WDW phone call i won...

TheDisneyQueen

Original Poster
I got a phone call saying that i won a trip to wdw.... and i think it is possible that i did because who knows how many contests i have tried to win for wdw.... they said they picked my name out of this poll... i tried getting back to them but it keeps remaining busy... "all lines are busy now try again later" .... I think it might be a scam... should i keep calling?

Pioneer Hall

It could be one of three things...

1-Least Likely: A legit contest that you won
2-A little more likely: A Scam
3-Most Likely: A time share company stating you "won" a trip to WDW. In reality though you won a free hotel stay and probably a couple of passes in exchange for checking out one of their resorts near WDW.

Number_6

DisneyInsider said:
3-Most Likely: A time share company stating you "won" a trip to WDW. In reality though you won a free hotel stay and probably a couple of passes in exchange for checking out one of their resorts near WDW.

I'd have to agree with you on that one. I can't tell you how many times I used to get that kind of call. Then they acted all confused as to why I would possibly turn it down. Sometimes I would lie and say that I had looked at timeshares before buying mine and theirs was a dump, or something along those lines to make sure they won't call back.

popkid

I get these calls every now and then. You won a Disney trip, you won a car, whatever - they are all SCAMS. Beware...

You are most definately NOT getting something for nothing.

BG Rugger

Sounds shady to me. I would keep calling though. After all, even if there is only a small chance of it being legit, a free trip to WDW would be worth the hassell. I just would't get my hopes too high.

Laura

Premium Member
You probably entered one of those contests where everyone's a winner, but you have to tour a time share during the trip.

I won a cruise once that way (when I was about 12 LOL). We ended up going to the Bahamas and stuff so it was a nice vacation but we did have to hear the old Time Share pitch. My parents already own a time share in kissimmee so its easy for them to turn down new offers.

LadyDarling

Oo... if it is a sales tactic, let them know you'd like to bill them for the minutes they are using up on your cell phone. That usually gets them to stop calling - so that if you DO someday get a call, it's legit.

CRO-Magnum

There is now a national list of cellular phone numbers (as of Jan 2005) as the ban on telemarketing to cell phones is now gone. So you have to add cell numbers to the do not call registry.

Check the area code - some scams use a Carribbean island exchange and charge outrageous rates per minute while they keep you on the line, put you on hold, or just ask you to call back later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom