WDW: On-Property ENTIRE Time or Broken Up?

On Disney property the ENTIRE trip, or do you break it up?

• ENTIRE trip - For what I'm paying, I'm staying put and getting my money's worth.

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • BROKEN UP - I'm so close to Orlando, why not check out other things too?

Votes: 17 34.0%

• Total voters

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Personally, when we have our Disney trip, once we're onsite on that first day, we don't typically leave Disney property until we're heading home. Some people enjoy staying on-site but maybe using a day or so during the trip to explore the other Orlando attractions. Which group do you fall into?

SeanWM48

part of the draw of these vacations is the escape. i take full advantage of the bus/boat system, i stay on property and i want nothing to do with the outside world while at Disney. i don't want to drive, i don't want to watch the news or any tv shows i normally would at home, and i don't want to go anywhere else in Florida including universal.

ZachS

We stay on property the whole time but its because that's what we want to do, not because of the price we're paying. We've talked about doing a day at Universal and maybe someday we will but for now we really enjoy being on property the whole time.

EOD K9

Does running to Publix to stock up for the room count as leaving the property? I know it is literal, but we aren't using that time for exploration purposes.

ImagineerDude

If we stay onsite you can guarantee we will stay in the Bubble! But we have a timeshare a couple miles from Disney so we usually stay there for free (which is why we are able to go so many times a year), but even then we are usually in WDW most of the time. I've never been to Uni or Seaworld (can't convince my family after spending so much on multi-day Disney tickets) but we have explored Orlando and the great outlet malls, oh and the infamous tourist shops on I-Drive!

Figments Friend

I would tend to stay put when i visited.
I don't drive, so felt fine being 'confined'.
Having lived in Florida for about four years i had already explored much of the area previously.
I do recommend newbies to have a look around the area and not just focus on WDW.
There are some interesting entertainment alternatives.

I have visited WDW with friends in the past who insisted on a rental car to 'get off-Property'.
It was worthwhile, particularly from a meal standpoint ( Bob Evans and IHOP beats WDW 'mall food courts' for breakfast anyday...).

When i am in Orlando these rare days, i am usually meeting up with a pair of friends and then staying on my own at one of the Value Resorts at WDW.
The 'trapped on Property' thing kind of works for me in that situation.
Seems ages since i was last there...( Jan 2013 ).....
Disneyland and sunny California is where i spent my time now when i take my annual pilgrimage.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We stay onsite because it is so much easier.We do get a hire car though and go to Uni and Seaworld.A day out to the Florida Mall/premium outlets is a must for someone coming halfway around the world from somewhere that doesn't even have a starbucks :jawdrop:

Graham9

We come to Orlando to take in the best there is. WDW is obviously a major part of this, but there is a lot of stuff outside the 'World we like to visit to make a well-rounded trip. For example, we (hope to) come for sixteen days in later November. We have allocated five full Disney days and a few days going to other 'well known' parks, a day or so shopping, a couple of 'adhoc' days with nothing planned to go where we feel like on the day, an 'easy' day reserved for loafing around the resort with maybe some laundry or whatever, and a day or two we have yet to decide what to do.

belledream

I would never leave the bubble! Went to Universal for a few days in a completely non-WDW related trip with my family and we stopped by Downtown Disney on the first day. It just felt weird...vacationing at Disney World for me is a lifestyle, not just a week-long vacation.

Why would anyone want to leave the bubble? Other than a grocery run, we stay inside as long as we can possibly manage. After our WDW fix we stay a couple of extra days "outside" sitting by the pool, drinking 'ritas and having a small vacay from our vacay.

Tom

Beta Return
part of the draw of these vacations is the escape. i take full advantage of the bus/boat system, i stay on property and i want nothing to do with the outside world while at Disney. i don't want to drive, i don't want to watch the news or any tv shows i normally would at home, and i don't want to go anywhere else in Florida including universal.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. We ventured off property and went to Uni for a day a couple years ago, but that was only because HP had just opened AND because we were down there for a conference and had a rental car.

Universal isn't my type of park (too many things induce motion sickness), so I'm perfectly content staying in the bubble the whole time. The TV in the room NEVER leaves the "Stacey" channel - no news, no shows, nothing.

DizneyPryncess

Most of the time we stay the entire time on property. But I'm not opposed to a visit to Universal, which we're planning on doing this fall for a day. We were there last in 2006, so a lot has changed since then. We've been to Sea World in the past too.

Mukta

now all of my trips include some time at Universal. 2-3 days are my ideal. Universal has really upped their game and it isn't a trip to orlando for me without a visit there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom