WDW Spring Break Trip!!

totaldisneygirl

Hiya Everyone!

My friends and I are thinking of going to Disney for Spring Break! We'd probably go Wednesday through Sunday of our break in March and are Seniors in College. I am from Florida and have been to Disney more times than I can count, but my other friends have only been one time and it was when they were little so they do not remember!
Has anyone does this before who has a fun itinerary or suggestions? We want to make it affordable, yet nice and do not mind splurging and staying in a resort above the value level! I want them to love Disney just as much as I do.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

BigRedDad

Affordable is subjective. When we went in college, we were poor. We had a game at UCF and made a long weekend out of it. We brought our own college beverages with us because $6 a beer was not affordable back then. At $8 a beer now, it is still not affordable. We also took advantage of some cramming to spread the cost more. But it was a different world 25 years ago.

Upvote 0

dis_adventures

We did Universal + Disney World for our spring break trip senior year. It was so much fun. There are so many different itinerary options based on what your friends enjoy doing. If you would like you could send me a message and I could help give you some more ideas based on what exactly your budget is and what you are looking to do. Generally, here are a few recommendations:

Resort:
Value resorts are great, busses come often, quick services are open late. Our favorite value resort is Pop Century because you can walk to Art of Animation and eat in their dining area as well.

If you want to look at different resorts on property, I would recommend looking at saying somewhere on the boardwalk because its a great location. Either that or Saratoga Springs, because you can easily get to Disney Springs. Depending on what your priorities are, should govern what hotel you are looking to stay at. Animal Kingdom Lodge is really amazing and a unique stay but the location isn't ideal. So list out your priorities :) Location to Magic Kingdom? Location to Disney Springs? Location to Epcot/Hollywood Studios? Then go from there..

Drinking:
I deff. would suggest planning out your drinks around the world at Epcot! With the new Disney Springs, there are a lot of really cool new bars there too. My favorite is the Boathouse's Dockside Bar. Although the drinks are pricey, the bar tenders are extremely nice and its a very relaxed atmosphere.

Dining:
I would highly suggest getting the dinning plan and enjoying the meals at Disney. Even though you are on a budget, the dining plan typically costs the same, or less, than what you would spend out of pocket. I always suggest buffets, because they are worth the money, plus you get fun character pictures and make so many magical memories (Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Akershus Banquet Hall, Tusker House, etc.). If you like Family Style, The Whispering Canyon Cafe is a lively atmosphere and a must do if you've never done it, another family style dinner I would suggest is The Liberty Tree Tavern. For quick service... BE OUR GUEST. It's a must do for us always. We love their breakfast there, its the best quick service value (in my opinion). Lunch is also really enjoyable at be our guest for quick service.

If you want any more advice, don't hesitate to ask! Send your questions and I will be sure to help as much as I can!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom