WDW Trip Plan/Budget Help (I NEED YOU!)

bucahenze

Ok everybody,

Going back to Disney with the gf for the first time in many years. Trying to figure out cost-wise what to expect. We would be going for 5 nights (leave evening Sep. 4th, come back Sep. 9) and would be spending a total of 4 days at the park.

What should I be expecting from a monetary aspect for this trip? Early reads that I have done are coming back at around $2400, including tickets, hotel, plane and food/drink/miscellaneous cash. Do you think it is possible to get the cost of this trip under $2000?

Looking for advice from the masters of WDW planning, the WDWMagic forums. I used to be on this website all the time so I know you guys are helpful!

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Two soon-to-be Buckeye grads!

Given your situation it looks like the most likely place to save money is in airfare. I looked at SWA (from Cleveland, don't know your airport) and best for your dates is 432 per person. If you can add a day on the front it drops to 295 per person. and you get 2 free bags with SWA. (major reason I check them first). A lot of people also talk about Jet Blue. They don't come here so don't have any experience with them. Otherwise pack snacks to save that cash, and it leaves room in your luggage for souvenirs on the way back. Free ice water at counter service places, just ask for glass of water not bottle. That's all I can think of now. Good luck and Have Fun!

Upvote 0

gobstoper27

O-H!
Were you planning on being at Disney everyday of your trip? I totally think you can do it for 2K. My husband and I have, mind you we bought our 2day park tickets off of eBay, risky as hell but it worked all three times. :rolleyes: We also purchased snacks at Wal-Mart and brought them in the park with us. Don't think that you need to buy souvenirs for everyone back home either, that adds up. As far as flights, idk if you booked yours yet but sign up for cheap flight alerts on airfarewatchdog.com this site is amazing. Me and my hubby will be visiting from Cleveland in October for Halloween and I'm really bad with budgeting so I just plan to save my butt off!

Upvote 0

bucahenze

Original Poster
I-O!
I am planning on being at Disney for 4 days (1 park each day) and then do Downtown Disney the first night. Leaving from Columbus and graduating in less than a month! The tickets are pretty expensive-if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the eBay tickets?

Upvote 0

gobstoper27

I-O!
I am planning on being at Disney for 4 days (1 park each day) and then do Downtown Disney the first night. Leaving from Columbus and graduating in less than a month! The tickets are pretty expensive-if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for the eBay tickets?

We did a 1 day hopper for 127 per person; wasn't really feeling animal kingdom or epcot. But We also had tickets to the Xmas party at Magic Kingdom the next day so the 1 day Hopper worked out fine for us. We booked our airfare and hotel via expedia. That was 743.00. I just saw a listing for (2) 5 day hopper passes for 659.00. Only 10 dollars more than the Disney gate price for a 4 day base ticket. I know you mentioned going all 4 days but IMO I don't think Hollywood studios is an all day park. but maybe I'm just partial to hopping!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

There are many ways to get the cost of the trip down. It just depends on what you are willing to sacrifice. Lets assume tickets are $325 each and no way to get those lower ($650). Next, you have your airfare if you have to fly. Lets assume $300 each for flights (no clue what they are from where you are). That puts you at $1,250. To get to your $2,000 price point, you have $750 for hotel, travel from airport to hotel (if staying offsite), meals.

The only real places to fudge is on lodging and airfare. Not much else to play with here. $2,000 is pretty easy without the airfare.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Depends on hotel. Flights and tickets will cost roughly $1200. A deuxe will be like 2k more, moderate 1k. And I always bring too much spending money just so I can splurge and anything like food, drinks and souvenirs. I add it up to like $300 a day in spending money.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom