WDW Veteran Going to Disneyland Request Info

CaptainKirk

Original Poster
Hello everyone,thanks for checking on me. You were all such a great help my last to WDW 11/02. Missed the shuttle launch by one day. MVMCP was fun. Had MK to ourselves and a few friends.

1) Can you Hop between Disneyland/Adventure with our hopper passes?

2)I have never been to California and my priorities are exploration(LA,SF,Yosemite and Vegas) for two weeks. Would I be just crazy not to visit DL? I have been to WDW 14 times since 92. We all know how impressive WDW is.

This will be 7/23-8/5 2002 so it appears crowds will be up. I wonder when Cal schools start.I am very grateful !

DLMAGICDARREN

Well I say you must see Disneyland. In my opinion Disneyland blows away Magic Kingdom, however DCA well that's another story, good but not superb as you expect from Disney.

Yes there are park hoppers at Disneyland resort, just as there are at WDW but they have many more condiitions at DLR. Firstly park hoppers expire after 14 days, while WDW hoppers never expire on their unused days. The minimum nuber of days for a park hopper is three days, so I don't know how much time you have, but if you only have one day I'd skip DCA. If you have enough time, get a 3 day park hopper and enjoy both parks. While DCA con easily entetain you for a full day (despite what the critics say) the majority of your more quality experiance will be at Disneyland if you have never been. If you do have enough time though, DCA has quite a few nice attractions.

Disneynutcase

Although there are some year round schools in So Cal, majority of schools go back right after Labor Day. But last summer crowds weren't too bad. And they aren't planning on opening any new attraction other than the Bugs Life Kid Area at DCA, so there really isn't any significant "pull"--not unless they really get to work on something at DL. I was there a month ago and there was nothing under construction and a lot of "former" attractions that are now empty.

If you're into Disney enough to join in on this website, then you have to at least do the original Disneyland. Compact and less spacious than Florida's MK, but there's probably a third more attractions overall. Fantasyland at MK is only a partial version/like 1/2 of what they got in Disneyland. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin is a gas--definately see it. And Indiana Jones Adventure is almost worth the admission price alone--very cool ride!

Sad to say, I've had no experience at DCA other than taking the monorail thru it and saying to my self, "why is it so freakin' small?" The old parking lot was twice the size of Disneyland. Surely, the new hotel and Downtown Disney didn't take up that much space. I'll go to DCA when it's more complete--there's a corner of the old lot still used for parking that would make a great park expansion. Hint-hint imagineers!

Quentin Disney

If there is something I have to say about the Disneyland Resort. Then you'll hear some few words from me.

1. Right off the bat, DLR is obviously smaller than WDW. The property is literally in the middle of a city as WDW is in a fully contained enviroment. With the execption of Disneyland, you might see the outside world.

2. Disneyland may have the better rides (like pirates, Space, Indy) than the MK/WDW counterparts, but the place is rather small. You will notice that when you are around Adventureland near Indy.

3. If there is any thing you do not miss in DL, DO NOT MISS "BELIEVE...THERE'S MAGIC IN THE STARS!!!! It is flat out the best fireworks display I have ever seen in my life. When in ended, I just had to thank Disneyland for such a wonderful addition.

4. Oh, yeah, there is DCA. It's sorta OK.

Dumbo Deprived

I'm a Californian (don't know why I didn't put that in my profile :lol: ) so I know Disneyland). I've also been to WDW 8 or 9 times. My advice:

Yes, definitely do DL and DCA. If time allows do not skip rides at DL just because you have already done them at WDW. In most cases they differ enough to make it worth your while to do them at DL as well. However, I would say that Splash Mountain at WDW FAR exceeds DL's and the lines will be terribly long in summer at DL so unless you manage to get a quick line or a convenient Fast Pass, skip that one.

At DCA (where I've only been once so far so my advice is a bit limited) definitely do Soarin' over California and California Screamin'. We went into DCA expecting to be disappointed and actually loved it. Grizzly River Run (water ride) was fun as was the big Ferris Wheel but the two other rides mentioned before were the big hits. They have Who Wants to Be a Millionaire there now and we didn't have time to fully check out their Animation Tour so I can't report on that.

dianedisney

My input...

At Disneyland don't miss Indiana Jones Ride or the Haunted Mansion. The castle is alot smaller than at WDW. There is no restaurant inside, only a couple of shops on ground level. I love Toon Town, that is where you will see alot of characters. Walts apartment is off Main Street above the Fire Station so don't forget to look for it. Above Pirates of the Caribbean is the Disney Gallery. It was originally suppose to be the Disney Family apartment but Walt died before it was completed so they turned it into the Gallery. I am 46 and still love the Alice in Wonderland ride as well as Peter Pans Flight.
At California Adventure don't miss "Soaring Over California" or "California Screamin" both are wonderful rides. The Animation Building in the Hollywood Back lot area is great, that is another don't miss attraction. At the Hyperion Theater they are now showing "Blast" it is great, must see. For a good burger head for "Taste Pilots Grill". I will be heading down to DLR in about 12 days so if there is anything new to report I will let you know. Have a Disney Day!!

Lhriangel

Okay you have to do Disneyland. And the castle.. well I'm partial to my small castle even if it doesn't have a restrauant. There is a walk through attraction though with GORGOUS stained glass windows that most people dont' know about. Its down till June 28th but then it will be up again.

If you can get priority seating for Blue Bayou. Everyone that I have talked to that has eaten there has said it's great... and pirates goes through it.

Definately ride Pirates, Space Mountain, Indy (of COURSE), Small World is VERY different, the storyland boat ride.... *thinks* Matterhorn.

*sniffles* who wants to pick me up and take me to DL????

*wonders if she should just rent a car lol*

CalDisney

I would Have to Agree with Angelique!!
There are some cool places in Disneyland
I personally cant speak for WDW I have not been yet:(
But I would Guess each park is unique in their own way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom