WDW Trip 3/18/06

Ok, I am fairly new here, but everyone seems to get a kick out of these reports. So I figured I would throw mine up as well. Lets start with the beginning! Me and my GF have been dating for ~8 months now. Her Mom lives in Michigan, we both live in Fort Myers, Florida (3 hours south of Disney). Well, her Mom was coming down to visit, and I decided it would be nice for me to take her to Disney. She has never been there. I also ended up paying for one of her friends to come as well. So its me (chris), my GF(Jess), my GF’s Mom(Pam), and my GF’s Mom’s Friend (Pat). I paid for them all. We had to stay off site though, because all this was arranged in less than 2 weeks, so I didn’t have any time to save up. We went with 1 day park hoppers for the Disney Resorts, and a 1 day Universal Studio’s Pass.

I will leave out the Universal stuff, cause I don’t think any of you want to hear about it, but if you do ill be more than happy to provide that as well.

We started off getting at Disney around 9:00am. I had to wait in the Will Call line for about 15 minutes to exchange our fake tickets for the real ones. The guy at the Counter was awesome, he was pretty quick, but the people before us had a HUGE group. It looked like they had a stack of 50 or more tickets! There were only 2 booths open at Will Call.

Next stop: Monorail Station. We took the Monorail to Magic Kingdom. By the time we got there, the Opening Ceremony was already over. The train was just pulling up though, and so we decided to take it to Adventure Land. After a fairly short train ride, we arrived at Adventure Land, and got right on to Splash Mountain. This was my 2nd time riding this ride, and everyone elses 1st. I am terrified of heights, and the previous time I kept my eyes closed on all the drops. This time though, I kept them open the entire time which to me was really important. We also ended up getting soaked. Last time I went on it I didn’t even get a drop of water on me.

From there we headed over to Thunder Mountain. There was no line there either. The ride did stop when we were going up the 2nd lift. There was some children behind us that went crazy. I just told them that it was part of the ride, and they were chilled out. So that was pretty awesome. Eyes open the whole time for me again! Woo!

From there we did a little shopping (read: the women did some shopping while I stood bored out of my mind). We took a few pictures, and headed to The Haunted Mansion. Again, no wait at all, just went right in. The Happy Haunts decided to play with the Doom Buggies though, and so the ride stoped for about 3 minutes. I gotta say this is one of the best rides at Disney. I have always liked it.

From there we were going to go on Peter Pan, but there was a 30 minute wait, so we Fast Passed it, and rode It’s a Small World. There was only a 10 Minute wait there. After that relaxing boat ride we decided it would be a good time to stop for lunch. It was getting close to 12:00, so we ate at the pizza place that is right there in it’s a small world. We all got pizza, which tasted pretty good considering it was basicly fast food. After lunch we went across the street and did Peter Pan. This was everyones 1st time on this ride, and it was pretty awesome. I love the way the ride moves, and how the track is on top.

When we left, we noticed that there was no wait at mickeys Philharmagic. So we hoped in there. It’s a pretty good show if your into that sort of thing. Im not so I felt like we wasted some valuable time. Our next stop was Tomorrow Land. The idea was to Fast Pass Space Mountain, and hit Buzz Lightyear, and TTA. However, that’s not what happened. Pam wasn’t feeling well at this point, so we didn’t do Space Mountain. We did a Fast Pass for Buzz Lightyear (a 40 minute wait on the normal line), and rode TTA. After that we still had a while before our fast pass tickets were up, so they decided to just rest. I noticed Carosel of Progress was open, and figured I should go on it, because it may be my last chance. Noone wanted to come with me though, so I went on it alone, while they sat out in the heat! (suckers!). After that we hit Buzz Lightyear where I scored 900,000 points. Last time I was there I did 999,999 so I didn’t do as good, but oh well. That concludes our Magic Kingdom Day.

We left to head to MGM. We decided to ride the Monorail to Epcot, and then catch the bus. We were told to wait at the wrong stop. They just changed the stops last week apparently, so those who are planning to take the buss from epcott, MGM is now number 8, not number 1. Eventually we made it to MGM, where we found out that Fanstasmic was down for the day. No big deal, we didn’t go to see that anyway, Pat and Jess wanted to do RnRC, and ToT. I wanted to do Star Tours, and Pam just wanted to sit (her feet were blistering at this point). So we decided to use our 2 tickets to fastpass for Pat and Jess, but that didn’t work out, cause RnRC had over a 2 hour wait on their Fast Passes. So they did ToT, and I went on Star Tours. I didn’t really like Star Tours, I think they should update it. Jess and Pam loved ToT though.

Our next destination was going to be Epcot. We went there via boat from MGM. It was a nice way to rest our feet and talk about our day. We were starting to get hungry at this point as well. So when we got to epcot we went to Fast Pass Soarin’ but they were not taking anymore for the day. So we went to The Living Seas instead. There were divers in the tank messing around with that bubble thing from Alaska. After about 45 minutes of chilling out and watching the fish (which is what my GF wanted to do, we all wanted to eat) we headed to the resturaunt inside The Living Seas. Low and behold you have to have a reservation! Oh well, we went to The Land instead, since we wanted to do Soarin’ We ate our meals, and by the time we were done Soarin’ was at a 100 Minute wait. We opted to hit Test Track, but that had a high wait time as well. So we just went on Spaceship Earth, rather Jess, Pam, and I. Pat just wanted to sit around and smoke. So we left and did our thing. After that we decided to go home for the evening. It was 8:20 or so, and we had to catch our bus anyway by 9:15.

We rode the Monorail back to Magic Kingdom. I do want to add that we met a really awesome Monorail Station Guy. His name was Tom, he was very friendly and talked to us about how to become a Monorail Driver, and how he will be in about 10 more days if he can pass the test. We also requested to sit in the front, and he let us, so we got to end the day on a very awesome note. The monorail driver wasn’t as awesome, and didn’t like the questions I was asking, but oh well. He gave us each a Monorail Pilots Licences and wished us a good evening.

After that we went home. All in all it was a fantastic day, we did quite a few rides, and had a good time. The reason the day seems so short, is Pam is a smoker, so we had to stop all the time to let her smoke. That’s not so bad, but the fact that she was also wanting to stop cause she wore new shoes and they hurt her feet was the worst part. It is my GF’s mother though so I couldn’t be to mad. Anyway, the next day we went to Universal.

The Trip was awesome, and I hope to take Jess back again sometime soon. So this concludes my Trip write up.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Nice report. I have to ask - What questions were you asking that the monorail driver didn't like?

dig8x

Original Poster
i asked about birds being on the monorail and if there has ever been any accadents in reguards to it. He simply said i have never seen a bird on the rail. They are scared of my driving. Its just the tones that he used when he was talking to us, and that he hardly talked at all. I asked a couple other questions which he answered. im color blind and it was dark out so i couldnt see the red bars next to the pilons that prevent people from running into them. But i asked if people run into them, and he said in a smart ____ tone, you see those red things sticking out of the ground near the pylons? I honestly didnt see them till we were right next to them.

Tom though, he was super awsome, he answered questions i had about the monorail tugs, how long it takes to become a driver (he said 30 days of working the on/off station, then 5 days intense training on the monorail, and then a test that is fairly hard. he said you can only miss 3 questions out of 100, so my guess is not a lot of people pass it. He was on his 25th day of working the station, so he was pretty excited that he could take the test soon. I wish him the best of luck,and maybe next time he will be the driver.

on a side note, the only suvineir i bought was a monorail car. I love the monorail, and think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So when the Monorail driver was in a sour mood it really effected the rest of my night.

Lefty

I'm sorry, but I really hope you don't take Pam on your next trip. You deserve to enjoy your trip without so many stops and issues. :king:

dig8x

Original Poster
Lefty said:
I'm sorry, but I really hope you don't take Pam on your next trip. You deserve to enjoy your trip without so many stops and issues. :king:
I doubt i will. This was sort of a special thing for my GF, she got to see her mom for the 1st time in about a year, and i got to meet her mom as well. Pam will be going back to Michigan on Thursday, so im in luck! On the plus side, i decided that i will be taking Jess back and we will stay on property, and just visit AK and Epcot next time since we didnt have a chance to do anything at either of those parks. Jess loves animals so she will love it, and ill get brownie points cause i dont like animals but ill take her anyway =)

I think im gonna try for the contempory (spelling?) for our next trip there. Since i love monorails i think it would be awsome to stay there. The good thing is that we only live 3 hours south of disney, so its just a matter of saving up for my ticket(Jess's dad bought her a yearly pass), and the room.

on a side note, its rediculas how much extra out of state guests have to pay. My ticket is dirt cheap because i live in florida, when i had to buy 2 out of state tickets i about cried. lol

Lefty

Contemporary is where the monorail goes through, yes. They also have a character breakfast there, so that's cool. It's right near Magic Kingdom.

But it's not cheap!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom