WDW on Modern Marvels

AndyS2992

They are all on YouTube if you haven't watched them. The 2013 edition featuring New Fantasyland and the Snow White Mine train swinging carts has however been removed recently,

Last edited:

orky8

Interestingly, the show states the monorail was 1 million per mile for 14 miles, in 1971 dollars. Though, I think that may just have been the track. But, who knows. Back then, Disney built them in house, and they aren't overly complicated.

lazyboy97o

Interestingly, the show states the monorail was 1 million per mile for 14 miles, in 1971 dollars. Though, I think that may just have been the track. But, who knows. Back then, Disney built them in house, and they aren't overly complicated.
The Mark IVs were built by Martin Marietta and the track manufactured offsite, I want to say somewhere in the Pacific Northwest.

WDWoptmist

They are all on YouTube if you haven't watched them. The 2013 edition featuring New Fantasyland and the Snow White Mine train swinging carts has however been removed recently,
I think the newest parts about New Fantasyland are only on the Destination America Disney shows

willtravel

I'm not sure what where the beams are built has to do with the choice to use busses.
It has been suggested in another thread that the monorail could some day go away. I was merely suggesting that if the beams have to come from Seattle, WA then that would be cost prohibitive. But being made on site, then cost, I would assume, be a lot less.

JerseyDad

It has been suggested in another thread that the monorail could some day go away. I was merely suggesting that if the beams have to come from Seattle, WA then that would be cost prohibitive. But being made on site, then cost, I would assume, be a lot less.

....the "beams" are only reinforced concrete .....albeit really sturdy reinforced concrete. There are DOZENS of high quality reinforced concrete structure manufacturers in the south-east US (several in Florida ...including OldCastle Precast...whom I deal with on a regular basis and who has a plant in Orlando). If Disney wanted to go forward with a monorail expansion ...the resources are right there. The question from Disney is always going to be, "How much $$ ...and do we really need / want to do that"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom