WDW Surprise trip for Fiance

Nathana

I hope this is in the right section.

First of all, a little background info. My family loves Disney and has gone to Disneyland every year for the past 15 years. I met my fiance in 2011 and she'd never been. She went with us in 2012 (to Disneyland) and that is where I proposed to her. We're going to be getting married later this year! :D We also went to Disneyland last year. Now, for our first time ever, my family, fiance and myself are going to Disneyworld in 23 days! We are very excited and can't wait.

Here comes the fun part. I've started planning a trip for just my fiance and myself in February! I've told her we are going to Disneyland. What she doesn't know is that we are actually going to Disneyworld! I've priced it out and everything is easily in my budget and will be taken care of by December, so that is of no concern. My problem is that I don't plan on telling her the big news until two days before (and that is only so she can properly pack for Florida instead of California). I want to figure out how to tie her magic band to the trip so I can book all of our reservations and fp's without her seeing. I already know I'm going to delete the MDM app from her phone, but I do not know how I am going to tie her account to the trip and not have her get any of those darned emails! Any tips would be much appreciated!

Also, any ideas for how to do the big reveal for her would be great, too! Thanks in advance!

MickeyMomV

Wow!!!! how fun. Good luck cause if she is anything like me, she will notice little things like the app missing. Can't wait to hear how you pull it off.:D

Upvote 0

Nathana

Original Poster
Well I just called and put the deposit down! The cast member was very helpful and told me that I don't need to register her Disney account under our reservation until 48 hours before our check in date. That should make things a lot easier!

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Well I just called and put the deposit down! The cast member was very helpful and told me that I don't need to register her Disney account under our reservation until 48 hours before our check in date. That should make things a lot easier!

If she isn't the type to mind, i would manage her MDE account. I mean, your getting married, whats hers is yours 50/50 etc, etc right?

If you managed her MDE, you can change the email address to an alternate, she would never get the emails.

Since you've already told her your going to Disneyland, then you can just use an excuse why you've taken over her MDE, like your planning something a little extra magical than usual, and don't want her to ruin her own surprise by seeing it on MDE.

Just a thought!

I actually manage about 4 of my family members MDE accounts, mainly because they don't want to be bothered with having to do it! lol.

:)

Upvote 0

Nathana

Original Poster
That was actually going to be my plan of action! Although things just worked out even better than that. I made her a temporary account for this trip, just with her name on it. When I'm ready, all I have to do is click "share and plan," enter her email, and the temporary account will merge with her real one. Thanks for the advice people! Any ideas on how to break the surprise to he?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

As for breaking the big news, perhaps a big wrapped gift box with an "I'm Going to Disney World!" t-shirt inside?

Or a designer Disney purse with a map of Florida (or of WDW) and a WDW Planning DVD tucked in it?

If my husband was planning it, the "gift" would probably come at the end of an elaborate scavenger hunt of some kind, complete with limerick clues and puzzle pieces to be assembled, but that's just how we roll. There are those who prefer a subtler and less time-consuming approach. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nathana

Original Poster
Thats what I did for her proposal in DLR! Months and months of answering trivia questions and writing down certain letters from the answers and forming THOSE into the names of attractions. When we got to DLR she had to hunt down each attraction in the park and mark it on a map. Then I connected all the dots on the map. That night right before the fireworks I took her down to Tritan Gardens (pixie hollow) where my family had cleared the area with help from a cast member. I told her to turn the map upside down and the connected dots upside down read, "Marry Me." I felt pretty good about that one lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom