 99% .... It would change into another Figment screw up..... Just because HM is a classic... I hope they keep it.... FOREVER lol...:D
Maybe you should right up some things that need to be updated..?. Not a whole ride change.....

~ Justin...

castlecake

Original Poster
OK, heres my ideas.

The CM's costumes will stay almost the same. The men will now have a top hat, black with a green ribbon at the base. The ladies will have a purple apron with black lace. The grave stones will be moved to a "Community Cemetary" further away from the manor. Not sure where though?

The organ music will be played outside the manor while waiting in the line.

When you enter the parlour there will be to pictures above the fire place of a bride and a groom. In the groom's picture a phantom will apear behind him.(using a projector, like the same they use now to make Master Gracey age) A voice that will sound like paul free's, but not the exact same will be heard...

"When hinges creek....That is the time when a phantom is present practising his terror with goulish delight"

You now step into one of the portrait gallaries which has pictures of the bride.

GH>"Welcome, foolish mortals, welcome.....

Well is it >>>>:sohappy: :snore: or:hurl:

The_CEO

If those are all the changes you are going to make then i dont think its a good start.. You just changed the beginning its not going to clash with the other materials of the ride......

~ Justin

ToTBellHop

what I think the Haunted Mansion needs is a story. It doesn't really have one...other than it being a retirement home for ghosts...somewhere in the development phase it lost the story of a man killing his bride (who is in the attic). Any changes either need to be just an increase in effects (fixing the broken ones) or the addition of the story this ride was supposed to have...you know when the ride first opened at disneyland, there was actually a guy in the haunted armor and every few minutes he would jump at guests...but they thought this was too intense and got rid of the guy...I also remember maybe 6 or 7 years ago, they used to have a guy in the mansion lawn who would stand still for a while so people wouldn't notice him, and then jump at guests in the queue...they should bring him back! I would also like to see the proposed idea of having some sort of technology that would make it so anyone taking a picture of the hearse out front would see a ghost appear in the picture that they develop that they couldn't see when they were there...that would be SO KEWL!

NowInc

Phantom mannor rocks...but...I think 90% of the REASON it rocks is because its original..and only in DLP...make a clone and it will just seem far less "special"...

castlecake

Original Poster
Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
If those are all the changes you are going to make then i dont think its a good start.. You just changed the beginning its not going to clash with the other materials of the ride......

~ Justin

Sorry I didnt make myself clear!!:lol: That was just the changes for those rooms, there is still more....

In the stretching room i cant think of a good script. The pictures will be similar to the ones in PM. When the room goes dark, you will see a phantom, where the hanged body is now, it will look down at the people...

more to come later.:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom