Rumor WDW Rumor Tracker - Revenge of the Fifth (Supercharge of $60 Billion Edition)

Disney Maddux

Just curious, has anything been said at all about Discovery Island or is Disney fully content with letting Bay Lake reclaim it (which would be understandable considering its location)?

Phicinfan

I'm skeptical on the fifth gate claims.
I am not in that I am sure there has been some rough drawings for years on a potential 5th gate. I believe that was all that was stated.

I will agree with you though, I doubt we ever see that 5th gate. At least not at WDW. I still hold out some hope there may be another Disney site somewhere in NA

DreamfinderGuy

Just curious, has anything been said at all about Discovery Island or is Disney fully content with letting Bay Lake reclaim it (which would be understandable considering its location)?
I don't think we will ever see a Discovery Island development. Too much hassle and far too much other land on property to develop first.

peter11435

A permit was filed for the address of Imagination with an expiration of 11/28/2025 which would suggest something pretty significant.
I wouldn’t get too excited about this permit. It was filed by Facility Asset Management. They are responsible for maintaining what IS, they are not responsible for what WILL BE.

Hold your excitement until you see a permit from WDI

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I have decided to withhold from putting things regarding the permits on the tracker until more stuff pops up.

What "more stuff" is, I don't know. I just need to see more stuff happen.

I get the hesitancy. It's the "big one" for many - want to make sure. Crossing all crossables! I feel like the fandom is beyond due after having been trolled for so long BY DISNEY.

Davidb1

And to be serious. Insiders are saying no 5th gate for the coming decade and the $17B investment is complete.

Then, maybe.

(But I wouldn't bet on it)
Hello, new here. Been lurking in the background for a while reading these posts with interest. As far as the possibility of a 5th gate, it was mentioned as a possibility in the 2032 Reedy Creek Comprehensive Plan: https://www.oversightdistrict.org//wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2032-RCID-Comprehensive-Plan.pdf (see page 2A-10, Table 2-1 and Table 2-2). I know it has been null and voided since and a new one is being negotiated with the District. But at least we know it has to be in the back of their minds as a possibility at WDW. Now, does this mean it will happen in the next 20, 30, 40, 50 years, if ever? Who knows?!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hello, new here. Been lurking in the background for a while reading these posts with interest. As far as the possibility of a 5th gate, it was mentioned as a possibility in the 2032 Reedy Creek Comprehensive Plan: https://www.oversightdistrict.org//wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2032-RCID-Comprehensive-Plan.pdf (see page 2A-10, Table 2-1 and Table 2-2). I know it has been null and voided since and a new one is being negotiated with the District. But at least we know it has to be in the back of their minds as a possibility at WDW. Now, does this mean it will happen in the next 20, 30, 40, 50 years, if ever? Who knows?!
Yeah, a fifth gate has always been a *possibility,* and I'm sure constantly hanging in the background.

The 2032 Plan was a way for Disney to lock in the possibility of doing it -- if they ever wanted to -- without the new board blocking it.

But even the 2020 plan indicated large swaths of land suitable for another gate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, a fifth gate has always been a *possibility,* and I'm sure constantly hanging in the background.

The 2032 Plan was a way for Disney to lock in the possibility of doing it -- if they ever wanted to -- without the new board blocking it.

But even the 2020 plan indicated large swaths of land suitable for another gate.

Yeah, since they a writing a plan for what they might do, it totally makes sense to at least one major park in the plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom