News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes but as a bunch of people have stated the cost of an offsite hotel room is typically much less. Even if you add in the parking fee at offsite resorts you are still ahead of the game. Marie

And many of the offsite hotels especially the Hilton/Mariott/Starwood affiliated ones include a nice breakfast in their room rate that for the average family of 4 saves 60-100 dollars per day.

Mainahman

And many of the offsite hotels especially the Hilton/Mariott/Starwood affiliated ones include a nice breakfast in their room rate that for the average family of 4 saves 60-100 dollars per day.
My wife and daughter actually get sick if they eat breakfast, so i always just bring oatmeal and use the coffee maker to make that, so now that its just us, i could totally make a batch of beef jerky for snacks in the parks, and we could share one of those platter meals, and forgo dining plan completely.

LSLS

You can't compare a night a Wilderness Lodge with a $50 hotel room. You undermine your argument with absurdity. Price a comparable hotel and then crunch the numbers. Also add parking fees for the parks, as you will need those if not staying at a Disney Resort, unless you take a free offsite hotel shuttle. Your argument will still have merit, but the difference is not as much as you suggest.

Random week in June.

Yacht Club is $3,244. Add on your $25/night fee, you get $3,394.
Wilderness:

B Resort: $1410
Waldorf: $2,500
Swan: $2,250
Hilton Bonnet: $1900

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think paid Fast Passes or at least SOME sort of "unlimited" paid fast pass can only just be on the horizon. Hope I'm wrong!
I am curious about this. How would people feel if free FastPass remained as is, but they had a paid option similar to universal? One tier where you get one anytime FastPass per FastPass attraction (or one scheduled one) and another tier for unlimited FastPasses?

AshaNeOmah

What is the true break even point for amount of days for the Annual pass?

I've always based it off 10 days. I did the math back before DDE was changed to TiW and you could actually get a room discount with your AP.

I'm not sure anymore. I bought a 4 day ticket in Feb instead on an AP. 5-10 years ago, that would have been absurd to me. I would have found the time in the next year to visit another 6 days to make the AP purchase worth it.

Now I'm just waiting on Galaxy's Edge and the 50th, wondering if the Universal hotels are as nice as everyone says...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
. . .but that's not what I stated.
Maybe it is or maybe it isnt but it all really basically boils down to what enough people are willing to pay, fees, add ons, surcharges, package cost. If the market supports the price then its value to those that are not willing to pay is irrelevant.

Mainahman

I've always based it off 10 days. I did the math back before DDE was changed to TiW and you could actually get a room discount with your AP.

I'm not sure anymore. I bought a 4 day ticket in Feb instead on an AP. 5 years ago, that would have been absurd to me. I would have found the time in the next year to visit another 6 days to make the AP purchase worth it.

Now I'm just waiting on Galaxy's Edge and the 50th, wondering if the Universal hotels are as nice as everyone says...
We live about 700 miles away, so if there was a significant savings to just get it, and use it to get say 2 7 day trips a year, even if we had to stay off site, and i had to convince my wife that wont cause sudden death, id might be worth it to me..

MOUSEGIRL

How bad is this going to make the bus situation if nobody that stays onsite brings a car?? The buses to the parks are crowded as it is I bet 20% of onsite guest bring their own cars and drive to the parks. How is this going to save Disney any money?

wannabeBelle

Honestly depends on what you are trying to be ahead of. For my family location is the #1 end game. Offsites, no matter how cheap, just aren't worth it to us. If your Endgame is cheapest, then yes, go further out on 1-4 and you can find free parking and motels for $69 bucks a night.

Random week in June.

Yacht Club is $3,244. Add on your $25/night fee, you get $3,394.
Wilderness:

B Resort: $1410
Waldorf: $2,500
Swan: $2,250
Hilton Bonnet: $1900
Marie

Amos1784

I am curious about this. How would people feel if free FastPass remained as is, but they had a paid option similar to universal? One tier where you get one anytime FastPass per FastPass attraction (or one scheduled one) and another tier for unlimited FastPasses?

Quite honestly I would be OK with the option, however it is just my husband and I, and we financially could make it work, and quite frankly probably wouldn't even use it as attractions are not our main reason to go.
But...
If I had 4 kids and had to shell out the extra money per ride, or to have unlimited on my one trip to Disney just to ensure I have any chance at getting on without standing for hours I don't think I would be too happy. I'm in the group that once you walk in those gates as long as you have paid to get in everyone should have the same experience. The family of 6 from a low income family that has saved their whole lives to go once should have the same experience as the family of 3 from a high income family that is on their 50th trip. Now, I know this is not real life and there are guides (plaids) ect... but just my opinion.

matt9112

This is not really about paying to park. They don’t want you to have a car. There is a reason Magical Express is free. “Come stay at our resort with free transportation to our parks”. Now your stuck on our property. No going to Universal. No off property restaurants. Keep the money all in Disney’s pockets. Uber makes that more difficult now on them, but why do you think they started Minnie Vans?!? If it was just about money they could raise the room cost. $15-25 a night and get it from everyone, not just guests with cars. Think about the real motivating factors for change. The signs have been there for years.

wonder if there that scared of universals next gate...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
OK. So now you'll be required to stop by the front desk and register your car. That defeats the entire purpose of MDE room alerts for everyone who drove. What if you have a car for only part of your stay? Do you have to make two trips to the front desk?

I find it unlikely that Disney is going to tow or clamp the car of a guest who forgets to register. Those kinds of situations will escalate very very quickly. No CM is getting paid to deal with that.

Or what are they going to do with someone like me who will have his sister drive him in and then use Mr. Phillips head to remove and attach a new license tag? Might even use the one from my 18 months in Albuquerque many moons ago. A seldom seen, yet very iconic tag. Also, might quickly paint the exterior using hundreds of those little touch up bottles my local dealer lets me snag for free and I might park behind a giant old central Floridian oak tree that is adjacent to the parking lot. Just a few little workarounds my friends and you're good to go.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
How bad is this going to make the bus situation if nobody that stays onsite brings a car?? The buses to the parks are crowded as it is I bet 20% of onsite guest bring their own cars and drive to the parks. How is this going to save Disney any money?
It actually makes Disney money in the long run. With nobody parking onsite they can build more DVC locations. I cant wait to see completely empty parking lots.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Or what are they going to do with someone like me who will have his sister drive him in and then use Mr. Phillips head to remove and attach a new license tag? Might even use the one from my 18 months in Albuquerque many moons ago. A seldom seen, yet very iconic tag. Also, might quickly paint the exterior using hundreds of those little touch bottles my local dealer lets me snag for free and I might park behind a giant old central Floridian oak tree that is adjacent to the parking lot. Just a few little workarounds my friends and you're good to go.
You should try backing in to the parking space with your hazard lights blinking. That way you always appear to be parked temporarily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom