WDW Resort soap

mebucko

Original Poster
Good Evening!
For info, I just tried to place a refill order with H2O Plus, for the tiny soap bar , with that wonderful Disney Resort aroma. I had last ordered them in March of this year. It was no where to be found on the H2O website, where I had previously ordered them.
I emailed the company and they advised it is no longer available "for general retail purchase", and recommended their Sea Salt Body Wash as an alternative. I am awaiting a response from them as to whether it has that same Disney "WDW Scent" as the bar soap.
Smelling that was like a daily trip to WDW ! I might have to take a bigger suitcase!!
I'll post their reply.
Ch-Ears!
Bill

KLeigh

Interesting....looks like the Disney Store and the Shop Disney Parks apps are only showing shampoo and conditioner in the "blushing orange" scent. Bummer. Good thing I stocked up on my last two trips!

Can't wait to hear your review of the suggested alternative!

mebucko

Original Poster
Interesting....looks like the Disney Store and the Shop Disney Parks apps are only showing shampoo and conditioner in the "blushing orange" scent. Bummer. Good thing I stocked up on my last two trips!

Can't wait to hear your review of the suggested alternative!
Hi KLeigh!
Fingers crossed, but honestly, I'm not too hopeful. Why change the "format"? The bars had kept getting smaller over the years, though. .Remember when they were flat and not chunky? Maybe the body wash is cheaper to produce, and they will still keep the scent? "Smell" is one of the strongest senses, evoking memory..Their marketing people should know just how addicted to WDW we are, and how something as simple as soap can take us back for a short "visit"
Will keep ya' posted!
Ch-Ears!
Bill

mebucko

Original Poster
With each Disney stay, soap bars just manage to find their way home.
SO true!
Maybe a giant sculpture of a WDW soap bar could be the new icon in front of the Grauman's Chinese Theater at the Studios - periodic aromatic puffs could be gently blown down Hollywood Boulevard.....
Ch-Ears,
Bill

KLeigh

Hi KLeigh!
Maybe the body wash is cheaper to produce, and they will still keep the scent?

I think you're right - the body wash does seem cheaper to produce. Not sure if the scent will stay, or if they're slowly going to be converting to a new Disney-wide scent, which will make it even cheaper. They have two "custom" scents right now (blushing orange and grapefruit bergamot) while the others are all part of the standard H2O+ line that have just been repackaged for Disney.

mebucko

Original Poster
I think you're right - the body wash does seem cheaper to produce. Not sure if the scent will stay, or if they're slowly going to be converting to a new Disney-wide scent, which will make it even cheaper. They have two "custom" scents right now (blushing orange and grapefruit bergamot) while the others are all part of the standard H2O+ line that have just been repackaged for Disney.
Yep! Seems like the wash has a lot of air!
Wonder if you need a special applicator for the wash??!
Ch-Ears,
Bill

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
With each Disney stay, soap bars just manage to find their way home.

Yeah, I resemble that..... *wink wink*

I have an entire storage box full of Disney bath products...soap (both face & shower), shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, that wonderful foot cream & sunburn gel from the GF, etc. I didn't start bring home the extras until during one stay at POR Mousekeeping kept leaving us supplies, even though we hadn't used any - I even lined them up on the bed to say, "hey, we don't need any". So I though, WTH, I'm taking them home.....

I can fit so many of them in my 1 quart zip lock bag to take on the plane.

JohnD

Yeah, I resemble that..... *wink wink*

I have an entire storage box full of Disney bath products...soap (both face & shower), shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, that wonderful foot cream & sunburn gel from the GF, etc. I didn't start bring home the extras until during one stay at POR Mousekeeping kept leaving us supplies, even though we hadn't used any - I even lined them up on the bed to say, "hey, we don't need any". So I though, WTH, I'm taking them home.....

I can fit so many of them in my 1 quart zip lock bag to take on the plane.

I'm mostly a soap and blushing orange shampoo guy. Occasionally the grapefruit version is offered in moderates where I have stayed.

mebucko

Original Poster
Good Evening!
For info, I just tried to place a refill order with H2O Plus, for the tiny soap bar , with that wonderful Disney Resort aroma. I had last ordered them in March of this year. It was no where to be found on the H2O website, where I had previously ordered them.
I emailed the company and they advised it is no longer available "for general retail purchase", and recommended their Sea Salt Body Wash as an alternative. I am awaiting a response from them as to whether it has that same Disney "WDW Scent" as the bar soap.
Smelling that was like a daily trip to WDW ! I might have to take a bigger suitcase!!
I'll post their reply.
Ch-Ears!
Bill
TA-DA!!!!!
It arrived yesterday - WONDERFUL!!! It is VERY close to the bar soap aroma, and will "take you there"!
It was the H2O+Sea Salt Boy Wash (12.2 oz, #100-10314-000) -$18.00.)
Thanks KLeigh, 22YrsDVC, and Everyone!!!
Ch-Ears,
Bill

KLeigh

TA-DA!!!!!
It arrived yesterday - WONDERFUL!!! It is VERY close to the bar soap aroma, and will "take you there"!
It was the H2O+Sea Salt Boy Wash (12.2 oz, #100-10314-000) -$18.00.)
Thanks KLeigh, 22YrsDVC, and Everyone!!!
Ch-Ears,
Bill

Thank you for being a tester for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom