WDW to Raise All Buffet Prices By Almost 50%?

Wdw62114

It's not $50 waffles. It came from someone saying that they ate at one of the character breakfasts restaurants and had limp bacon, runny eggs, and some waffles and paid $50-60 for it. So I took that and ran with it as "expensive breakfast" = "$50 waffles" in a later post.

You're not buying $50 waffles but you're paying a pretty high price for something like Golden Corral (much higher cost and lower quality than a GC breakfast).
Ive never been there. Do they atleast have cooking stations like for omelettes or fresh ham?

lebeau

Ive never been there. Do they atleast have cooking stations like for omelettes or fresh ham?

Omelettes yes. I'm not sure about the ham. It's been a while since I have been for breakfast. They generally have carving stations for dinner, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that they have ham. If anything, you will find more options at a Golden Corral buffet than you do at Chef Mickey's. I would give Chef Mickey's the edge for quality but only by a thin margin. On the whole, I'd say they are roughly equivalent save for location and characters.

Here is a sample I found online for a Golden Corral:

All-U-Can Drink Milk and Juice (four varieties of juice)
Made-to-Order Omelets (green pepper, onions, mushrooms, diced sausage & ham)
Scrambled Eggs
Sirloin Steak & Eggs
Texas Toast
Hash Browns
Bacon
Sausage Patties & Links
Made-from-Scratch Buttermilk Biscuits
Sausage Gravy & White Gravy
Grits & Cheese Grits
Plain, Chocolate Chip, Blueberry Pancakes
Waffles
Fresh (Seasonal) Fruit
Egg Casserole
Quiche
Chipped Beef
Chicken Livers
Pork Steaks
Pork Fatback
Steak Fingers
Scrapple
Corned Beef Hash
Tater Babies
Cottage Fries
Potato Casserole
Apple Fritters
Cinnamon Rolls
Doughnuts
Peach, Berry Topping & Maple Syrup
Maple Sugar-Free Syrup
French Toast
Split Sausage
Sliced Ham
Breakfast Pizza (mozzarella cheese, eggs & sausage)
Cereal

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
No it's not @WDW1974 noted that there is a price increase scheduled for october and MULTIPLE members saw both 2 credits for buffets and pricing at $59.95 for a short time on the WDW dining website which means the changes were loaded in the content management system but pushed to production by accident. So just because it has not happened YET does not mean that it's NOT going to happen.

The issue with that is we've already established the website does not show specific prices, only ranges

Brad Bishop

I think they do. I went one time 15+ years back with my, then, wife and her parents.

They have a strong following in the older/elderly crowd, I think, but it's not really my kind of place.

lebeau

So do we have anything substantial Here yet or has this just become the 'my local park is cheaper' thread?

Oddly enough for the price I pay for my townhouse in Toronto I can buy 10 houses in Thunder Bay. So unfair....

I think the rumor has always been that the price hike is expected to hit 10/01. So that's probably when the substance arrives or the rumor dies.

As for regional parks, obviously you expect Disney World to cost more. The point of the comparison is just a matter of scale. With the regional parks, the food is overpriced but you can make that up in other ways so it still feels like a bargain. With Disney the price of everything has crept up and up to the point where for many, it feels like a massive rip-off any way you slice it.

Since we won't know for sure about the price hikes until Fall, I say we spend the summer organizing breakfast at GC.

asianway

1900 park fare cooks their eggs benedict to hard boiled...these breakfast buffets are an embarrassment. Oh and I heard the removed the lobster from them

Wdw62114

1900 park fare cooks their eggs benedict to hard boiled...these breakfast buffets are an embarrassment. Oh and I heard the removed the lobster from them
I think pretty much all of Disneys food is an embarrassment. I was just talking with my wife about this the other day. Other than more snack items (dole whip, mickey bars, cinnamon roll from now gastons tavern), no reg food from Disney has ever "wowed" me. I think its all overpriced and way under par for quality. Ive gotten used to it so now I plan meals around using Disney and so far, its far better quality and much cheaper.

rob0519

I think pretty much all of Disneys food is an embarrassment. I was just talking with my wife about this the other day. Other than more snack items (dole whip, mickey bars, cinnamon roll from now gastons tavern), no reg food from Disney has ever "wowed" me. I think its all overpriced and way under par for quality. Ive gotten used to it so now I plan meals around using Disney and so far, its far better quality and much cheaper.

Let's all just face the face that all the buffet meals are nothing more than paying for a guaranteed Meet & Greet with multiple characters. The idea that the food being served is worth $35- $60 dollars in the real, non captive Disney bubble is absurd.

UberPlannerMom

And they expect a $20+ tip too! For being a bus boy...
That is actually the bit that really gets me. We are a family of 6 (despite one being a baby they count him) so they automatically include an 18% tip on our bill... even if they only stopped by the table with our first set of drinks and to hand us the bill. It really annoys me when I feel like I am being held hostage by the server. It's pretty obvious that we have somewhere to go so once we hand you our card we are ready to go, but nope- so many of them take forever to come back to the table. I swear we get worse service because they know that the tip is guaranteed. Frankly I felt better taken care of at be our guest lunch!

wannabeBelle

I think it was based on the computer glitch that had some of the character meals at two dining credits. This has since been corrected and I havent heard any official word on the cost change going up that much at all either. Marie

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think it was based on the computer glitch that had some of the character meals at two dining credits. This has since been corrected and I havent heard any official word on the cost change going up that much at all either. Marie

Marie, That was not a 'glitch' if you have used a content management system of any sort you would understand that, You need to check changes into the system and then someone with the right credentials needs to push your changes to production in a corporate environment these are NOT the same people. So while it was an error it both the pricing and credit allocations were based on REAL data in Disney's Content Management System.

Now they could have been 'pushed' as a trial balloon to see how people would react i.e. 'Accidentally on Purpose', But this is not some 'random' error this was a deliberate action on Disney's part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom