WDW Pictures from the 80's

prberk

1984 March Fort Wilderness

19840306DwFortWildernessScan2370.jpg

This is EXACTLY what made Fort Wilderness nice... the tranquility right in the middle of it all.

And fishing off the banks, for free!!

Still somewhat like this, but they are encroaching with stupid development.

mickeysbrother

Disney World Hats from 1980's

ChildshatthatwasCharlesfavoriteforyears.jpg

MikeysGoofyHat.jpg

Two of my sons' caps from the 1980 being modeled by an old cabbage patch doll.

I had both of those hats lol... The mickey one i used to wear all the time. Now im 29 and still wear my funny hats to the world. No one makes fun of me only when i wear them out of the house in MONTREAL.. LOL just kidding

mickeysbrother

IMG_0003-1.jpg

the old davey crockett explorer canoes, i miss them, they were so much fun

I was really young but i remember these things. Im sad i was too young to understand a lot of the jokes they used to do.. Wish they were stilll there but i guess its a liability issue since your only in a canoe.

DisDadEddie

I love seeing the older WDW photos. I never had the oppertunity to go as a kid. As soon as my daughter was 22 months old we started our family tradition in 2007. Since then we have been there 8 times and our 9th will be in a couple weeks.

gccgrad1996

There is a classic family photo of my dad in EPCOT Center in the 80's sitting down posing with Minnie Mouse....in VERY short shorts....and no underwear....:eek:
I had a similar event. Sometime in the early 80's my family was heading out on a family day trip (not to Disney) when we stopped to have a picnic lunch. All of a sudden my mom looked over to my dad who was sitting on the picnic bench and saw a little too much with his short shorts. Needless to say we were at the next store buying him underwear and longer shorts. Oh the memories from childhood.

ExtinctJenn

God I love these threads! Anyone know if the original poster is still around?

The last time I saw the fire was some time in 2004.
The burning cabin at the WDW version shut down when the 2005 rehab of the Liberty Belle happened. Since no one would see the cabin they shut off the gas line to it. When they tried to turn it back on when the riverboat came back, they couldn't because the pipes were just in such bad shape.

pumpkin7

DSC_0131.jpg

Boy does that big camcorder bring back memories. HA! HA!

Are these 2 bottom 2 from Disneyland?

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg
[/quote]

nope they're all from WDW. my parents have never been to Anaheim Disneyland. it was 'Mickeys Birthday Land' before it became Toontown Fair, so i'm guessing those buildings were taken down at some point. like i say, they're from 1988 so maybe someone could shed some light on those two bottom pictures?
to be honest i need to take better quality snaps of those pictures. they went a bit blurry.

bethymouse

But WDW wasn't for children. In fact, I find it weird to see so many children there today.
Now that people nowadays insist on bringing even the youngest of the young to Disney, I am happy they are going to build a Fantasyland expansion that at last makes FL a fun place for the really young. I am not that happy about Disney having had to place a gazillion spinners all over the MK just to give all those small children something to actually do at Disney.
Those spinners are kind of annoying!:D

bethymouse

Love the very crowded LS Riverboat picture, the Skyway, and Figment pictures! Boy! The 80's were a fabulous decade! I graduated high school in 1987, and I can remember all of those details. The pictures are packed up somewhere in boxes in our basement though!:D

Minnie1976

Original Poster

nope they're all from WDW. my parents have never been to Anaheim Disneyland. it was 'Mickeys Birthday Land' before it became Toontown Fair, so i'm guessing those buildings were taken down at some point. like i say, they're from 1988 so maybe someone could shed some light on those two bottom pictures?
to be honest i need to take better quality snaps of those pictures. they went a bit blurry.

[/quote]I have a feeling we must have missed it. There were 4 or 5 years we didn't get to WDW. Love seeing the pictures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom