WDWMagic EPCOT-30 Meet?

LongballMG

We really should meet in the MerfCove....

I've got some connections at Epcot who might be able to accidentally leave a ladder there....

haha

prberk

It's out and it's official:

1-2 p.m. – Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar

Guests can also attend an anniversary moment at the America Gardens Theatre at 3 p.m., which will feature appearances by Disney leaders and include performances by Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty. (Seating for this presentation is also limited.)

That evening, the October 1 presentation of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will feature a special 30th anniversary tag.

Where will these official presentations take place, and can the public attend? Will there be tickets?

prberk

You know, it would be nice if they used one of the pavillions' corporate reception rooms to allow the WDW Magic meet, perhaps with snacks and sodas. The WDW Magic community is definitely a group that supports WDW with its money. Sort of a "welcome WDW Magic convention-ears" set up, with name tags and refreshments. (We could put our screen names on the name tags.) It could be at a scheduled time.

Steve, do you think that they would go for that?

gbruenin

We would still be good with any gathering, as we'll be with the Celebrations group, and can follow where ever is decided. Probably won't have time to get a WDWmagic pin before we leave.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
You know, it would be nice if they used one of the pavillions' corporate reception rooms to allow the WDW Magic meet, perhaps with snacks and sodas. The WDW Magic community is definitely a group that supports WDW with its money. Sort of a "welcome WDW Magic convention-ears" set up, with name tags and refreshments. (We could put our screen names on the name tags.) It could be at a scheduled time.

Steve, do you think that they would go for that?
Nice thought. I think we'd be a bit late at this point to even try to set it up with Disney, even if they would entertain it.

With so much going on on Monday, we're going to be very pressed for time even to just meet and say hi... Having a set-up with snacks and beverages in a lounge would be a major undertaking time-wise. Even carving out a half hour or so to meet at World Showcase Plaza has been tricky working with two schedules that weren't exactly finalized until this week and may still be subject to change. As it stands, I'm asking folks who want to meet to forego the first of the two Marty Sklar presentations in hopes of getting into the second just so we can have the WDWMagic meet.

DisneyJoe

Nice thought. I think we'd be a bit late at this point to even try to set it up with Disney, even if they would entertain it.

Many of those locations are available for rent by companies and meeting groups. I just had a company dessert party in August, it was supposed to be in Italy, but was moved inside in Norway at the last minute due to rain. The venue rental was only a few hundred dollars, but you need to commit to a food and beverage minimum.

I'm sure all of the venues are full by now.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Many of those locations are available for rent by companies and meeting groups. I just had a company dessert party in August, it was supposed to be in Italy, but was moved inside in Norway at the last minute due to rain. The venue rental was only a few hundred dollars, but you need to commit to a food and beverage minimum.

I'm sure all of the venues are full by now.
The suggestion was to ask Disney to put it on for us... I love my WDWMagic friends, but ain't no way I'm ponying up a few hundred dollars plus a food and beverage minimum just to meet yall! :rolleyes:

;)

DisneyJoe

The suggestion was to ask Disney to put it on for us... I love my WDWMagic friends, but ain't no way I'm ponying up a few hundred dollars plus a food and beverage minimum just to meet yall! :rolleyes:

;)

I know; but when they have people paying and filling their venues, they aren't giving us a freebie.

GenerationX

It'd be cool to join everyone, but we leave for home on Sunday the 30th. Middle son and I will be at the MK on Sunday from rope drop until about 3:30pm. If you see a guy in a WDWMagic shirt and a Who Wants to be a Millionaire Play It baseball cap, say hi.

MarkTwain

I have work at a nearby location at 4:45pm, so no 5pm for me. Hopefully I see some of you around the park until then though. :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I have work at a nearby location at 4:45pm, so no 5pm for me. Hopefully I see some of you around the park until then though. :)
Keep an eye out for a fella that looks like this:

P8280234.JPG

The shirt might be different, but The Mickey Head Canadian flag on the collar, the blue "Monty" nametag and the WDWMagic pin are virtually all guaranteed! ;)

I'm always happy to meet folk! :D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I just edited the first post of the thread to add this:

Any WDWMagicers in WDW on October 1st are welcome to join us for a WDWMagic Meet & Greet at the World Showcase Plaza [the open space between the two stores at the end of the causeway leading to World Showcase] at 5PM just to have a chance to meet some cyber-friends and put some faces to the usernames you've come to know or meet total strangers who share this wonderful site!

With everything else going on that day, I don't imagine we'll be there for much more than 30-45 minutes before people start disappearing, but it should be fun! :cool:

828tnt

Keep an eye out for a fella that looks like this:

P8280234.JPG

The shirt might be different, but The Mickey Head Canadian flag on the collar, the blue "Monty" nametag and the WDWMagic pin are virtually all guaranteed! ;)

I'm always happy to meet folk! :D

thanks for putting this together! i know we are gonna try like heck to be there!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I just edited the first post of the thread to add this:

Any WDWMagicers in WDW on October 1st are welcome to join us for a WDWMagic Meet & Greet at the World Showcase Plaza [the open space between the two stores at the end of the causeway leading to World Showcase] at 5PM just to have a chance to meet some cyber-friends and put some faces to the usernames you've come to know or meet total strangers who share this wonderful site!

With everything else going on that day, I don't imagine we'll be there for much more than 30-45 minutes before people start disappearing, but it should be fun! :cool:

I'll be there, too! Just added it to my schedule. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I am game. I will be doing the WDW Celebrations dessert party for illuminations and had planned on participating in what ever other activities they had going on as well, but nothing is set in stone save for the dessert party. Just give me a time and a place and I should be able to bring myself and possibly a few other forum members as well.
;)
Marie is awesome. She has never met a stranger and will talk the ear off of anyone she runs into.
Especially if you are a base player for a band. @wannabeBelle :eek: Kidding Marie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom